Thai PM visits cave where boys' soccer team feared trapped

webfact

7 hours ago, gusincebu said:

They cant win these politicians lol ..

If they go ..they get told to stay away and not interfere ..
If they dont go , they get criticized for not " caring " .

I remember Aquino did not go to Tacloban in the aftermath of Yolanda , and was never allowed to forget it ..
particularly by his political opponents .

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

Thnx for your post !
Whatever he does seems to be wrong for the alloverknowandcandoeverythingbetter TVF-posters.
Why don't those guys go there and take a shovel in their hands ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 0815 said:

Thnx for your post !
Whatever he does seems to be wrong for the alloverknowandcandoeverythingbetter TVF-posters.
Why don't those guys go there and take a shovel in their hands ?

You already know the answer to that.

TV posters are for talking and preaching and drinking, not for doing. The underlying cause of this appears to be a conviction that they know everything and that the mysteries of life always look less intimidating when viewed through the bottom of a beer glass.

Hope that helps...

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

TV posters are for talking and preaching and drinking, not for doing. The underlying cause of this appears to be a conviction that they know everything and that the mysteries of life always look less intimidating when viewed through the bottom of a beer glass.

Hope that helps...

No, it doesn't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daftdada said:

Everyone is a critic here, sad. If you don't like the way things are being run in this country simply leave and join Thaksin and his greedy sister in the UK.

Lived through so many Prime Ministers here 

1 hour ago, daftdada said:

Everyone is a critic here, sad. If you don't like the way things are being run in this country simply leave and join Thaksin and his greedy sister in the UK.

Lived through so many Prime Ministers here it tallies over 15, and this is the only one that tremendously grates on my nerves. How many were you privy to live through incyou time here? He did nothing for the trapped kids except took a promo tour in their tragedy. Shameless. But everything he does is just that. Bigheaded and shameless. He needs to stay out of it and let the real professionals do all they can. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

You don't know the answer? (rhetorical question for you).

Rhetorical or not, yes, I do know the answer, I'm just astonished that someone asked the question, appearing not to know the answer.

But they have not replied to my reasonable question so either someone has told them or they're happy enough not knowing the answer.

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Rhetorical or not, yes, I do know the answer, I'm just astonished that someone asked the question, appearing not to know the answer.

But they have not replied to my reasonable question so either someone has told them or they're happy enough not knowing the answer.

Do you believe in re-incarnation? You don't have to answer but after reading many of your posts/replies I was wondering if you were a STEAM ROLLER in a former life. :whistling:

Have a nice day & Laa gawn

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Do you believe in re-incarnation? You don't have to answer but after reading many of your posts/replies I was wondering if you were a STEAM ROLLER in a former life. :whistling:

Have a nice day & Laa gawn

I recognise that many people choose to believe in reincarnation, and for quite a lot of my life I chose to as well, - I recognise now that this was wishful thinking.

Now I do not, solely on evidence grounds. For all the billions and billions of people that have been born and have died on this earth, there is not one substantive case which provides any evidence for reincarnation. Not one.

So no, and if you knew me, that would give you some serious surprise. But why a steamroller? By PM probably better since it is completely off-topic.

19 hours ago, sungod said:

Damned if he goes, damned if he does not. I think we should give him a break on this one, he is a parent too. 

I agree.

I've seen posts that sneer at the guy who was trapped some while ago. Sneers of "5 minutes of fame" were thrown in. Perhaps another way of thinking is - He  might have knowledge that may be helpful to the rescuers.  But not on TVF,  Oh no. Let's put the boot in and criticise!

Then there were those who sneered at the Local Governor. All I see is that he, amongst many others , is trying his best to help. It is his responsibility to control and direct. He may not have the TV level of expertise in this tragedy, but he is the front guy. Leave him alone - all the armchair experts probably couldn't do much better in such difficult circumstances, hampered by such terrible weather conditions.

Now it's Prayut's turn. He's there because, like it or not, he heads this country's current government. He's supposed to be there. He's there to offer support, some small measure of comfort to some frantic parents. encouragement to the rescue teams and generally seen to be taking an interest.

For crying out loud - You armchair critics are not there - you don't know what it's like on the ground. What you should be doing is silently supporting anyone who is properly involved in this rescue attempt.

The normal motley crowds of onlookers have been recognised and probably kept away by now. Let them do their job and stop criticising. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

What you should be doing is silently supporting anyone who is properly involved in this rescue attempt.

IMHO I would think that most (if not all) of the posters do. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

IMHO I would think that most (if not all) of the posters do. :thumbsup:

I agree. But my comments were directed at those who continually criticise and sneer at everything. And you know that!

• Sad 1

It is pathetic; he should have shown up on Monday latest already to greet and thank the foreign rescue teams which he had asked for. If these boys and their coach are not making it out alive this may haunt the leadership of this country for the rest of their lives. 

15 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Hope that helps...

Yes, your answer helps. Thnx.
I thought they are cowards hiding in www and just have a big mouth...

21 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

There must be middle ground, acknowledging that you have a poit. But really, to go up to a mountain cave in a splendid suit, eith half a dozen other publicity seekers in suits, and to hold a new spade and pretend to be digging for 10 seconfs while some oaf takes a picture for the papers.

Puhlease. There has to be some serious concern here, because this isn't it.

21 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Not trolling, someone posted the pic to this thread without noting it was not relevant to the thread.

Perhaps you should be talking to him, for my part I regret the deception to which I and everyone else was subject.

Fair one, easy error to make mistaking a groundbreaking ceremony for visiting a rescue mission. Especially how similarly everyone is dressed, those construction workers at the groundbreaking are just ringers for the guys in military fatigues. And look how the PM managed to hide his bright yellow shirt and bright blue cap under his business suit and hard hat. 

What swung it for me was the promotional boards behind the guys in the suits with all various symbols on it.

Capture.PNG.620c49f909231ca19c83eda9c34a738a.PNG

1 minute ago, sungod said:

Fair one, easy error to make mistaking a groundbreaking ceremony for visiting a rescue mission. Especially how similarly everyone is dressed, those construction workers at the groundbreaking are just ringers for the guys in military fatigues. And look how the PM managed to hide his bright yellow shirt and bright blue cap under his business suit and hard hat. 

What swung it for me was the promotional boards behind the guys in the suits with all various symbols on it.

Capture.PNG.620c49f909231ca19c83eda9c34a738a.PNG

Yes, well, perhaps I should have looked more closely. I didn't but I'm not going to wear sackcloth and ashes just because you think I should. Don't like it? Tough.

2 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Yes, well, perhaps I should have looked more closely. I didn't but I'm not going to wear sackcloth and ashes just because you think I should. Don't like it? Tough.

I just think you were blinkered as you saw a chance to be negative which sadly you seem to thrive on.

Anyway, just trying to help your magical powers of observation. Below, rescue mission or tree planting? You guess first!

5640.jpg

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2018 at 12:59 AM, Cadbury said:

The rescue site seems heavily overpopulated. They need to shut access only to people who are vital to the mission and actually doing something to assist.

Those who are there as spectators, selfie addicts and political posers with trailing mobs of bootlicking lackys are only getting in the way and should be removed to a perimeter well away the rescue efforts.

If the PM wants to do something he should go and help in the kitchen to provide food for the rescuers.

Couldn't help but notice he is not wearing his signature series Louis Vuitton scarf.

The PM was successful in his mission to gain exposure and improve his image. Everything else comes second. Surely there is no way a media circus that always follows a PM anywhere can be considered beneficial to a major search effort. I have to agree with you 100%.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 2:59 PM, Cadbury said:

If the PM wants to do something he should go and help in the kitchen to provide food for the rescuers.

Never ever forget that the Kingdom is still a feudal society and your "wish" is never going to happen. As the local Governor was quoted as saying "...I am the warlord..." and that is another clue how the elite and their army supporters view their place in Thai society, despite what the PM and his Government tell their citizens and the world. After 600 years and still they cannot 'advance' as far as Singapore has done in 50 years. Sad, I know, but that is the reality.

In fact, I would venture that they may well become a vassal state of China (not by military takeover but by financial/economic takeover) at some future time.

In the meantime, it would be great to hear some good news about the kids. We all continue to hope and wish the best for the rescuers efforts but surely time is running out?