Put your cards on the table, EU makes last Brexit call to Britain

rooster59

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

So that is what David Allen Green thinks tebee.

Obviously like the EU, you have read the '' White Paper '' so give us your thoughts ??

From yesterday's Remainer Bible.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/02/uk-latest-brexit-proposal-is-unrealistic-say-eu-officials

Yet according to the BBC 3 hours ago

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-44671507

It does not matter what the '' White Paper '' says. If it does not include keeping the UK tied at the hip to Brussels, under control of the ECJ and handing over £ Billions for the pleasure, the EU will reject it.

Don’t get ahead of yourself.

Theresa May’s own cabinet haven’t yet approved it.

4 hours ago, kwilco said:

I haven’t read the article because my computer's anti-drivel software prevents me from accessing the Independent, among other publications

except for the last. 40 years they've been doing exactly the opposite

Plagiarism, which is against forum rules !!

52 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Well done tebee.

Another glaring example of the Education levels of Remainers.

Were you awake all night, poised at your keyboard fingers at the ready, waiting for an opportunity to post that ??

Because Tebee’s posts are representative of the education levels of millions of Remain supporters?!

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Because Tebee’s posts are representative of the education levels of millions of Remain supporters?!

Tebee's an anarchist anyway with no respect for authority........ 

11 hours ago, The Renegade said:

???

And yet the SNP want to jump out of the Union but stay in the EU.

Yet you cannot see the hypocrisy ??

Step 1 - independence;

Step 2 - whatever the people of an independent Scotland choose to do.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Don’t get ahead of yourself.

Theresa May’s own cabinet haven’t yet approved it.

I also do not know what exactly will be in the "white paper", but an educated guess:

Cake (with cherries on top).

32 minutes ago, tebee said:

Brexit can be easily fixed, but would cost 316 part time workers their jobs. Just sack the entire Tory party. Job done.

Tebee, if you haven't been following Carole Cadwalladr on Twitter, take a look at her timeline today. She has been courageously digging through the stinking, fetid dung heap that is Vote Leave - now she has uncovered a clear link between Banks and Andrew Neil, with the latter offering to help the former find donors; another day and yet more evidence of us having being hoodwinked by corrupt tax avoiding billionaires.

Stand by for more strenuous denials from those in strenuous denial in 5, 4,  3...

16 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Tebee, if you haven't been following Carole Cadwalladr on Twitter, take a look at her timeline today. She has been courageously digging through the stinking, fetid dung heap that is Vote Leave - now she has uncovered a clear link between Banks and Andrew Neil, with the latter offering to help the former find donors; another day and yet more evidence of us having being hoodwinked by corrupt tax avoiding billionaires.

Stand by for more strenuous denials from those in strenuous denial in 5, 4,  3...

This might surprise you, but I do indeed follow her, @J_amesp too.

I hope something comes of this, but suspect it might all get buried in the end - Lord Ashcroft is involved too and he is the largest Tory party donor - the government have a lot to hide!

Then there was the dirty DUP money too.

Why can working class Leave voters not see that it is very unlikely that multi-millionaires are very unlikely to be spending their money for thing that will benefit them?     

29 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

another day and yet more evidence of us having being hoodwinked by corrupt tax avoiding billionaires.

Hate to have to point out the obvious to you, but Tax Avoidance is not illegal.

Tax evasion is a whole different ball game.

21 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Hate to have to point out the obvious to you, but Tax Avoidance is not illegal.

Tax evasion is a whole different ball game.

Where did I mention illegality in relation to their tax arrangements?

41 minutes ago, tebee said:

This might surprise you, but I do indeed follow her, @J_amesp too.

I hope something comes of this, but suspect it might all get buried in the end - Lord Ashcroft is involved too and he is the largest Tory party donor - the government have a lot to hide!

Then there was the dirty DUP money too.

Why can working class Leave voters not see that it is very unlikely that multi-millionaires are very unlikely to be spending their money for thing that will benefit them?     

"Why can working class Leave voters not see that it is very unlikely that multi-millionaires are very unlikely to be spending their money for thing that will benefit them?"

The working class are very aware of this, which is one of the reasons (I suspect) why they voted leave. 

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought the vast majority of multi-millionaires supported remain?  The vast majority of the elite/big business/politicians and the like, certainly support remain!

Is the argument that only the rich supporting leave, are using tax avoidance schemes?

8 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"Why can working class Leave voters not see that it is very unlikely that multi-millionaires are very unlikely to be spending their money for thing that will benefit them?"

The working class are very aware of this, which is one of the reasons (I suspect) why they voted leave. 

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought the vast majority of multi-millionaires supported remain?  The vast majority of the elite/big business/politicians and the like, certainly support remain!

Is the argument that only the rich supporting leave, are using tax avoidance schemes?

Most people like stability, and I am sure that most billionaires are no different, although there are more than a few who have made their money from chaos so possibly they see it as in their interests to foment change.

That aside, whilst I don't think that there is an existential power struggle between the Trumpist billionaires and the globalist billionaires, I do believe that there are those who, for ideological reasons, see personal advantages in withdrawing from the EU - Rees Mogg has already spoken, for example, about abolishing tariffs and regulations around workers' rights.

As Tebee suggests, altruism as a justification for backing Brexit is a hard swallow. It is another form of lobbying - I believe that they are not looking for a better Britain for all, but for themselves.

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Most people like stability, and I am sure that most billionaires are no different, although there are more than a few who have made their money from chaos so possibly they see it as in their interests to foment change.

That aside, whilst I don't think that there is an existential power struggle between the Trumpist billionaires and the globalist billionaires, I do believe that there are those who, for ideological reasons, see personal advantages in withdrawing from the EU - Rees Mogg has already spoken, for example, about abolishing tariffs and regulations around workers' rights.

As Tebee suggests, altruism as a justification for backing Brexit is a hard swallow. It is another form of lobbying - I believe that they are not looking for a better Britain for all, but for themselves.

"As Tebee suggests, altruism as a justification for backing Brexit is a hard swallow. It is another form of lobbying - I believe that they are not looking for a better Britain for all, but for themselves."

Much like the vast majority of the wealthy/elite/politicians etc. supporting the remain cause....

Edit - and supported by other remainers as they are 'more knowledgeable/experts' etc. etc.....

The rich that rely on the financial system to make their money are by and large, behind Brexit. Chaos and disorder during change are good opportunities for making money by betting against things.

Those that run firms that actually make things or supply services to others are mostly against it as they know it's going to make their businesses poorer.

Those that tried to turn the workers against the people they described as elites, but who where mostly just middle class, are the real elites, but they've always been  good at turning worker against worker and diverting the blame away from themselves.

There is a quote which I can't quite remember, but goes something like this " the upper class only created the middle class so the lower class would have someone to blame if it all went wrong and give them time to escape"    

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

"As Tebee suggests, altruism as a justification for backing Brexit is a hard swallow. It is another form of lobbying - I believe that they are not looking for a better Britain for all, but for themselves."

Much like the vast majority of the wealthy/elite/politicians etc. supporting the remain cause....

Sure, but again, this goes back to (I assume) desiring stability, otherwise we are pawns caught up in some existential power struggle.

Just now, tebee said:

The rich that rely on the financial system to make their money are by and large, behind Brexit. Chaos and disorder during change are good opportunities for making money by betting against things.

Those that run firms that actually make things or supply services to others are mostly against it as they know it's going to make their businesses poorer.

Those that tried to turn the workers against the people they described as elites, but who where mostly just middle class, are the real elites, but they've always been  good at turning worker against worker and diverting the blame away from themselves.

There is a quote which I can't quite remember, but goes something like this " the upper class only created the middle class so the lower class would have someone to blame if it all went wrong and give them time to escape"    

"The rich that rely on the financial system to make their money are by and large, behind Brexit".

You seriously think that the banks (including shareholders/most highly paid employees etc.) support brexit?

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"The rich that rely on the financial system to make their money are by and large, behind Brexit".

You seriously think that the banks (including shareholders/most highly paid employees etc.) support brexit?

Not the Banks, but the venture capitalists who use them.

5 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

You just realised, how quaint ??

You, me and everyone like us are nothing more than useful idiots to collect taxes from.

What a difference a day makes - yesterday we were crazy for suggesting there has been a soft coup in our country; today you have gone into full tin foil hat mode.

14 minutes ago, tebee said:

What rubbish. Just ask George Soros. The rich want the EU so to have a one currency like the euro and total control, like what the EU is after. One world bank, one army, one regulatory body (essentially 1 Parliament) and one president who cant be voted out. Sort of a model that the EU has already but with more control and on a bigger scale. This is why they are desperate to stop brexit as it goes against the totalitarian methods they use and if brexit is a success then the other minions would follow. 

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

What rubbish. Just ask George Soros. The rich want the EU so to have a one currency like the euro and total control, like what the EU is after. One world bank, one army, one regulatory body (essentially 1 Parliament) and one president who cant be voted out. Sort of a model that the EU has already but with more control and on a bigger scale. This is why they are desperate to stop brexit as it goes against the totalitarian methods they use and if brexit is a success then the other minions would follow. 

The sad thing is leavers can’t believe the rest of the EU want the UK to remain for the UK's own sake as much as anything else.

5 minutes ago, tebee said:

The sad thing is leavers can’t believe the rest of the EU want the UK to remain for the UK's own sake as much as anything else.

No they don't, the French can't wait to get rid of us, why make things up?

1 minute ago, vogie said:

No they don't, the French can't wait to get rid of us, why make things up?

No France as always had a love/hate relationship with us - but now they think we have gone crazy, but they don't wish us any ill-will.

1 minute ago, tebee said:

Or just maybe the EU want us to remain to continue bankrolling the EU along with Germany to allow other countries who don't deserve or meet the economic requirements, to join and be ruled by eurocrats in Brussels. When will people start to realise. We have tried the EU and former EEC and it has not suited the UK. We have voted to leave. Deal with it. The EU organisation is not the saviour to the world.  I keep hearing the EU has faults, yes so many and it has more by the year.  It is a bully boys closed shop that erodes nationalities, cultures and punishes you if you try and make economic friends with others. 

The organisation stinks from the core and luckily so many people can see that. I don't care what happens to the EU after Brexit. It is up to the other countries to 'grow a pair' and be strong and vote out. that is if they are allowed Like Ireland and others have found out. 

Japan, China, Australia, USA all do OK outside this closed shop. Why can't the UK!

22 minutes ago, tebee said:

No France as always had a love/hate relationship with us - but now they think we have gone crazy, but they don't wish us any ill-will.

Why do they think we have gone crazy when Macron has openly admitted if the the French were offered a referendum on leaving the EU, they would probably vote leave.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

‘The rich’, like ‘the working class’, ‘like Labour/Tory voters’ are not a homogeneous mass.

That said it’s worth looking at the motives behind why individual members of the ‘rich’ support either Leave or Remain.

Dyson doesn’t like EU environmental regulations that limit the electively power of the devices he sells, he certainly doesn’t like tarrifs on importing those devices from where he makes them in Asia.

Tim Martin wants to import cheaper booze. Rees-Mogg’s hedge fund interests require markets to fluctuate in order to make profit, and has been exposed advising i his clients of ‘bets’ against the U.K. economy.

Aaron Banks has some serious questions to answer.

On the Remain side big business, especially those with a high reliance on the EU integrated market and supply chains are pro Remain.

But who needs big business, taxes, jobs or a healthy economy?

Archived