The British heroes who were the first to find Thai boys missing in Tham Luang cave

webfact

16 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

And would the ever-so-proud-facers called for help immediately rather than days later the ordeal might have been shortened. 

They did get the Brits in very quick before others arrived.

4 minutes ago, grollies said:

Nobody is mentioning big Vern in all this but I don't suppose he cares as long as the team has done their job. But, well done anyway mate, kudos to the Thais and all other nationalities that responded in reaching these kids. We're having a little celebration tonight.

Word is Vern went off on his own looking for other entrances on the surface and in opposite direction to search teams 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, kannot said:

British to the last ?

The BBC reports that the South and Mid Wales Cave Rescue Team have declined to comment on the rescue, while the British Cave Rescue Council, a representative body for cave rescuers in the UK said it does not name rescuers it sends to operations to "allow them to get on with their difficult task without distraction".

D.png.1b6a49b8ace4726b62f70685778a408d.p    duanebigsby has replied    Show Reply

32 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

If you read some of the foreign news reports, the Brits were first through and they had ropes behind them, to get the Thai SEALS through to the destination. One of these guys is said to be the premier rescue cave diver within Europe, with decades of experience in this type of operation and has bravery medals received already.

Congratulations to all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I presume you are replying to Sydebolle not me as you are expanding on my reply.

Edited by chang1

3 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

I'm unaware of any US seals involved in this rescue.  The US team were in charge of other aspects, such as technological site surveys and advising for the drillers, and were not seals--unless I am still in the dark about things.

If they were involved with technological site surveys and advising for the drillers, they were part of the effort.

The effort covered some things that may not have been used, but were none the less part of the rescue plans.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, grollies said:

I think you'll find Vern was an integral part of the rescue effort and still is.

Don't forget that they still have to get the kids and coach out so Vern is probably using his knowledge of tbe area with locals knowledgeable of the area to look for other routes into the cave system.

He's not Billy-no-mates, off on his own. This is a Thai-led operation with expert assistance from many other countries.

On Thai television news today I saw a picture of him smiling. Looked about 10 years younger than in the news interview last Tuesday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Julie H said:

Lets not get too self righteous guys. We have already enough ugliness from lonely, isolated, bitter fellow expatriates throughout the last week 

I guess some people can't take a joke....

• Like 1