Former Thai PM Thaksin: "I'm Calling It Quits"

Jai Dee

Seems he really can't "call it quits"...

FORMER PM GEARS UP

Thaksin is ready to go on offensive

In addition, Mr Thaksin's official new website, www.truethaksin.com, will be launched tomorrow to replace www.hi-thaksin.net, which was closed down, he said.

The Shinawatra family also plans to publish advertorials in a number of national newspapers to clarify the situation regarding their assets which have been frozen by the Assets Scrutiny Committee, he said.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/24Jul2007_news15.php

===============================

Never had any trouble bringing up his hi-thaksin.net... so, for TT&T users anyway, it was never "closed down"...although it just full of his normal BS....

as for truethaksin.com.... he wouldn't know the truth if it kicked him in the balls...

as for his newspaper ads, it'll be interesting what he comes up with... but irregardless, at least he's returning some of his stolen money back to Thailand with these paid adverts, instead of sending it to pay for rock-throwing PTV thugs.

Edited by sriracha john

I know this is a bit off topic but this dog has got more of the right stuff than Thaksin. This is just on of those animal stories that touches hearts. :o

MASONVILLE, Colo. - Zoey is a Chihuahua, but when a rattlesnake lunged at her owners' 1-year-old grandson, she was a real bulldog.

Booker West was splashing his hands in a birdbath in his grandparents' northern Colorado back yard when the snake slithered up to the toddler, rattled and struck. Five-pound Zoey jumped in the way and took the bites.

"She got in between Booker and the snake, and that's when I heard her yipe," said Monty Long, the boy's grandfather.

The dog required treatment and for a time it appeared she might not survive. Now she prances about.

"These little bitty dogs, they just don't really get credit," Booker's grandma Denise Long told the Loveland Daily Reporter-Herald.

post-17597-1185267389_thumb.jpg

I can hardly wait for his book to be released in Thailand. Only 10000 copies on his first printing, thats not enough for his extended family including maid etc. He hasnt changed his tactics as he had 3 coauthors, one editor and a publisher plus numerous other henchmen I am sure. He makes every attempt to put cannon fodder between himself and any potential threat. I dont know how he ever finished his doctor degree in such a short time. Did he write his own doctor thesis or was he using proxies even back then. At least he hasnt called in sick...yet

I can hardly wait for his book to be released in Thailand. Only 10000 copies on his first printing, thats not enough for his extended family including maid etc. He hasnt changed his tactics as he had 3 coauthors, one editor and a publisher plus numerous other henchmen I am sure. He makes every attempt to put cannon fodder between himself and any potential threat. I dont know how he ever finished his doctor degree in such a short time. Did he write his own doctor thesis or was he using proxies even back then. At least he hasnt called in sick...yet

Thaksin trying to appeal to the Chinese in Thailand and Asia, yet don't forget it was only recently, last year or the year before, that he paid his first visit to the home of some of his ancestors in China.

Disgraceful for someone proud to have Chinese blood in his veins.

Well I just had a look at Thaksin’s new website. I still see the under construction sign, or should that be lack of truthful material sign. :o Searching for anything truthful that Thaksin may have said could take a very long time. Longer than Thai time I think. :D

Thaksin told to change ways to mark his birthday

(BangkokPost.com) – Constitution Drafting Committee chairman Prasong Soonsiri has taken a jab at ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra, saying he should turn over a new leaf on the day of his birthday.

Sqn-ldr Prasong made the statement after wishing Mr Thaksin well on his birthday on Thursday and said that he should focus on changing his ways so that he can return to Thailand because all is forgiven.

The Post Publishing Public Co

:o

In the U.K. Burma has now taken a high profile and the following is an article taken from todays Independent.

It may appear that this is Off Topic in this thread but considering Thaksins dodgy self rewarding business deals with the Regime.........................................

I personally think it fits in perfectly with yet another page in his ever enlarging book of greed for money and the unethical way in how he acquires it.

The Independent U.K.

26 July 2007 16:08

Comment

Leading article:

A regime we should not be doing business with

Published: 26 July 2007

The latest report from the House of Commons International Development Committee calls Burma the "forgotten crisis". There is some justice in this description. Compared with other humanitarian catastrophes, the plight of Burma receives shamefully little attention from the outside world. The brutality of the Burmese military towards its own population rivals in horror anything seen in Darfur, Zimbabwe or North Korea. Yet beyond periodic pleas for the release from house arrest of Burma's democratically elected leader, Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, the rulers of this south-east Asian state seem to provoke considerably less indignation from the world's capitals than other flagrant human rights abusers.

The development committee is calling for a substantial increase in British assistance to the hundreds of thousands who have been internally displaced by the Burmese army. It adds some moral impetus, by pointing out that Burma presently receives less aid per head than any of the world's poorest countries. There is certainly a powerful case for the Government stepping up its delivery of life-saving aid. A danger exists that the corrupt military junta that has controlled the country since 1988 will try to block such deliveries (especially to those ethnic groups, such as the Karen, that have taken up arms against the regime). But the committee makes a convincing argument that assistance can be increased safely through cross-border aid projects that bypass the military. With World Health Organisation research showing that more than 11 per cent of Burmese males fail to make it to age five, due to a combination of disease and conflict, a failure to heed this call would surely constitute a terrible betrayal.

However, full economic engagement, which some have put forward as a way of opening up Burma, should remain off the agenda. There are already too many foreign interests trying to make money out of Burma at the expense of its people. Despite two decades of EU and US sanctions against Rangoon, commercial links between Burma and the outside world have been increasing. India is selling military helicopters to the junta, which are likely to be used for internal repression. Russia has agreed to build a nuclear reactor there. Burma is paying for such things with its abundant natural resources. China is a prime customer for Burmese timber. Some furniture products made from its forests have even been put on sale by British retailers. Meanwhile, the French oil giant Total has a wretched history of doing business with the ruling clique of generals.

All this has helped prop up the junta and contributed to the oppression of the Burmese people. Trade, on the whole, is empowering for the population of poor countries. But in Burma, raw materials are harvested through slave labour. Villages are forcibly cleared for logging. Trade, therefore, becomes another weapon in the hands of the generals. The same is true of tourism, which some have tried to promote as a way of helping directly the local population. The evidence suggests that any foreign exchange brought into the country tends to end up in the hands of the military elite, not those who need it.

The Burmese leadership is often characterised as "isolated". In fact, the regime has grown worryingly less isolated in recent years. As well as increasing aid, our government must apply greater pressure for all countries and business involved in any form of economic relations with the junta to desist. A good place to start would be the meeting of the Association for South East Asian Nations which meets next week. Unless we combine aid with tougher sanctions, we are simply giving to the Burmese people with one hand and taking away with the other.

Unquote

Ref url:-

http://comment.independent.co.uk/leading_a...icle2802593.ece

I would hope that his long and well documented association will soon be taken into account by the " House of Commons International Development Committee " along with the loans the regime where granted from Thaksins government to facilitate his Shin Corp business arrangements / deals?????? and the obscene filling of the coffers for both parties.

After all he is conveniently in situ in the U.K. and can be interviewed personally relating to the why,s and wherefores

:o

marshbags

The West's concern for human rights is not universal and they can't overstretch themselves. It's not Burma's turn now. They had their chance at UN Security Council last year and they blew it, mostly by asking for too much.

The West's concern for human rights is not universal and they can't overstretch themselves. It's not Burma's turn now. They had their chance at UN Security Council last year and they blew it, mostly by asking for too much.

Sorry if i misled you on my reasons for posting the news item.

I purposely highlighted in bold the points relevant to the thread so as to try to raise the Shin Corp loans and mega buck transactions that have very serious questions that need addressing, but seem for some reason to have been allowed to fade, temporary or otherwise out of sight.

The human rights issue deserves a thread of it,s own and while i do not agree with your take about the situation on this occasion, it would be well off topic to comment further on T.H.Rights in this thread.

My objective was of highlighting the fact that Thaksin used his authority to facilitate yet another money making deal and has yet to be challenged in a meaningful way and this should in my humble opinion be investigated fullly on all it,s merits, especially the little matter of the LOAN and the favourable conditions ect. that were attached to it.

This particular issue is very important and is yet another example of corruption and misuse of his influence along with the devious, conniving and criminal intent and the implications of it all.

Again the committee could if they wish, challenge Thaksin on this important matter, and they could do so in situ as he lives within walking distance of were they are based.

As stated if the " House of Commons International Development Committee " are truly serious about their concerns and their intentions regarding abuse of power by foreign establishments and individuals for monetary gains ect., here surely is a great opportunity to forward their cause while at the same time gleening important publicity from doing so along with taking him to task.

The human rights side of things, while being more important, is a seperate issue and in my humble opinion will be further investigated and expanded upon.

The Burmese situation is far from closed IMHO by the way.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

FORMER PM GEARS UP

In addition, Mr Thaksin's official new website, www.truethaksin.com, will be launched tomorrow *July 25th*

Here we are heading into the evening of the 27th and nothing....

Thaksin always has been uncooperative with the truth...

Yes, Marshbags, I probably misunderstood the reason for your posting. On my side I just said that occasional article in British media is not going to change anything in Burma and there's little hope that the West will bring about any meaningful change there at all.

On Thailand's side - Exim bank loan to Burma to buy Shin Sat equipment is one of the cases currently under investigation. Last I heard was Surapong testifying that he was against it all the time.

Thaksin's business with Burma was bad for Burmese, true, but it was arguably even worse for Thais - they had to bear the whole weight of the drug war for nothing. As long as Burmese don't stop the production lines, killing a bunch of dealers will not change much. Supply is there, potential demand is always there, too. Thaksin simply disrupted supply routes from Burmese factories to Thai consumers. Temporary fix, nothing else.

Yes, Marshbags, I probably misunderstood the reason for your posting. On my side I just said that occasional article in British media is not going to change anything in Burma and there's little hope that the West will bring about any meaningful change there at all.

On Thailand's side - Exim bank loan to Burma to buy Shin Sat equipment is one of the cases currently under investigation. Last I heard was Surapong testifying that he was against it all the time.

Thaksin's business with Burma was bad for Burmese, true, but it was arguably even worse for Thais - they had to bear the whole weight of the drug war for nothing. As long as Burmese don't stop the production lines, killing a bunch of dealers will not change much. Supply is there, potential demand is always there, too. Thaksin simply disrupted supply routes from Burmese factories to Thai consumers. Temporary fix, nothing else.

Thanks for the reply Plus.

On the issue of the British press it would seem they are all jumping on board as the Independent attracts further interest.

Several well know and respectably activists are getting re involved and hopefully putting the issue back on the worlds agenda once again.

For my part i have been involved in a personal way going back to the nineties and i only hope they can make some inroads this time around.

I have incidently just sent a communication on the matter of a certain ex P.M. of Thailand and the very issues you mention.

I wish to do my bit in relation to this by adding the Exim bank loan issue to maybe generate additonal interest on their part, while just maybe at the same time making the U.K. citizens aware of his unethical business practices that we locally are all well aware of in Thailand.

It,s no good just talking the talk without at least trying to walk the walk in the broader sense without at least trying to add something positive.

IMHO as always.

They are by the way pushing the unethical business involvement on an international basis to compliment the S. E. Asia actions of the likes of Thaksin.

Again i would hope for this reason i,m still accepted as" On Topic " and not pushing the seperate issue of H.Rights.

This deserves a seperate thread if it is to be once again debated, even the B.Post is today printing a ref. to the Burmese H.R.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

FORMER PM GEARS UP

In addition, Mr Thaksin's official new website, www.truethaksin.com, will be launched tomorrow *July 25th*

Here we are heading into the evening of the 27th and nothing....

Thaksin always has been uncooperative with the truth...

Well it is on line, and as expected I could not find a place to ask questions, and the two pages I read only talk about what other people did to him and not him talking about his position on accusations against him. Like I said still looking for something truthful Thaksin said.

It looks like it was rushed up on line. Some pages are blank and the search feature does not work. When I first put my website up it worked better that this one, and mine was much bigger when I put it up.

The government are launching their own website in answer to Thaksins.

They,ll have a slight problem with the url and will have to alter it as someone already has the one suggested.

The Nation July 28, 2007 : Last updated 08:04 pm

Ref url

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30042765

Govt to launch truethailand.com

The government is expected to launch a new website next month to counter that of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

The website might be called www.truethailand.com according to Aran Wonganan, in response to Thaksin's www.truethaksin.com, which officially opened Friday.

He said the website would explain the government's position, adding that the state previously did not have a site to counter false information from its opponents.

The Nation

Unquote

A good counter attack don,t you think and about time they offered an alternative to the propaganda being churned out

Let us hope they use it to directly answer back on the Thaksin fairy stories and blatant pork pies.

It could make an interesting alternative to the game of Tennis.

Your serve.................................... :D

marshbags :o:D:D

P.S.

I bet the owners of the existing site have a big grin on their faces with all the free exposure and publicity they,ll get from it all.

What a pity they didn,t come up with a suggestion like thaivisa.com, now that would have put a smile on the admins faces.

I Think ???????????????????????????????????

Edited by marshbags

I posted this elsewhere, but was amazed that no one either here or at The Nation noted that the site already exists and is held by an Italian since 2001. I see that .org was registered today and by the look of it not by the authorities. Always good to see Thai military efficiency in action.

Regards

Thaksin denies plans to return to politics

Thaksin Shinawatra, Thailand’s ousted former prime minister and once one of his country’s richest men, says he is spending his days “kicking around the streets of London” and planning to raise the game of his newly acquired football team, Manchester City.

In an exclusive interview with the Financial Times, the former telecommunications mogul insisted he had no desire to return to active politics, saying he was “relieved” that he no longer had to worry “what should I do for my people, for my country”.

However, he said he remained abreast of relevant political developments as he battles to reclaim $1.9bn (€1.4bn, £940m) anti-graft investigators seized from his family last month, nine months after the bloodless military coup ended his tenure.

The funds in dispute are the proceeds from the Shinawatra family’s $1.9bn tax-free sale last year of Shin Corp, their telecommunications empire, to Singapore’s Temasek Holdings, the largest ever corporate takeover in Thailand, which triggered mass protests that ultimately paved the way for the military intervention. But Mr Thaksin denies any impropriety in his family’s sale of the business to Temasek. “All the allegations related to the Shin Corp sale are politically motivated,” Mr Thaksin said. “The sale of my family asset clearly happened in a professional way. In new modern capitalism, merger and acquisition is normal.”

The Thai military, which insists it had to intervene in politics to remove a corrupt and divisive administration, has promised to return power to a new government following an August 19 referendum on a new constitution.

But Mr Thaksin, still popular among rural Thais appreciative of his populist policies and brash leadership style, described the new constitution as a “step back” for Thai democracy. Calling the draft “fruit from a poisoned tree”, he urged Thai voters to reject a constitution that he saw as an act of “political revenge” against him.

“If they really need to ensure I am not going back to politics – they can add one more clause – ‘disband Thaksin’,” he said. “And they [can] put some of my DNA code in there to be sure I do not change my name.”

He said voters should aim for the restoration of the abolished 1997 constitution, which was intended to stabilise and clean up Thailand’s notoriously money-driven politics, but was later blamed for failing to check Mr Thaksin’s power.

“The 1997 constitution comes from the people’s will, the people’s wish,” the former leader said. “If [voters] reject the 2007 constitution, and [the military] is forced to use the constitution that they already tore up, that is going to be something. Democracy will come back to Thailand.”

Mr Thaksin was recently summoned to appear in a Bangkok court on August 14 to be tried for abuse of power in connection with a controversial land deal, the first formal corruption case to be filed against him since the coup. However, he said he was still debating whether to return because of worries about his personal safety and concerns that his return could spark a conflict between his followers and backers of the military coup.

- Financial Times

Does anyone want to give a shot at the translation of post #385? :o

Which part could you not understand?

Well the quotes are 180 off the truth always...... like ‘staying out of politics’ means, I am actively involved in trying to disrupt the new charter form being adopted because it has teeth just like the ones I was actively removing before the evil warlord took my toys away.

Something along that line of translation. :D

OK I just took another look at Thaksin’s new website. Still missing pages, and of all things when I clicked the Thai version...... nothing. If this is a True reflection then they still must be looking for truthful things Thaksin said.... :o

Seems like Thaksin is just saying what 90% of Thais feel. Get the army out, restore '97, and get on with it. Easier said than done.

From today's Nation - It is interesting to note that after the coup, Thailand and its current leaders have had to face direct day-to-day scrutiny from the international community as never before. Almost every day, the Council for National Security and the Surayud government have been subjected to ridicule in the foreign media.

Moved to the relevant thread

marshbags

Edited by marshbags