Foreign volunteers make crucial contribution towards mission

webfact

I am absolutely certain that the real experts are looking at every single option to get the boys and their coach out as safely as is humanely possible, they will be consulting with those that have actually been in to the cave system, crawled and dived to reach the boys.

Unless they do manage to find another opening or an ingenious method, then right now the only feasible (safest) ways appear to be to pump the water out to a level that can be waded through, or wait until the water levels recede to this.

What is the unknown, is once the rains start in earnest, does the whole system fill with water, or do parts remain without water.

As there has been reported currents in the water and one assumes that the current flows down towards the entrance, then I do wonder if a possible solution, or even if it is feasible, could be to try to go further in to the cave system, beyond where the boys are now and see if it possible to temporarily stem or significantly slow down the flow of water coming downwards, this would at least give them half a chance to pump out enough water from where the boys are now to the entrance, how on earth they would achieve this I really do not know.

Edited by Mattd
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

Like this. 

An inflatable tube would be very flexible. 

The kids will love it. 

It's so simple. 

They could slide through very fast and a camera on a helmet could monitor them the whole way. 

Think out of the box. 

images (1).jpeg

Any idea what the buoyancy of such a tube is when empty? Lets give them a 1m diameter tube.  The ends are sealed. It has 785kg of buoyancy per linear meter.  So no diver will be able to pull a 10m, 20m, any length underwater for any distance down, up no problem aside from it ascending uncontrollably.  If you fill it with water, it essentially collapses, it may stay somewhat open, but it will be very easy to get stuck in it.  If you can pump the water out, it has an enormous amount of buoyancy trying to get to the highest side, it is out of control and you don't want people in such a death trap.  Keep on thinking!   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JAG said:

It is an ingenious idea. Is it feasible? I don't know, nor I suspect do you "Formaleins". It may well be one of the schemes being considered, Ben Robitaille may have had an idea which will light a spark, and is presenting it in the only way he knows.  I don't know, neither do you. What I do know is that to sneer at an idea, in the way that you have done, is really very churlish, and the very antithesis of the spirit of co-operation which has made this rescue possible, and so remarkable.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

INTERNATIONAL volunteers have made a huge contribution

How about the government give them each 10-year visas with no annual renewals and/or a cash contribution to their nonprofit organization? A "Thanks" doesn't pay the bills.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Xonax said:

Build a capsule with air tanks and drag them out with an attached wire one by one.

Billedresultat for human capsule

I believe on some places not enough space to fit threw with such thing. ?

• Like 1