Converting Tourist Visa To Non-immig B

I understand the visa regulations have changed considerably recently so any advice on the following question would be much appreciated.

I am currently in thailand on a multiple entry tourist visa. I have been offered a job in Thailand. I understand that I therefore need to get a non-immig B visa and then a work permit. My question is can I get the non-immig B visa (ie effectively convert my tourist visa to a non-immig B visa) without leaving Thailand? If so how do I do it?

Many thanks

Lucky

I understand the visa regulations have changed considerably recently so any advice on the following question would be much appreciated.

I am currently in thailand on a multiple entry tourist visa. I have been offered a job in Thailand. I understand that I therefore need to get a non-immig B visa and then a work permit. My question is can I get the non-immig B visa (ie effectively convert my tourist visa to a non-immig B visa) without leaving Thailand? If so how do I do it?

Many thanks

Lucky

List of documents required to change from tourist a Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B”

1. Application Form visa status alteration (TM 86)

2. A signed photocopy of the foreign application’s passport

3. An Immigration Division document which provides the details of the employing company

4. A original copy of your diploma. ( If you are Asian or it is another language other than English, than a copy must be notorized by the Embassy and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs)

5. A photocopy of the company affidavit, provided by the Ministry of Commerce within the past 6 months and a photocopy of the company certificate

6. A photocopy of the employing company’s Shareholders’ List, provided by the Ministry of Commerce within 6 months.

7. A photocopy of the previous year’s balance sheet an in come statement (showing a sound financial condition with total shareholder’s equity of not less than Baht 1 million. The audit must also have higher gross turnover in the previous year than the upcoming years expense for the salaries of the foreign employees )

8. A photocopy of the employing company’s monthly personal income tax return for the previous month for all employees including foreign employees with receipt.( must have 4 Thai employees per work permit with a minimum salary of 5,250 Baht per month)

9. A photocopy of the foreigner applicant’s past year’s annual personal income tax return with receipt

10. A photocopy of the previous months’ Social Security Fund return for all employees (Sor.Por.Sor 1-10)

11. A letter or Documents from the employing company’s management explaining why the company needs to employ a foreigner rather than a Thai national to fill the position held in the employing by the foreigner

12. A location Map of the employing company’s offices

13. 4 x 6 cm photograph

14. Application fee of 2,000 Baht

15.Company letter requesting for Visa or Visa Status alteration.

16. A letter or any other documentation requested by the Immigration Committee.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Many thanks

Lucky

List of documents required to change from tourist a Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B”

3. An Immigration Division document which provides the details of the employing company

4. A original copy of your diploma. ( If you are Asian or it is another language other than English, than a copy must be notorized by the Embassy and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs)

5. A photocopy of the company affidavit, provided by the Ministry of Commerce within the past 6 months and a photocopy of the company certificate

6. A photocopy of the employing company’s Shareholders’ List, provided by the Ministry of Commerce within 6 months.

7. A photocopy of the previous year’s balance sheet an in come statement (showing a sound financial condition with total shareholder’s equity of not less than Baht 1 million. The audit must also have higher gross turnover in the previous year than the upcoming years expense for the salaries of the foreign employees )

8. A photocopy of the employing company’s monthly personal income tax return for the previous month for all employees including foreign employees with receipt.( must have 4 Thai employees per work permit with a minimum salary of 5,250 Baht per month)

9. A photocopy of the foreigner applicant’s past year’s annual personal income tax return with receipt

10. A photocopy of the previous months’ Social Security Fund return for all employees (Sor.Por.Sor 1-10)

11. A letter or Documents from the employing company’s management explaining why the company needs to employ a foreigner rather than a Thai national to fill the position held in the employing by the foreigner

13. 4 x 6 cm photograph

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Many thanks sunbelt - do I just have to rock up with these to the immigration centre in Sathorn and will it be straightforward? I assume by doing this I don't need to leave the country to 'activiate' the non-immig B visa? Is that correct? many thanks once again. Lucky

Many thanks

Lucky

13. 4 x 6 cm photograph

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Many thanks sunbelt - do I just have to rock up with these to the immigration centre in Sathorn and will it be straightforward? I assume by doing this I don't need to leave the country to 'activiate' the non-immig B visa? Is that correct? many thanks once again. Lucky

Nothing is straightforward when switching to a non "B" inside Thailand.

You will need at least 21 days left on your visa or visa exemption stamp to do the change. The reason why is not only does Immigration have to approve it, the labor Dept has to as well with this class of visa.

If you would like professional help. Our professional help is 3,900 Baht plus 7% Vat.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Many thanks

Lucky

13. 4 x 6 cm photograph

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Nothing is straightforward when switching to a non "B" inside Thailand.

You will need at least 21 days left on your visa or visa exemption stamp to do the change. The reason why is not only does Immigration have to approve it, the labor Dept has to as well with this class of visa.

If you would like professional help. Our professional help is 3,900 Baht plus 7% Vat.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Many thanks once again for a very helpful reply. Much appreciated.

Lucky

I had only one day left on my turist visa, but it was converted to non b.I suppose it is up to the officer. I was just lucky

That is so. If the officer does not like your face, he can send you packing, but I have seen no report so far that he did. We seem to be a polite bunch of people, causing no offence to immigration officials, which is good, I should think. And it speaks well of the immigration officials, too, doesn’t it?

In another topic I saw somebody – I believe Lopburi – saying that 21 remaining days of the permitted stay were required for the change from a visa-exempt entry to non-immigrant visa status. In this topic, Sunbelt mentions this 21-day period for conversion from tourist visa to non-immigrant status. The fact is that I have never seen anything official, i.e. in writing or on the immigration website, about such requirement. If there is an Interntet link to such requirement I would like to have it so that I may add it to my list of “Thai Immigration Laws, Regulations, Police Orders, Links to official documents

--

Maestro

I had only one day left on my turist visa, but it was converted to non b.I suppose it is up to the officer. I was just lucky

That is so. If the officer does not like your face, he can send you packing, but I have seen no report so far that he did. We seem to be a polite bunch of people, causing no offence to immigration officials, which is good, I should think. And it speaks well of the immigration officials, too, doesn’t it?

In another topic I saw somebody – I believe Lopburi – saying that 21 remaining days of the permitted stay were required for the change from a visa-exempt entry to non-immigrant visa status. In this topic, Sunbelt mentions this 21-day period for conversion from tourist visa to non-immigrant status. The fact is that I have never seen anything official, i.e. in writing or on the immigration website, about such requirement. If there is an Interntet link to such requirement I would like to have it so that I may add it to my list of “Thai Immigration Laws, Regulations, Police Orders, Links to official documents

--

Maestro

Would you recommend this course as a normal plan of action or is it easier in most cases to leave the country for the Non-Imm-O?

If it was the former why wouldn't people do that rather than need to go to Lao/Singapore etc.?

In another topic I saw somebody – I believe Lopburi – saying that 21 remaining days of the permitted stay were required for the change from a visa-exempt entry to non-immigrant visa status. In this topic, Sunbelt mentions this 21-day period for conversion from tourist visa to non-immigrant status. The fact is that I have never seen anything official, i.e. in writing or on the immigration website, about such requirement. If there is an Interntet link to such requirement I would like to have it so that I may add it to my list of “Thai Immigration Laws,

post-2725-1170671157_thumb.jpg

See the above ( 21 days) Notice the listed requirements to change are much easier than the extension of stay. However you still will need the extension of stay requirements to extend. Most officers would prefer you go with the extension of stay rules to change rather than the old rules for change which have not been updated yet. (Their discretion) Hence you have the real World rules versus the old rules.

Your company must have met the criteria of the One Stop Center ( BOI).

Otherwise it is almost impossible to get done in one day as the Labor dept must sign off on the approval as well.( They take 10-12 days)

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com