Change Of Address

If while living in Thailand on a one year Visa extension you change your address, should you notify immigration at once or wait until your next 90 day report ?

Thanks.

You are required by Thai law to report any change of address within 24 hours of the change.

If while living in Thailand on a one year Visa extension you change your address, should you notify immigration at once or wait until your next 90 day report ?

Thanks.

You are required by Thai law to report any change of address within 24 hours of the change.

Oops. What are the concequences for doing it 6 weeks late?

Thanks.

I did just that recently. Only to be told to wait until I came in for my next 90 day report :D

I had the form already filled out as well. Not intrested :D

Probably not the same at every Immigration office, so would pay to at least make the attempt.

Still, it was a nice day out and the car was due for a good run anyway :o

I do not think they have a check on this anyway,why in hel_l if we leave our place would you inform them???

They say it is for safety reasons,for when something goes wrong,allright maybe.I find it very incovenient if have to report to a police station all the time(I assume it is also for go a short holiday,correct me if i am wrong),you have ever seen their face...no thank you.If you ,like you just changed your adress,they will never know do they?,when you exactly moved,so no worries about it.Don't make sleeping dogs wake up,think first,just report it the next form.Don't think they keep our adresses anyway,they do not care,only when they have to find you or something.

I don't know if anyone else has been told this, so I don't know if it's even true. Two years ago, I opened an account as Siam Commercial Bank. Before they would open the account for me, I had to have some forms filled out by/for Immigration concerning my address. When I picked up the completed forms, the very helpful immigration officer told me that if the bank mailed statements etc sent to my address were returned to the bank, they would sieze the account, and I would not be able to use it. I was told that it would be a big hassle, but I could get my money back, eventually. Her advice, don't let it happen! I don't know if it was a form of scare tactics, or just BS, but I never receive monthly statements. I have been to the bank and complained, and all they say is that if I want, they send, lol. I just make sure that my bank knows I'm around, and at the same address.

I do not think they have a check on this anyway,why in hel_l if we leave our place would you inform them???

They say it is for safety reasons,for when something goes wrong,allright maybe.I find it very incovenient if have to report to a police station all the time(I assume it is also for go a short holiday,correct me if i am wrong),you have ever seen their face...no thank you.If you ,like you just changed your adress,they will never know do they?,when you exactly moved,so no worries about it.Don't make sleeping dogs wake up,think first,just report it the next form.Don't think they keep our adresses anyway,they do not care,only when they have to find you or something.

I don't know if anyone else has been told this, so I don't know if it's even true. Two years ago, I opened an account as Siam Commercial Bank. Before they would open the account for me, I had to have some forms filled out by/for Immigration concerning my address. When I picked up the completed forms, the very helpful immigration officer told me that if the bank mailed statements etc sent to my address were returned to the bank, they would sieze the account, and I would not be able to use it. I was told that it would be a big hassle, but I could get my money back, eventually. Her advice, don't let it happen! I don't know if it was a form of scare tactics, or just BS, but I never receive monthly statements. I have been to the bank and complained, and all they say is that if I want, they send, lol. I just make sure that my bank knows I'm around, and at the same address.

That is not bank statement. Actually bank has to confirm your mailing address once you agree to open and maintain account with any bank anywhere in the world. This is a kind of security check that the particulars you have provided especially your location is correct. I repeat its done once, some bank issue cheque books or ATM Card / Atm Pins upon receipt of the letter they have mailed to your official or residential addresses what ever you have choosed at the option available to mail your statements etc to your desired mailing address. Once you confirm its done. Bank statements have nothing to do BUT remember if your mail bonuced back with a status that the account holder do not exists or moved on. The bank as a security freeze your account, for any possible fraud or misshap to provide you maximum security. When ever you become active or intend to operate your account they will ask your mailing address verification again to update their record. This is done because your money is a very senstive issue to them, in protecting your identity. It has nothing to do with the immigration. However, please note that any change of name or address in workpermit must be notified therein to immigration immediately. Delay may cause problem / fine maybe as the entry in work permit bears a date of its ammendment.

Please keep in your mind that there is no immigration officer concerned in banks. They are all bank employees, however, Siam Commercial Bank in particular, ( is a very commercial bank ) have some representatives to assist foreigners especially in english language. So they guide you for any possible inconvienence may put you in trouble. Also note that bank only keep the photocopy of your first two pages. Not the visa or extension pages etc. This means they are not concerned about your stay even you have only one day or last day in Thailand. They will open your bank account as desired and requested by you. They only keep your Work Permit full details, and follow the enteries contained in it OR otherwise in case of spouse, keep the wife's / husband's thai ID card / residential certificate ( tamambian ) and marriage certificate and open account. So bank statement is just to inform you about the status of your account or any descripency found in thereby notified to them within 7 days of receipt of the statement to correct the errors.

It seemed to me to involve immigration. SCB gave me a form to take to Immigration on Soi 8 (this was 2 yrs ago), I needed pictures and left the form overnight. I picked it up the next day, and immigration kept one copy, and gave me one back to give SCB. Then, they finalized my account.

Two years later, same address, and I still have not received any correspondence from the bank at all. Maybe I'm lucky that my account works. Thanks for the information.

Please keep in your mind that there is no immigration officer concerned in banks. They are all bank employees, however, Siam Commercial Bank in particular, ( is a very commercial bank ) have some representatives to assist foreigners especially in english language. So they guide you for any possible inconvienence may put you in trouble. Also note that bank only keep the photocopy of your first two pages. Not the visa or extension pages etc. This means they are not concerned about your stay even you have only one day or last day in Thailand. They will open your bank account as desired and requested by you. They only keep your Work Permit full details, and follow the enteries contained in it OR otherwise in case of spouse, keep the wife's / husband's thai ID card / residential certificate ( tamambian ) and marriage certificate and open account. So bank statement is just to inform you about the status of your account or any descripency found in thereby notified to them within 7 days of receipt of the statement to correct the errors.

It sounds like you obtained an address verification; as used for car purchase. Many bank branches started asking for that a few years ago. You could also obtain from your Embassy. Immigration was not concerned with the bank account - only in confirming your present address.