Put your cards on the table, EU makes last Brexit call to Britain

rooster59

48 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

How can she not deliver 

To paraphrase

'' Brexit means Brexit '' and '' No deal is better than a bad deal ''

WTO rules it is. Now get on with it.

Yes, if that happens I would echo the same sentiments. Let the Brexiteers get on with it. BTW, Rees-Mogg has already relocated his business office to the EU. Seems he's one Brexit rat that has deserted the UK ship already.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Hopefully not. UK can veto to some fundamental votes, but hopefully not everything.

It would be quite sad to see minority dictatorship within EU.

No, EU is not Commonwealth society, where Britain has the Queen and be the centre of the known world. That was what UK wishes to be, but it's times of the long gone glory.

Now we work together, without a master race, dictating what to do. This new world order requires us all to work together, making compromises, which sometimes feels like defeats to us, but are actually beneficial to us all. 

That's how to world works. 

Unless one country wishes to isolate itself to be fully "independent". Then it's up to them to become the Venezuela of the west. Proud and independent, laughing how stupid the other countries, with their globalist views are. Good luck.

That just cracked me up. What you have in the EU is a majority supporting a dictatorship.  

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

OK done. The answer is no.

Well that will be absolutely correct and no going back when Brexit occurs - which is what Duncan-Smith fears as the UK would have zero input into EU matters that would affect the UK. I understand that negotiations on that subject has not yet protected the UK.

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

That just cracked me up. What you have in the EU is a majority supporting a dictatorship.  

Majority supporting the common will of the people who live in different countries - for now on. 

You are one of the Texasians, who support state laws. I'm one of the federalists, who support the federal government oversight over each of the EU union states we have. As I think it simplifies the government.

Now the real thing here is that I want to push the power to the people. I want the countries, their local county groups and their cities to have as much as power as it's possible to them to have, as long as those don't become nutters. 

It's quite beneficial for each EU country and local municipalities to have their own ways to do things within EU. It's also quite smart to collaborate on big things like military, science  etc. 

If UK demands each EU country to have Lords and similar nonsense within their governance, we say <deleted> you, and don't follow that minority rule. 

The same applies to each of the member countries proposing something equally stupid. 

That's how we roll. 

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Well if Trump is still POTUS then we won't be in the queue at all!

May writing a new "customs union" to present later this week. JRM threatening a coup if May doesn't deliver the Brexit she promised, which she can't do and never could.  All going swimmingly well then.  

But she won't say what the "third way" is. How exciting! Maybe they'll have pass the parcel and musical chairs at chequers! I do hope so  ?

1 hour ago, The Renegade said:

How can she not deliver 

To paraphrase

'' Brexit means Brexit '' and '' No deal is better than a bad deal ''

WTO rules it is. Now get on with it.

The problem is we're not all fruit pickers. Some of us have loftier ambitions ?

1 hour ago, The Renegade said:

Was that when the Scots tried to break up the Union in 2014 and in the years 2016 - 18, we have Scots screaming that leaving the EU will break up the Union.

It would be funny - Except they are not bright enough to work out the rank hypocrisy.

You are still being unpleasant. Just tone it down. OK?

41 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Do you really know what a dictatorship is? You must know so I can only assume you are hazy on how the EU actually works. It's not perfect for sure but a dictatorship? No, nothing like.

39 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Well that will be absolutely correct and no going back when Brexit occurs - which is what Duncan-Smith fears as the UK would have zero input into EU matters that would affect the UK. I understand that negotiations on that subject has not yet protected the UK.

By leaving and rejoining we will lose all our opt outs and special arrangements and all just avoid competition for English vegetable handling consultants.

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

My question remains unanswered. Surprise surprise. 

Is it so difficult to understand that when unanimity is required, any member state can veto a decision? So I answered your question: tax policy, social policy , amendment to treaties, admission of new member states, for example. If you are not satisfied with this answer you move your ass and use that wonderfull thing called the Internet.

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

Majority supporting the common will of the people who live in different countries - for now on. 

You are one of the Texasians, who support state laws. I'm one of the federalists, who support the federal government oversight over each of the EU union states we have. As I think it simplifies the government.

Now the real thing here is that I want to push the power to the people. I want the countries, their local county groups and their cities to have as much as power as it's possible to them to have, as long as those don't become nutters. 

It's quite beneficial for each EU country and local municipalities to have their own ways to do things within EU. It's also quite smart to collaborate on big things like military, science  etc. 

If UK demands each EU country to have Lords and similar nonsense within their governance, we say <deleted> you, and don't follow that minority rule. 

The same applies to each of the member countries proposing something equally stupid. 

That's how we roll. 

Texasians  what a hoot!

36 minutes ago, candide said:

Is it so difficult to understand that when unanimity is required, any member state can veto a decision? So I answered your question: tax policy, social policy , amendment to treaties, admission of new member states, for example. If you are not satisfied with this answer you move your ass and use that wonderfull thing called the Internet.

The fact is there are (or were) many vetoes for different purposes and that many of there ones that we did have were given away by Blair and Cameron as bargaining chips during negotiations for a few weak concessions. Hopeless.

49 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Do you really know what a dictatorship is? You must know so I can only assume you are hazy on how the EU actually works. It's not perfect for sure but a dictatorship? No, nothing like.

Well a better description has eluded me for now.

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

We need to be seen to play the game, but the end result is all that matters. You, of all people, should understand the importance of a country making its own decisions within its own parliament rather than them being made by another country. 

???

And yet the SNP want to jump out of the Union but stay in the EU.

Yet you cannot see the hypocrisy ??

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

Oligarchy?

I agree that EU democracy is not good enough. But neither is our own.

Our own seems to have proved itself not fit for purpose at the moment ....

38 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Oligarchy?

I agree that EU democracy is not good enough. But neither is our own.

The very same. Thanks and agree and agree but I think the EU will continue to centralise power of if it can. The EU is not very democratic because the elected EP has rather limited powers and is largely controlled by the larger, core groups from across the Channel. At least the British have far more direct control over who can become their next group of muppets-in-charge.  

David Allen Green

So, the UK heads towards a Brexit which half oppose in principle and the other half increasingly oppose in practice.

And nothing seems capable of stopping or delaying it.

18 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Are you aware that Brexit hasn't actually happened yet, so how can there possibly be any benefits from something that is yet to happen. The UK is still in the EU, you really should try to keep up with events.

Brexit was not a rightwing coup, it was a democratic referendum for the eligible electorate of the UK to vote on remaining in, or leaving the EU. Google 'coup' if you don't know what it means, and please try to proofread your comments before submitting them, it will prevent you from being ridiculed

So let's have that list then......... and I suppose you think the current mess is nothing to do with Brexit?

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

The very same. Thanks and agree and agree but I think the EU will continue to centralise power of if it can. The EU is not very democratic because the elected EP has rather limited powers and is largely controlled by the larger, core groups from across the Channel. At least the British have far more direct control over who can become their next group of muppets-in-charge.  

I haven’t read the article because my computer's anti-drivel software prevents me from accessing the Independent, among other publications

except for the last. 40 years they've been doing exactly the opposite

8 hours ago, nauseus said:

Well a better description has eluded me for now.

You perhaps need a better example.

Take a look at the efforts of PM Theresa May to bypass parliament with government by executive order and the branding of those who had the temerity to demand parliament be consulted ‘enemies of the people’.

8 hours ago, tebee said:

David Allen Green

So, the UK heads towards a Brexit which half oppose in principle and the other half increasingly oppose in practice.

And nothing seems capable of stopping or delaying it.

So that is what David Allen Green thinks tebee.

Obviously like the EU, you have read the '' White Paper '' so give us your thoughts ??

From yesterday's Remainer Bible.

UK's latest Brexit proposal is unrealistic, say EU officials

EU sources who have seen drafts of white paper say proposals would never be accepted

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/02/uk-latest-brexit-proposal-is-unrealistic-say-eu-officials

Yet according to the BBC 3 hours ago

Sources in both the European Council and the European Commission deny they have seen a draft of the UK's Brexit White Paper.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-44671507

It does not matter what the '' White Paper '' says. If it does not include keeping the UK tied at the hip to Brussels, under control of the ECJ and handing over £ Billions for the pleasure, the EU will reject it.

1 minute ago, The Renegade said:

So that is what David Allen Green thinks tebee.

Obviously like the EU, you have read the '' White Paper '' so give us your thoughts ??

DhDWidYWAAgg6DR.jpg

Archived