Put your cards on the table, EU makes last Brexit call to Britain

rooster59

1 minute ago, The Renegade said:

Still waiting for Osborne's & the IMF's economic 101.

The one that went '' immediate recession'' in the event of a leave vote. 

Stick to spinning webs, you should be better at that than trying to spin fear.

If we leave without a deal you will see an immediate recession.

16 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

The deaf, dumb and blind kids cannot hear, understand or see any of this ?

But they sure  play a mean pinball.

Just to lighten the mood a bit, but play it LOUDLY.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Spidey said:

If we leave without a deal you will see an immediate recession.

Ahhhh right I get it

I didn't happen as part of Project Fear so it will definitely happen when we leave ?

Well. for what it might be worth.

Another financial crash is looming, toss a coin between China or the EZ.

Which will also lead to an immediate recession.

Leaving or staying makes no odds, that recession you are hoping for is on its way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

Yes, I agree JRM would think like that.Truth is, it's about time TM told the people that by enacting Brexit in whatever shape or form is going to be detrimental to all UK citizens, and should be abandoned as a project that cannot work in favour of the UK in the short to medium term.

As a long term project, the government may need to warn the people that there will be an immediate and  huge disruption to the UK economy and business and that people will lose jobs as a result, and therefore could offer the people a vote to go ahead or not. Hopefully a generation of old pro-leaver codgers will have kicked the bucket by then.

This is a consequence of attempting to unravel over 40 years of EU membership - it just cannot be achieved without immense casualties across the whole spectrum of the UK. 

JRM would obviously think differently, sitting in his recent relocated business office in the EU - a total hypocrite, IMO.  

"Truth is, it's about time TM told the people that by enacting Brexit in whatever shape or form is going to be detrimental to all UK citizens, and should be abandoned as a project that cannot work in favour of the UK in the short to medium term.

As a long term project, the government may need to warn the people that there will be an immediate and  huge disruption to the UK economy and business and that people will lose jobs as a result"

The uk govt./remainers and 'experts' were saying this would be the case prior to the referendum, and in most cases they were saying 'immediately - in the event of a leave vote'....  Osborne's promised punishment budget springs to mind ?....

The voters recognised this as 'project fear' and disregarded it.  Why would they think differently now, bearing in mind that the immediate disaster predicted failed to occur?

45 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Who does listen to him, and how many of them actually understand him.

More accurately (?), how many uk citizens care about the opinion of any US president opining (sp?) on uk matters??!

Obama tried to influence the uk referendum vote, and clearly failed....

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

I didn't happen as part of Project Fear so it will definitely happen when we leave ?

Correct. Now you get it. Whew, you're hard work!

Project Fear was very badly presented, which is why the vote went through. The recession will kick in when we can no longer effectively trade with Europe. Currently, nothing has changed and we are trading with Europe under the same rules as before, therefore no recession....yet.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Correct. Now you get it. Whew, you're hard work!

Sarcasm not a strong point of spiders I see.?

Get your multiple legs around this and try to understand it.

28 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Well. for what it might be worth.

Another financial crash is looming, toss a coin between China or the EZ.

Which will also lead to an immediate recession.

Leaving or staying makes no odds, that recession you are hoping for is on its way.

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

OH I see. When I point out that my comment was a reply, that doesn't matter.

But when you do it, it's relevant.

Doublethink much?

It was a reply in the form of a simple question - which I answered. I don't care. Keep your dark secrets.

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The UK can still start from scratch and reach deals quicker than the EU can, even with a 10 year start.

So by that logic it will take us 10 years to get back to where we were. We will never get back to where we were with EZ countries....unless we rejoin the EU.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Spidey said:

No, just economics 101. See the chart that Teebee posted.

Also, days before the vote the polls suddenly showed Remain having a clear lead. The GBP rose 10% on the strength of that. When the result was announced, the GBP tanked by 30%. Remain = strong pound, Brexit = weak pound.

Any expats who rely on a strong stock market and a high value pound will have to consider packing their bags and going home if we leave with no deal. Quite a few have already. Maybe that's what you secretly want?

Get your sensational facts right, the GBP tanked but not by 30%, if it had it would have gone 1:1 v the USD.

9 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Sarcasm not a strong point of spiders I see.?

Get your multiple legs around this and try to understand it.

If a financial crash is looming (and I have my doubts about that) it will be all the deeper if we aren't in the EU.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

So by that logic it will take us 10 years to get back to where we were. We will never get back to where we were with EZ countries....unless we rejoin the EU.

No, by this logic it will take a lot less than 10 years (for the UK) to get a set of new deals with several countries that will benefit from them too. I'm talking about about trade deals. With anyone. Including the EU if they want one, which they will, once they have woken up to the fact that they miss us, our money and our business.

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Get your sensational facts right, the GBP tanked but not by 30%, if it had it would have gone 1:1 v the USD.

I was calculating from the brief 10% rise just before the vote plus the 20% fall just after the vote.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

If a financial crash is looming (and I have my doubts about that) it will be all the deeper if we aren't in the EU.

No, it will hit the EU, especially the Eurozone, harder.

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Just now, nauseus said:

No, it will hit the EU, especially the Eurozone, harder.

It's all crystal ball gazing and down to 'opinion'.

We have little idea (only opinion) as to whether yet another 'crash' will hurt the already low sterling rate, or the eu rate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I'm talking about about trade deals. With anyone. Including the EU if they want one, which they will, once they have woken up. 

And that's the point - at least from my perspective.

Neither the uk or eu have made any attempt at negotiating regarding future trade agreements.....

16 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Including the EU if they want one, which they will, once they have woken up to the fact that they miss us, our money and our business.

You won't get a deal that has parity with the current arrangement, if at all. The EU will continue to have a spiteful attitude towards the UK for us having the audacity to leave. It's played a big part in their negotiating stance. Don't forget, it's 27 v 1. The pain is 27 times greater for us than one EU nation. Try and play hardball with the EU and they can, and will, play a lot harder.

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 1

Just now, Spidey said:

You won't get a deal that has parity with the current arrangement, if at all. The EU will continue to have a spiteful attitude towards the UK for us having the audacity to leave. It's played a big part in their negotiating stance. Don't forget, it's 27 v 1. The pain is 27 times as great for us than one EU nation. Try and play hardball with the EU and they can, and will, play a lot harder.

"Don't forget, it's 27 v 1. The pain is 27 times as great for us than one EU nation"

Sadly, I've no doubt that you believe that nonsense.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"Don't forget, it's 27 v 1. The pain is 27 times as great for us than one EU nation"

Name one country in the EU that would suffer a greater loss by not having a trade deal with the UK, than we would by not having a trade deal with any of the 27 EU countries. We've got a lot more to lose than any one EU country. Maths 101.

Edited by Spidey

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

OK maybe not 27 times.

But the most damage (after the UK) will be for Ireland, The Netherlands, Belgium and France. Not a very smart move to upset your nearest neighbours most......

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Only remainers are screaming about this. Most people understand that there is not going to be '' parity '' However, that is no excuse for allowing the EU to walk all over you.

At long last. Someone, other than a Leaver has the b@lls and honesty to point this out.

Now why would you want to stay in a club like that ?

It has been the only part of their negotiation stance.

Which is why it is now time to tell them, in language that they understand, out means out and WTO rules apply from 29 March 2019.

Your whole argument smacks of cutting your nose off to spite your face. You're happy for the British working classes to suffer a lifetime of pain so that you can stick 2 fingers up to the EU? Well, someone as selfish as you probably would, but I don't think that you are in a majority in the UK, thankfully.

• Like 1