Foreign volunteers make crucial contribution towards mission

webfact

10 hours ago, Artisi said:

yep, just 3 ordinary looking guys you could pass in the street and not ever give them a second glance ----  it's probably how they like it anyway.  

Well done guys, fantastic effort, have a pint or two of the best when you get home - I would like to be there to pay for the round,  also trust that they are given the applause they deserve direct from the top in Thailand.  

When they get back, Yingluck should invite them over for dinner and give them a hug.

7 hours ago, happy chappie said:

How about the head line....thank god for these foreigners because we would of never found them.i doubt very much if the Thai navy seals have a clue about cave diving.

Well I doubt if their is a reservoir of knowledge and expertise in rescues from flooded cave systems anywhere except for those few experts who came to help.

SEALs is an acronym for sea, air and land, not sea land and underground. SLUGs would carry certain image problems - I doubt whether a film featuring Demi Moore doing press-ups in the mud, her chest adorned with a tee shirt announcing that she was a slug, would be of much interest outside of "fringe circles"!

The Thai Navy have had a crash course, and done very well.

6 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Do you think any of the Thai seals have yet managed to get as far to reach the boys,I doubt it as they would be just another problem.one thing I do know is they done the right thing by getting the right people in for the job.

News video this morning shows a Thai Navy diver looking after the trapped boys.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:32 AM, coulson said:

Magnificent effort by such a wide demographic. 

Shame this acknowledgement won't come from officialdom, just the press.

Yes, The official Thailand will take all the credit themselves.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dallen52 said:

I think this sums it up pretty well. 

Humble and not seeking accolades from anyone. 

They flew in, did what they do best, and flew out again. 

Very special people with a special skillset that saves lives all over the world. 

I  salute you..

Screenshot_20180704-132243_Facebook.jpg

I think only one has gone back. This picture is Heathrow where TG provided business class tickets for the trip to Thailand on TG910 on 26 June.

Edited by pontious
add

31 minutes ago, JAG said:

I doubt whether a film featuring Demi Moore doing press-ups in the mud, her chest adorned with a tee shirt announcing that she was a slug, would be of much interest outside of "fringe circles"!

I'm interested. What's the film called? 

• Haha 2

I had a friend who could nearly always con the Thai girls working in the bars, he would joke that he could read palms, then tell them that they were once married with children and the husband ran away with another girl, the amount of times they would be aghast and say "how you can know................"

Simple things as they say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/4/2018 at 10:56 AM, possum1931 said:

How disgraceful, I never knew about that until this incident. I hope all the westerners in Thailand start to realise just what a lot of Thai officialdom is really like.

I think most of them know after a few encounters with them here. To be fair, in the immediate aftermath of the tsunami there was an incredible spirit of cooperation, both local and international. It was only later in the protracted operation that the work permit issue came up, along with other ugly stories of what happened to donations etc. 

On 7/4/2018 at 11:15 AM, greenchair said:

He doesnt  mean exactly that type. His intention is to show something like that. Of course it would need to be quickly designed in a style that would be suitable to their conditions. 

People are just putting forward ideas that might spark another better idea. Their intentions are to help in their own small way. They and I shouldn't be belittled because of offering an idea. 

You write what you think

Others write what they think

And i write what I think. ??

3 hours ago, ALFREDO said:

You write what you think

Others write what they think

And i write what I think. ??

That's what I said. 

Everyone has that right. 

You don't write what you think, you write what you feel other people shouldn't write. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

I think most of them know after a few encounters with them here. To be fair, in the immediate aftermath of the tsunami there was an incredible spirit of cooperation, both local and international. It was only later in the protracted operation that the work permit issue came up, along with other ugly stories of what happened to donations etc. 

Although I had been to Thailand quite a few times before the Tsunami happened, it was the year after that I came to Thailand to stay, and it took me years before I began to realise what Thai officialdom was really like.

It took a very nasty Thai IO about five years ago when I did a what should have been a formality doing a 90 day report, for my retirement exts to realise just how bad some of them can be.

I was accused of having a 25 day overstay, and questioned about my wifes work.

• Like 1