Chinese boy, 4, critical after being pulled from Naka Yai Island hotel pool

rooster59

Chinese boy, 4, critical after being pulled from Naka Yai Island hotel pool 

Eakkapop Thongtub

image.jpg

Yide, 4, was initially taken to Thalang Hospitals by officers from Pa Khlok Municipality. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A 4-year-old Chinese boy is in a critical condition at Vachira Phuket Hospital after being rescued from drowning at a hotel swimming pool on Naka Yai Island today.

Capt Ekkachai Siri of the Phuket Tourist Police was notified of the incident by officers from Pa Khlok Municipality at 9am today (June 30).

Investigating officers went to Thalang Hospital, where the boy, named as Yide Zhang, was initially taken, to speak with family members and staff from the hotel who had also accompanied the family to hospital.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-boy-4-critical-after-being-pulled-from-naka-yai-island-hotel-pool-67707.php#UpgKIkKcu8hoFUoI.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-06-30

2 hours ago, DoctorG said:

I am going to guess that there was no child-proof fencing around the pool.

Think you're right.

The hotel manager told police that Yide came out of his room at about 8am and went to play in the pool

5 hours ago, DoctorG said:

So, you blame the hotel, how many, hotels/resorts, have child proof fencing... I point the blame at the parents.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Fence?? Where were the parents???

Or do you think it's normal to let a 4 year old go out and play by himself?

I wouldn't let my 8 year old son go swimming alone, eventhough he can swim. It's all about parenting.

41 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I can't recall seeing any hotel pools fenced off in Asia.

It's a very Australian thing to try to legislate safety everywhere someone perceives a risk. But what about all the rivers, canals, lakes, ponds, bathtubs or oceans where a child might drown? Do you put a fence around everything? What about the roads?

It's a parents job to succor, train, teach or supervise their children through their early years of life.

Most likely they put the fence (as in the US) there to not get any lawsuit in case accidents happen.

Of course the parents should supervise the kid indeed.