Pakistani on 1,239 day overstay tops the latest crackdown list

snoop1130

Pakistani on 1,239 day overstay tops the latest crackdown list

3_180704_0051-1024x682.jpg

The Thai Tourist Police Bureau have announced the latest results of their latest crackdown on illegal foreigners.

It was the 16th X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner swoop on miscreants masquerading as tourists.

In total 71 places were raided yielding 62 arrests.

Ten were on overstay comprising three each from Laos and India, two from Moldova and one each from Pakistan and Vietnam.

Rubeka Gill from Pakistan aged 25 topped the charts with a 1,239 day overstay. 

Forty three were deemed to be illegal entries with Laos and Cambodian nationals with 15 apiece.

Nine others were arrested six of whom were Thai. 

The arrests were led by crime buster extraordinary Pol Maj Gen Surachet Hakpal otherwise known affectionately as Big Joke. 

The TPB said the arrests were in line with government policy to safeguard the security and tourism of the kingdom. 

Source: https://touristpolice.go.th/2018/07/04/ยุทธการ-x-ray-outlaw-foreigner-ครั้งที่-16/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-7-4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, cnx355 said:

I agree,  criminals and overstayers do not visit immigration to fill TM30 and 90 Days Reports, only honest expats and visitors do.

Some officers filling paperwork at Immigration Office would be better used on the street and at airports.

What,  like give them a Dustpan and Brush or a Mop. :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

The main article says that the Pakistani and Indian couple (I thought that they were meant to be killing each other?) also stole 15 Yuan in cash (74 Baht), but only 7 Yuan was recovered. Where on earth did they manage to change the missing 8 Yuan???

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, gwynt said:

TM 30 are filled in by landlords and property owners not aliens. 

Not completely accurate I had to fill in the part of the report dealing with passport Nationality / date of Arrival and so on   BTW that was yesterday at Marraput I/O

1 hour ago, gwynt said:

TM 30 are filled in by landlords and property owners not aliens. 

Not correct. I have to file my TM30 because my landlord is hardly ever in Thailand. It's a grey area with respect to who is responsible.

3 hours ago, 1337markus said:

Another smack in the face of Thai Immigration who are so obsessed with TM 30 fines and making farangs residence here a total negative process, instead of managing these over stays. Pathetic!

Post of the month here.:thumbsup:

20 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Almost 3.4 years huh, pretty slippery, but still not that much of an overstay really though....plenty of older dudes hiding out on like 10 years or so still.

I would not want to be caught as an old fella and get deported back to home country. A lot of "home" countries are hard to survive in especially if the reason you are in Thailand is that you have limited finances to live on.

5 hours ago, 1337markus said:

Another smack in the face of Thai Immigration who are so obsessed with TM 30 fines and making farangs residence here a total negative process, instead of managing these over stays. Pathetic!

After 30 years in Thailand I moved to the Philippines and just received my NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) clearance to apply for a five year Visa after waiting  three months after filling out forms and getting finger printed. How many expats in Thailand could get through a criminal check on their past to stay there??  A lot of expats should be thankful that the Thai Immigration does not demand this of long term stayers.