Put your cards on the table, EU makes last Brexit call to Britain

rooster59

16 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Things that make you go Hmmmmm

https://www.politico.eu/article/emmanuel-macron-mini-me-academy/

40 years of indoctrination that the EU ( Institutions ) is the Bees Knees and must be supported to the detriment of the idea of a Nation State.

Just imagine how good it might have been if it had stayed as a Trading Block without the desire to morph into a Supranational Superstate ??

Ok, but your whataboutery aside, I will repeat my question:

33 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

If the above is true, what do you think will change after Brexit, and who will drive that change?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

If the above is true, what do you think will change after Brexit, and who will drive that change?

Currently the UK Government has a permanent get out clause. They can blame the EU for their <deleted>-ups.

Both main Parties have used this over the years.

After Brexit, the UK Government becomes completely accountable to the UK electorate.

It is not rocket science. We can vote out UK Governments, we cannot vote out the EU Institutions.

4 hours ago, stephenterry said:

It doesn't take much to reason that the soon to be produced 'white paper'  - which should have been produced and submitted to parliament and ratified and agreed before Article 50 was enacted - would contain a cobbled compromise that hardly satisfies both leavers and remainers, but would be regarded as 'cherry-picking by the EU, and thus materially rejected.  

It's so obvious...

Yet another keyboard lawyer who believes that he knows more than anybody in the government.

If you believe that you could do better please ask the PM for a job as a negotiator.

19 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Currently the UK Government has a permanent get out clause. They can blame the EU for their <deleted>-ups.

Both main Parties have used this over the years.

After Brexit, the UK Government becomes completely accountable to the UK electorate.

It is not rocket science. We can vote out UK Governments, we cannot vote out the EU Institutions.

We can vote the government out now - the are not going to become any more accountable than they currently are. In fact, with the Tories' proposed boundary changes, they are further cementing their hold on power.

But that is irrelevant. Nontabury's meme suggested that dark powers that had us under their control without our being aware of it. My question to him was, if that is true, how will Brexit emancipate us. You elected to answer on his behalf so I will, for a third time, repeat my question - how will Brexit save us from those shadowy, mysterious powers that have control over us, and who will play the role of Morpheus?

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Yet another keyboard lawyer who believes that he knows more than anybody in the government.

If you believe that you could do better please ask the PM for a job as a negotiator.

To be fair, StephenTerry isn’t the one promising to produce a white paper and get it agreed by the Cabinet this week.

(No Parlimentary scrutiny and vote is expected on the grounds this PM believes Article 50 gave her the right to govern by executive decree).

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

To be fair, StephenTerry isn’t the one promising to produce a white paper and get it agreed by the Cabinet this week.

(No Parlimentary scrutiny and vote is expected on the grounds this PM believes Article 50 gave her the right to govern by executive decree).

To be equally fair most of his posts are running down the government and the PM.

I was taught many years ago that if I thought that i could do better then I should step up and try.

I don't think anybody on TVF has any real idea of what is going on but many of them "know" that they could do better.

My answer is that you are more than welcome to do so.

All you need to do is to stand for parliament at the next election, get elected and work your way up to become a minister and then you will have a good chance to assist in running the the UK the way you think it should be run.

See how easy that is.

2 hours ago, tebee said:

So, we are 2 years down the line, with just a short time to finish arranging our withdrawal agreement. Is now really the time to start thinking about the financial implications ? 

MPs request Bank and Treasury Brexit analysis

https://news.sky.com/story/theresa-may-asks-treasury-for-brexit-analysis-11424409

And to think we once used to be a proud nation,  admired for a pragmatic diplomacy.... 

tebee, I doubt that I will ever agree with anything you say, but I need to say that you are a decent sort.

This morning I posted an off-topic comment, about the fact that the 12 young lads and their football coach/manager, that have been lost in a cave near Chiang Rai for 9 days, had been found alive. I was overjoyed, and wanted to share the news.

I received a lot (comparatively) of likes for the post, but you were the only remainer that had the generosity of spirit to completely ignore that it was posted by a Brexiteer, and post a like. Thank you for that.

I will probably continue to mock you and berate your views, but I would happily sit down and share a bottle or two with you. You take criticism and insults on the chin, without ever getting spiteful in response, and this morning you proved that there is much more to you than your political opinions. You are worth more than ten of the other remainers on here put together. good man, respect !

9 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

tebee, I doubt that I will ever agree with anything you say, but I need to say that you are a decent sort.

This morning I posted an off-topic comment, about the fact that the 12 young lads and their football coach/manager, that have been lost in a cave near Chiang Rai for 9 days, had been found alive. I was overjoyed, and wanted to share the news.

I received a lot (comparatively) of likes for the post, but you were the only remainer that had the generosity of spirit to completely ignore that it was posted by a Brexiteer, and post a like. Thank you for that.

I will probably continue to mock you and berate your views, but I would happily sit down and share a bottle or two with you. You take criticism and insults on the chin, without ever getting spiteful in response, and this morning you proved that there is much more to you than your political opinions. You are worth more than ten of the other remainers on here put together. good man, respect !

In a thread of bizarre posts, this has the take the biscuit. Were you on a fishing exercise when you posted this morning? Do you take personally the feedback you get from strangers on social media? Do you honestly believe that I did not click like out of spite, or because we have differing views over Brexit? Words almost fail me.

16 minutes ago, billd766 said:

To be equally fair most of his posts are running down the government and the PM.

I was taught many years ago that if I thought that i could do better then I should step up and try.

I don't think anybody on TVF has any real idea of what is going on but many of them "know" that they could do better.

My answer is that you are more than welcome to do so.

All you need to do is to stand for parliament at the next election, get elected and work your way up to become a minister and then you will have a good chance to assist in running the the UK the way you think it should be run.

See how easy that is.

We should not criticise the government unless we are willing to stand for election ourselves? 

Since when did such nonsense creep into UK political discourse?

Last week the PM admitted she has not yet agreed the UK’s negotiating position with her own cabinet - more than two years after the referendum!

Cabinet minister Liam Fox is on record for declaring this would be ‘the easiest negotiation in human history’,

It’s an utter shambles.

So yes I understand why you’d rather people didn’t point out the obvious fact that Brexit started with no plan and that the government is running around like a headless chicken.

But let’s have none of this nonsense of pointing fingers at Remain supporters.

If you voted for Brexit, you own this mess.

18 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

The rest of us managed to navigate our way to the ‘Thailand News’ forum and find the relevant thread in which to comment/respond.

14 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:
29 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

In a thread of bizarre posts, this has the take the biscuit. Were you on a fishing exercise when you posted this morning? Do you take personally the feedback you get from strangers on social media? Do you honestly believe that I did not click like out of spite, or because we have differing views over Brexit? Words almost fail me.

Actually words returned as I thought some more about the passive aggressive nature of your post. I am incredulous that you would use this situation as a cynical opportunity to paint remainers as lacking generosity of spirit, of being spiteful or one dimensional, and at the same time claim some sort of moral high ground. Utterly, utterly bizarre.

As Chomper said, there are several threads have been running for some time now; my empathy or otherwise cannot be judged on whether I clicked like on your particular post.

44 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

But that is irrelevant. Nontabury's meme suggested that dark powers that had us under their control without our being aware of it.

???

Remainers getting excited about dark forces ??

It woz the Russians that done it.

Ohhhh wait

It woz Cambridge Analytica that done it

Ohhhh wait.

Perhaps it was a Right Wing Coup that done it.

Ohhhh wait

Perhaps it was a soft coup and not a Right Wing Coup that done it.

Every excuse in the book pulled out of the @rse of remainers because they cannot accept that just over 17 million voters are not racist, xenophobes or Right Wing Nazi's.

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The rest of us managed to navigate our way to the ‘Thailand News’ forum and find the relevant thread in which to comment/respond.

I heard about it about 0100hrs but it was such joyous news I honestly thought it deserved a like, it wasn't as if it cost me anything.

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

Actually words returned as I thought some more about the passive aggressive nature of your post. I am incredulous that you would use this situation as a cynical opportunity to paint remainers as lacking generosity of spirit, of being spiteful or one dimensional, and at the same time claim some sort of moral high ground. Utterly, utterly bizarre.

As Chomper said, there are several threads have been running for some time now; my empathy or otherwise cannot be judged on whether I clicked like on your particular post.

He was ‘virtue signalling’.

Book mark it.

1 minute ago, The Renegade said:

???

Ohhhh wait

Ohhhh wait.

Ohhhh wait

Every excuse in the book pulled out of the @rse of remainers because they cannot accept that just over 17 million voters are not racist, xenophobes or Right Wing Nazi's.

Are you having a senior moment or are you simply trolling?

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

???

Ohhhh wait

Ohhhh wait.

Ohhhh wait

Show us the UK’s negotiating position, the one PM Theresa May is getting her cabinet to agree on this week.

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

I simply commended tebee on his generosity of spirit; I didn't judge you, you seem to be doing that yourself 

5 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I simply commended tebee on his generosity of spirit; I didn't judge you, you seem to be doing that yourself 

But you did twice make the comparison to other ‘remainers’.

Your later statements don’t add up.

But don’t get me wrong, love strikes in the strangest of places.

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Are you having a senior moment or are you simply trolling?

Neither.

As well you know.

And let's throw in another one for good measure.

There should be another vote and only under 45's should be able to vote.

???

The sad, sad,sad mentality of butt hurt remainers.

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He was ‘virtue signalling’.

Book mark it.

Nonsense, I am prohibited from so doing, that is the sacred ground of remainers, as I’m sure you know only too well; you can confirm it with the crisp salesman when he returns from Russia.

2 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I beg to differ. You wrote:

36 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

you were the only remainer that had the generosity of spirit to completely ignore that it was posted by a Brexiteer, and post a like.

and:

37 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

You are worth more than ten of the other remainers on here put together

But don't worry, I am not offended by the above, just a bit taken aback.

10 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Neither.

As well you know.

And let's throw in another one for good measure.

???

The sad, sad,sad mentality of butt hurt remainers.

This reminds me of when I tried to teach my grandmother how to use the internet. You can thank her for my good patience.

Go back to post #386, where Nontabury suggested that we are all drones, controlled by an unspecified coterie of bankers and evil global entities. 

I did not propose that, I questioned that. 

If you cannot see why you are barking up the wrong tree, then I will put you in touch my grandmother's IT coach at the Silver Surfers' club - she is much more experienced at explaining these things in very simple language. 

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But you did twice make the comparison to other ‘remainers’.

Your later statements don’t add up.

But don’t get me wrong, love strikes in the strangest of places.

I did not refer to any remainers personally, but it would appear that some Achilles’ heel’s have been struck by the ricochet

3 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I did not refer to any remainers personally, but it would appear that some Achilles’ heel’s have been struck by the ricochet

We know what you referred to EQ, it’s recorded for all to see.

Now quit your gaslighting.

56 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Thanks - I happen to believe common decency is more important than political posturing and I don't believe in judging people.

I may not agree with everything you say ( OK Anything), but I also believe you have the right to say it and if you do say something I'm pleased about I'm happy to agree with you for once. 

Indeed one of the things that most worries me about brexit is how polarized we have become. We have two tribes, neither of which is prepared to compromise. It's going to end badly  for the fabric of British society whatever the eventual outcome is.  

7 hours ago, The Renegade said:

Paragraph 3 of Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty is far too difficult for all the highly educated remainers to comprehend

http://www.lisbon-treaty.org/wcm/the-lisbon-treaty/treaty-on-European-union-and-comments/title-6-final-provisions/137-article-50.html

By what twisted logic can you remain a member of the SM / CU when all EU Treaties have ceased to apply ?

Because the other members of the club say so

Archived