Reporting change of address in Pattaya

I have moved on the first of this month but my landlord has not given me a rental contract yet so I've been unable to change my address. When my landlord gives me the contract tommorow and I report my change of address at jomtien immigration, are they going to fine me 300 baht per day from the first? 

Obviously the law is within 24 hours but do they grant any leeway for this? I will pass the fine onto my landlord as it's his fault.

• Haha 1

How would they know the date you moved? Even if you stated it correctly as 1 July, you are only a few days over. I think the chance of a fine for this is very low to nil. It is not my experience at Pattaya.

Where did you get 300 Baht per day from?

19 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

How would they know the date you moved? Even if you stated it correctly as 1 July, you are only a few days over. I think the chance of a fine for this is very low to nil. It is not my experience at Pattaya.

Where did you get 300 Baht per day from?

I was fined for that in jomtien awhile ago. I think it's 300 per day until it reaches a 2,000 baht fine. It will be within a few days but technically it needs to be done within 24 hours (?). I guess they can fine me for that if they feel like it.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JohnJay said:

I was fined for that in jomtien awhile ago. I think it's 300 per day until it reaches a 2,000 baht fine. It will be within a few days but technically it needs to be done within 24 hours (?). I guess they can fine me for that if they feel like it.

Why are you asking a question you seem to already know the answer?

Maybe explain it to your landlord and have him post date the contract.  Unless you think that is criminal but I doubt immigration cares less.

• Like 1

I paid 1600 Baht fine for failure to change my address when applying for married visa renewal. Maximum 2000 - (1600 was just plucked from the air it would seem)

The fine is actually aimed at the owner of the property you occupy for failing to report you are living in it.  See attached from Jomtien immigration.

Report address.pdf

• Haha 1

I know Mahasarakham Immigration is getting into this 'scam'. Everyone who has gone for a marriage or retirement extension in recent months has been told they must pay a 2000 Baht fine for not notifying their address within 24 hours of returning home from overseas, or even from a local holiday when the hotel owner filled out a form for their temporary occupancy.

Of course, most of us don't bother noting we have been married and living at the one residence for years, and that we confirm the address every time we do a 90 day report.

One bloke refused to pay the fine and most others had their missus negotiate it down to 500 or 1000 Baht. No receipts have been given.

If the situation is explained and on the up and up I think Immigration 

will listen. At least Udon Thani have been straight forward when I’ve 

visited. 

If you buck the system and they catch on they’d probably be some grief. 

I don’t mind the 90 day report. It’s a good reason to go to the BIG city.

You can be found out at visa extension time if you have traveled or moved.
Any travel, especially out of country or out of province requires you reporting your address again.
If you've been reported at a guesthouse or have crossed a border, the computers show if you've reported since.
Some Immigration offices are getting really fussy about it.
I think they said recently that they were developing a central database but they haven't yet. The time they mentioned was 6 months till they have one but Thai time can be fluid. In the meantime I dont think they can cross reference someone being reported staying at a guesthouse when the same person returns home. The girl in the office where you report has a laptop but have never seen her referencing it when have been waiting in the queue. Seems a very liquid system at present. I just told her last time I had been staying somewhere a long way from an immigration office and I went to the local police to report and they weren't interested. No fine.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chrisdoc said:

I think they said recently that they were developing a central database but they haven't yet. The time they mentioned was 6 months till they have one but Thai time can be fluid. In the meantime I dont think they can cross reference someone being reported staying at a guesthouse when the same person returns home. The girl in the office where you report has a laptop but have never seen her referencing it when have been waiting in the queue. Seems a very liquid system at present. I just told her last time I had been staying somewhere a long way from an immigration office and I went to the local police to report and they weren't interested. No fine.

Immigration knew exactly where I had been on the computer screen.

They knew I hadn't reported. They didn't fine me but gave me a lecture.

• Haha 1

If you have previously reported TM-30 or your landlord had, I would not expect much trouble. Once they see the previous TM-30, which is stapled in your passport, they are usually very friendly. Just tell them you changed your room and would like to let them know. I think the same goes for the 90 days-reporting, which you could do at the same time, with change of address. They seem very friendly and helpful. Yes, bring some kind of proof of address, or a letter / contract  from your landlord, confirming your address. Good luck.  MS>

Immigration knew exactly where I had been on the computer screen.
They knew I hadn't reported. They didn't fine me but gave me a lecture.
At Jomtien she didn't bother looking. Accepted my story about reporting to the police with no questions. I was no 5 in the queue. She fined 3 out of 4 before me.