Water pressure / hot water

Problem: for some reason, despite heavy rains, we often have too little water pressure (or even no water pressure) to make the water heaters work.

When I arrived here 6 years ago I demolished the dysfunctional water tower as we had excellent pressure. 

So alternative 1: (I think): buy an electric water boiler, 100 litres, would that give me sufficient hot water pressure to at least get a shower?

If so would I be advised to reinstall a rain water tank with pump? So that would be electric boiler + water tank.

Alternative 2: I believe I can buy a pump that works similar to a pressure washer, any point if There is sometimes no water...?

Alternative 3: Install a water tank and have instant water heaters at the three places that I need hot water in? Presumably this would also involve a pump system.

Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions. 

Thanks.

The water boiler only gives you hot water, but no additional pressure.

The water tank would provide additional pressure, if put high enough (gravity pressure)

The pump is what really gives you constant pressure depending on pump size / configuration.

My personal house config is government → water tank (ground level) → pump → water filter → boiler → house

Sent from my CPH1821 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

Cooked. Do you have a pump? If so then you need some storage as I expect the development in the last 6 years has overtaken the local water supply. 

The original water tower was there for a reason.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2018 at 9:47 AM, Swiss1960 said:

The water boiler only gives you hot water, but no additional pressure.

The water tank would provide additional pressure, if put high enough (gravity pressure)

The pump is what really gives you constant pressure depending on pump size / configuration.

My personal house config is government → water tank (ground level) → pump → water filter → boiler → house

The heating of the water increases the pressure in the tank, at least that's what I thought.

We had similar problems, when the government water was on, the pressure was only enough to go up about 6 feet and not enough to trigger the switch in the shower.

As mentioned above the best solution is a tank and a pump, do not forget to put in a bypass line with a non-return valve so if your pump fails and the gov water is still on, you could still have something.

I was not here when they chose the pump, it is a cheap Chinese brand and a bit noisy but it does the job.

IMG_20180705_103650.jpg

IMG_20180705_103706.jpg

• Like 2

The heating of the water increases the pressure in the tank, at least that's what I thought.
In theory correct, as in a closed system (no tap running), heating water will expand and thus increase the pressure in the closed system. However, as soon as you open one tap, the additional pressure will be immediately out of the system and you will again rely on either government, tank or pump pressure.

• Like 1

Not 100%, but 99% sure that it is illegal to have a pump connected directly to a government water supply. Reason being you could be taking water pressure away from other users. Always best to have a large tank installed. Sometimes they turn water off for maintenance etc, and once you have a tank you have no worries at all.

HL

• Like 1