PM Prayut asks for sympathy in govt reform drive

webfact

PM asks for sympathy in govt reform drive

PNPOL610627001001002.jpg

BANGKOK, 28 June 2018 (NNT) - Thailand's Prime Minister has asked for young Thais to be sympathetic towards the government’s efforts to implement structural reforms. 

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha made the remarks in a speech to youth participants in the Tree of Love music contest. He said that his administration has come up with a national strategy to ensure effective state administration, promote continuous national development and assist impoverished citizens through programs such as the Thai Niyom Yung Yuen or Sustainable Thai Idealism project. 

He said the goal of his administration is to implement structural reforms, while his visits to foreign countries are meant to learn about useful policies that can be adopted in Thailand. He also wishes to promote peace and reconciliation before the general election. 

The premier then attended the launch held by a campaign to eradicate mosquito larvae and prevent the spread of dengue fever and other diseases.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-06-28

12 minutes ago, Lungstib said:

{snipped} Their use of modern social media is letting them access all the information that Prayuth has banned in his attempt to keep them uninformed.

As opposed to the government, who are now no longer uniformed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He said the goal of his administration is to implement structural reforms, while his visits to foreign countries are meant to learn about useful policies that can be adopted in Thailand

Then we can look forward to Thailand implementing First World Traffic Policing Standards and Methods in order to end the carnage on Thai roads?  You know, like having trained police in patrol cars pulling over violators enmass for the more egregious and dangerous driving like highly aggressive driving, excessive speeding, passing on blind corners and hills, driving the wrong way on freeway and one-way roads, failure to yield right-of-way, failure to stop and doing so publicly and proactively instead of issuing citations after the poor driving has cause an injury or loss of life.  So your citizens can look forward to you going out to "Learn about useful policies that can be adopted in Thailand" like that as opposed to just dressing up in Louis Vuitton fashion-ware and going on taxpayer funded junkets and photoshoots?

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

PM asks for sympathy in govt

When I saw the little bass player I was wondering if he sang the song of which I forgot the title:

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul to waste

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

(Woo woo, woo woo)

38 minutes ago, connda said:

Given that he's shooting the devil's sign I'm assuming he wants some Sympathy for the Devil.  Perhaps he can get Sir Mick and crew to hum a few licks for him.  Given his  affinity for overthrowing democratically elected civilian governments, it does seem somewhat fitting, 'eh?  Perhaps Sir Mick can tailor a version for Big P's upcoming campaign.    He can don a 'period piece' that he's so fond of, deck out as Pontius Pilate, and wash away the stains of illegal coup making prior to anointing himself as the next righteous and the only truly democratic candidate de juer.

"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste..."  <sing it Sir Mick>

Funny that you mentioned this song  as well.