The British heroes who were the first to find Thai boys missing in Tham Luang cave

webfact

Great team effort by all those involved in finding the kids

i don't think the Brit divers will consider themselves heroes

its all part of the job  getting a successful outcome led by professionals 

This includes everyone who took part in this rescue 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

Well done UK heroes.

no doubt there will be more former UK rescue cave divers than SAS and MI6/CIA agents talking sh*t in Pattaya bars from now on. :cheesy:

The American accent will be the clue that they're bullshitting.

First: Thanks to the Brit divers and ALL of the other divers and helpers for their selfless and heroic efforts.

Second: The article about these Brits on Bangkokjack.com was written by a writter who somehow has portrayed them as the lone heroes to save the day when they were just the lucky ones out of so many other heroic divers to pop up from under the water and to be the first to see the boys. Hate that website for the drivel they spew as news. But I suppose there isn't anything else that can I expect from a Brit with a highly overvalued sense of worth and self importance with 18 books about subjects that most people could care less.

Are some areas of Thailand having internet connection problems today?

A few very vocal members are conspicuous by their absense today.

When the wife comes home my new cross of St George flag will be up on the balcony, in salute to the brave Brits who found the boys.

The strength then children have shown is unbelievable. They should be running the country when they are old enough. Unbelievable strength shown by them.

You have to admire them

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

When the wife comes home my new cross of St George flag will be up on the balcony, in salute to the brave Brits who found the boys.

I wonder how much humble pie will be eaten along with some hats as a dessert. I don't think that there will any apologies for getting it 100% wrong though

Very instrumental to the finding of the boys were the unique and groundbreaking communication equipment worth 100,000 US$ donated to the Thai rescue team by an Israel hiTec company maxtech networks, that has made communication in those difficult terrains possible to get the job done...

3 hours ago, CGW said:

I reckon there are quite a few who need to take a day off and consider how little there negativity contributed over the past week :shock1:

Notable silence from some today, nice respite! ? 

baa, baa , baa, , haven't heard from kiwi

15 minutes ago, JimInPattaya said:

First: Thanks to the Brit divers and ALL of the other divers and helpers for their selfless and heroic efforts.

Second: The article about these Brits on Bangkokjack.com was written by a writter who somehow has portrayed them as the lone heroes to save the day when they were just the lucky ones out of so many other heroic divers to pop up from under the water and to be the first to see the boys. Hate that website for the drivel they spew as news. But I suppose there isn't anything else that can I expect from a Brit with a highly overvalued sense of worth and self importance with 18 books about subjects that most people could care less.

the most experienced drivers were leading the way. supported by many but they were the logical choice. no time for on the job training for less experienced divers with little cave experience trying to move forward. 

well done UK heroes.

13 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Today , as I am an AUSSIE , I will stop with the pommy jokes ..oops I mean English .. My hat goes off to them , these men are heroes not just here but all around the world they have helped men in trouble..

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

It does not matter who found them first, they were found safely due to all those involved in the rescue work. no matter what their nationality is, and Thailand owes them all a big thanks, and knowing the ordinary Thai people as I do, they will be greatful to all these people responsible for these boys and their coach for being found safe and well.

Why do I suspect that if they were Irish or Scottish it may have mattered quite a bit.

7 hours ago, kevvy said:

My hat goes off to them , these men are heroes not just here but all around the world they have helped men in trouble..

And I hope that the Thai government suitably acknowledges and rewards them.......:thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, JimInPattaya said:

Second: The article about these Brits on Bangkokjack.com was written by a writter who somehow has portrayed them as the lone heroes to save the day when they were just the lucky ones out of so many other heroic divera to pop up from under the water and to be the first to see the boys. Hate that website for the drivel they spew as news. But I suppose there isn't anything else that can I expect from a Brit with a highly overvalued sense of worth and self importance with 18 books about subjects that most people could care less.

Just the lucky ones??? I have not read that article but all the information I have seen does indeed make them out to be far and away the most qualified of the rescuers. They were underestimated by a few here when they arrived and even now some refuse to believe the facts.

So happy to boys are safe and with a glint of pride these British guys were first to see them, but with the knowledge they are only a small part of a massive team from all over the globe who made this happen. I take my hat off to all of these divers involved in this, personally I am amazed they can fit through any passage as their testicles must be absolutely massive.

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

Thais could learn many things from all the Farangs.

But no.

Maybe they will file this experience in the back of their heads and stop and listen for a change.

Forget it, they did not learn anything from the Tsunami years ago, why should they start to learn now.

28 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I wonder how much humble pie will be eaten along with some hats as a dessert. I don't think that there will any apologies for getting it 100% wrong though

Why not name some names, who was it who said that only the US Navy.Seals would be competent to achieve anything. Then how did he describe the UK volunteers, I forget the exact.words but it was.sneering and uncomplimentary.

15 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

the most experienced drivers were leading the way. supported by many but they were the logical choice. no time for on the job training for less experienced divers with little cave experience trying to move forward. 

Which points to good leadership, which many & I include myself in that number, doubted was in place. I can't help but think this is where the "outside help" was invaluable & commendable that they were allowed to influence a big decision.

Excellent news and hats off to these brave, brave divers and to all involved. They deserve all the credit that will come their way. I feared the worst after 10 days. They must be a thoroughly parched / starving hungry and very tired group, but well done to them, they survived this ordeal. Tough little lads (and coach). 

These Brits make me feel very proud.
No ‘Thainess’. They had a job to do with minimum of fuss & advertising. I hear they have already been to ‘Buck House’ to get bravery awards. Hope they get a knighthood!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was made possible because it was huge TEAM effort!

The Brit divers did not jump up to proclaim themselves as heroes. It was Bangkokjack and the MI6 wannabe crowd on ThaiVisa that want to grab the glory.

Archived