Man sprays Maryland newsroom with gunfire, kills at least five

webfact

6 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

"Between 1982 and February 2018, legally obtained weapons were used in 69 out of 97 mass shootings"

Why do you think we need to have a solution for the 29% of mass shootings committed with illegally obtained firearms in order to tackle the issue of the 71% of mass shootings committed with legally obtained ones?  A dramatic reduction in deaths could be achieved, but you don't want that if we cannot prevent all deaths, in fact you seem to think we should not even try to reduce gun deaths while we still have traffic accidents.  Your argument is no better than, "Oh look a duck".

Be careful when you quote statistics to redneck huckerbilly's. They will look at the figures above and say that only 29% of mass shootings were carried out by illegal fire arms, therefore allow everyone to purchase firearms illegally and you will reduce the mass shootings rate by two thirds. ?

I just want somewhere peaceful to live with my kids and family where I can grow my own, be off grid, have no TV or internet and no religion. Time for some more 'power of attraction' meditation.

22 minutes ago, hansnl said:

I presume you want stricter gun laws?

You think that is a solution?

Then please be so kind to explain what to do about illegal guns?

The police anywhere in the world would like to know that.

And what about, in the US, the 100+ traffic deaths.....per day?

Or the "medical" oopses, resulting in 60+ deaths a day?

Yes, those shootings are tragic, very much so.

But even in countries with very strict gun laws, shootings happen.

With illegal guns, that is.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

There is other countries with high number of weapons, but not even close to the murder rate seen in Usa. So I would say a huge mix of emigrants is a huge problem, and that is something the rest of the world should learn from. Seriously!

How many of the killers were immigrants ?  (Apart from the fact that almost all Americans have an immigrant background, more or less voluntarily.)

It seems US-Americans are somewhat different, exceptional and always good to fight smaller, poorer countries and unarmed civilians all over the planet, so why not on their own soil ? Look at the heavily armed police and national guard. They are prepared to fight people to defend the banksters and the MIC.

BTW, I have family and friends there and American friends here in Thailand and I loved to spend time in the US before the 9/11 G.W.Bush era. One of them left the US in 2002 and vowed never to go back there.

4 minutes ago, maximillian said:

How many of the killers were immigrants ?  (Apart from the fact that almost all Americans have an immigrant background, more or less voluntarily.)

It seems US-Americans are somewhat different, exceptional and always good to fight smaller, poorer countries and unarmed civilians all over the planet, so why not on their own soil ? Look at the heavily armed police and national guard. They are prepared to fight people to defend the banksters and the MIC.

BTW, I have family and friends there and American friends here in Thailand and I loved to spend time in the US before the 9/11 G.W.Bush era. One of them left the US in 2002 and vowed never to go back there.

I was ironic stating/pointing out most Americans is a huge mix of immigrants! The biggest experiment of mixing different cultures and genes in history as far I know!

Edited by Hummin

4 hours ago, faraday said:

Yup, as above, & so the gun carnage continues in the US, which then somehow gets defended by the gun totin' crowd.

Laughable really, if it wasn't so tragic.

People outside the US don’t understand the logic of the 2nd amendment. It’s to protect Americans against all enemies. Foreign and domestic. Nazis took away the Jews guns before the put them into ovens. Promise me that will never happen again. In history. Promise me if we have new gun laws and all the law abiding citizens turn in their guns that all criminals will too. (Obviously that will never happen. ) what’s your solution ? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 2

Agents from the Baltimore office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were responding to the incident, the bureau tweeted.         Says it all fags and booze as deadly as guns and bombs.  

3 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

The massacre is a direct result of someone trying to further their political agenda...Trump. He holds rallies and whips his crowd of retards up into a frenzy about the lying cheating press - ironic as he is lying. It won't be long until rednecks across the country decide to wipe out press offices after they have spent their social security money each week on beer and drugs.

MAGA.

You was wrong , it has been revealed that the shooter was an ex employee (fired under the Obama admin) and he returned to his former job to take revenge .

Nothing at all to do with Trump

3 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

???  I've been around guns all my life.  Had my very own rifle at about age 13.  Took it on an airplane as an unaccompanied minor one time.  Up in the cabin.  With ammo.

I have 10 handguns and 10 rifles/shotguns and a couple-three thousand rounds of ammunition.  Probably have well in excess of 150 knives.  Dozens of deadly drills, saws, grinders.  Perhaps 60 hammers and countless screwdrivers, some as long as 2 feet.  I have a half dozen lawn mowers and weed eaters that will hurt you in a heartbeat. 

Tools and toys... Restrain morons and madmen ...

I guess my question would be: Why?  And please don't come back with "Why not?" or "I can."  20 firearms and 3000 rounds of ammunition? You could supply a small town's police department.Your constitution allows you to legally have these weapons, but what is the logic for having them?

If you keep them at home, you could be supplying a burglar with weapons. "They're under lock and key." As the policemen once said "Locks only keep honest people out."

I don't think your Victa or Black & Decker would be involved in too many mass killings

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You was wrong , it has been revealed that the shooter was an ex employee (fired under the Obama admin) and he returned to his former job to take revenge .

Nothing at all to do with Trump

Nothing to do with Obama, unless you are making the case that Obama’s administration fired a violent lunatic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Nothing to do with Obama, unless you are making the case that Obama’s administration fired a violent lunatic.

Where did I say that it was anything to with Obama ?

I was quite certain that Andaman AL would have claimed that the shooter got fired because of Trumps policies and that caused him to carry out the attack and I was just letting him know that he didnt get fired under Trumps leadership .

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I was quite certain that Andaman AL would have claimed that the shooter got fired because of Trumps policies and that caused him to carry out the attack and I was just letting him know that he didnt get fired under Trumps leadership .

Leadership???

5555555555555555555555555!

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You were quite certain Andaman Al would make a claim..... but Andaman Al never made the claim.

This surely brings your ‘certainty’ in to doubt?!

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, yougivemebaby said:

People outside the US don’t understand the logic of the 2nd amendment. It’s to protect Americans against all enemies. Foreign and domestic. Nazis took away the Jews guns before the put them into ovens. Promise me that will never happen again. In history. Promise me if we have new gun laws and all the law abiding citizens turn in their guns that all criminals will too. (Obviously that will never happen. ) what’s your solution ? 

The Nazi’s started their persecution of the Jews by dehumanizing and scapegoating them as the cause of the problems being faced by ordinary working Germans.

The same process is now taking place in the US.

I look forward to seeing you adding your voice to those opposing the scapegoating and dehumanizing of immigrants from South America.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You were quite certain Andaman Al would make a claim..... but Andaman Al never made the claim.

This surely brings your ‘certainty’ in to doubt?!

It was a certainty , everything's Donalds fault according to Al

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, PBarnfeather said:

I am honestly curious. How much of the gun carnage in USA is Muslims??? Newspapers don't like to publish that information.

This shooters name was 'Ramos', doesn't sound like a Muslim name, but they didn't state his religion (probably Catholic).

Edited by BritManToo

38 minutes ago, sanemax said:

He hasnt replied yet , theres still time

What is a certainty is that Sean Hannity would blame Maxine Waters:

"I've been saying now for days that something horrible was going to happen because of the rhetoric," Hannity said on Premiere Radio Networks' "The Sean Hannity Show." "Really, Maxine? You want people to create — 'call your friends, get in their faces.'"

http://www.businessinsider.com/sean-hannity-blames-maxine-waters-maryland-newsroom-shooting-2018-6