Chiang Rai: Rescuers make progress on day seven

rooster59

1 minute ago, neeray said:

No effort at being nasty here but my guess is that we have all seen the shoe picture. Hopefully the shoes are another clue, but it is also possible that the shoe positioning is coincidental.

Each shoe was of a different type and colour arranged in the shape of an arrow. Do you think that was coincidental? 

When people take their shoes of they usually lay them side by side in a pair 

43 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Actually Vern from the UK maybe correct that the boys took the path to the right. It said it was a 750 meter crawl to the bigger chamber. It was at this intersection were they found shoes/backpacks. It would make sense then this is were they would leave their things before starting the crawl and maybe they had never been this way before so that may have been a factor see some place new. The other issue is they were likely at this point around 2pm and that left little time to go and return to Pattaya beach which is 3X as far. Seems they have enough experts and even though multi-tasking is not practiced here that they could also head to that chamber before it is too late.

Maybe

As I mentioned in another thread " was there anything stopping them from going to the right "

That was before I knew there was a 750 mtr crawl involved 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Julie H said:

Each shoe was of a different type and colour arranged in the shape of an arrow. Do you think that was coincidental? 

Which way were the shoes pointing, the left towards Pattaya beach or the path to the right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BEVUP said:

Maybe

As I mentioned in another thread " was there anything stopping them from going to the right "

That was before I knew there was a 750 mtr crawl involved 

Two points. A 750 meter crawl to kids equals fun. Second if you where going to crawl you would leave shoes and especially backpacks behind right before the crawl began. Why would you just remove these items in the middle of a route. Reported these were found at the Y in the path.

18 minutes ago, Julie H said:

Could you please post a link/photo?

16 hours ago, stevenl said:

I think he was cynical towards an armchair detective, who thinks he is smarter than the people involved in the rescue.

Nice to learn that they did consider it!!!!!!!!!?

5 minutes ago, wcoast said:

I've seen the sandals picture, they are are arranged pointing. Sorry no links

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

This is the only picture I can find - certainly appears to be deliberately arranged, but I've no idea which direction is indicated. It was my understanding that the sandals were found well before the left/right junction, but I could be wrong.

Sandals.jpg.1fc76c3feae1f75805e50cb946b7ba3b.jpg

12 minutes ago, BangkokSausage said:

Thais get criticism from bar stool search and rescue teams here but the international teams have done absolutely nothing!

The international teams are there to assist, they will expect there to be a coordinated command center, not the circus this has deteriorated into!

There is talk of "Vern" wandering off on his own, that is not a well run rescue mission!

10 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

This is the only picture I can find - certainly appears to be deliberately arranged, but I've no idea which direction is indicated. It was my understanding that the sandals were found well before the left/right junction, but I could be wrong.

Sandals.jpg.1fc76c3feae1f75805e50cb946b7ba3b.jpg

humans like to see patterns in everything,  looks  like nothing to me

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, CGW said:

Kind of off topic, but I'm sure you will find that GPS works of the numerous cell towers that are everywhere.

That is using the cross bearing method between several (minimum 2) cell towers.

Whereas the Global Positioning System is based on satellites.

The international teams are there to assist, they will expect there to be a coordinated command center, not the circus this has deteriorated into!
There is talk of "Vern" wandering off on his own, that is not a well run rescue mission!
What makes you think they would not advise or take over the command center?

That's probably the most important thing.
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Julie H said:

Completely coincidental, 26 shoes available, why only use 4?

5 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Is Vern an ex-pat lving there? Perhaps with some knowledge he is thinking "outside the square"?

I think not. However he was in the group that carried out a survey in 2014 of the 'Monks' section of the cave to which I presume people are referring to.

2014.JPG

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Why is no one discussing the obvious. The diagnostic information of the infra-red equipment? 

There are two ends of the spectrum. The equipment is inadequate and , therefore, trying to secure more advanced tech elsewhere if it even exists...

or

The equipment is sufficient and it reports no movement/activity at Pattaya beach. Nothing as been reported to the media either way....

All that has been reported/said is they are trying to reach Pattaya beach and hope to find them there. And that is based on what? evidence which they are not sharing with the public, forecasting scenarios  or a wing and a prayer?

Why do you believe that they should share the evidence that they do have with the public? With the families I can accept but the public at large? What can the public at large do?

1 hour ago, JAZZDOG said:

Which way were the shoes pointing, the left towards Pattaya beach or the path to the right?

Now why and for whom would someone leave shoes in the shape of an arrow. Perhaps over-analysing?

1 hour ago, BangkokSausage said:

Thais get criticism from bar stool search and rescue teams here but the international teams have done absolutely nothing!
Where are the boys? Result is zero zip nada!!!

How do you KNOW that the international teams have done nothing? Are you on the site and have you spoken to anyone there? Do you have any links or REAL information? Or did you get that information from the guy on the next bar stool.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kannot said:

humans like to see patterns in everything,  looks  like nothing to me

Have to agree, if someone was arranging flip-flops in the shpe of an arrow, this doesn't seem to me to be the way they would do it. In any event, laying breadcrumbs after a flooded passage has been traversed makes sense, but why would they do it here?

I agree, I don't think  there is anything useful here.

35 minutes ago, BangkokSausage said:

What makes you think they would not advise or take over the command center?

That would possibly be the wisest action - but - it simply wouldn't be allowed due to protocol & possible future litigation, look how people on here are condemning already, wait for the aftermath, if it sells advertisements the press will slaughter any & all in the postmortem period.

Hopefully their advice is being used constructively , but in the absence of a functioning "command" center who knows?

2 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Now why and for whom would someone leave shoes in the shape of an arrow. Perhaps over-analysing?

Seeing as it is a major fork in the cave system and that's where they probably made their decision which way to go to escape the rising water it would seem obvious why they would want to do that and who it would be for.  Do you really need to ask that?

Having said that I am not sure if it was deliberate or random.

14 hours ago, khunPer said:

My lovely girlfriend just said that she learned from Thai news, that the rescue teams has heard the kids in the cave, and will not wait for the water level to lower further, but continue to where the kids are, as it very close to the divers.

Has anybody else heard something like that; i.e. can verify..?

I heard that amongst the Thais there is a media blackout. The team were found and drugs were found. Seems really far fetched. And certainly just gossip. But the Thais and myself do seem to think something is going on that's not in the media. 

• Sad 2