Trapped 13 express their feelings in first letters from cave

rooster59

Why use written letters?  Surely a video message from each recorded on one of the camera's they have down there would be much better... Unless they (the authorities) are thinking the worst...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Julie H said:

My wife told me that one of the boys thought the British divers came through the cave from England. Yes i doubt they are fully aware of their situation. Lets hope they all get out safely 

Heard that too.

Would need passports and visas to go out that way......and a lot of energy.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

i also hope they are not goodbye letters.  Because lets face it, the Thai rescuers have still not come up with a plan that will actually work yet, and they cant decide on which option to try.  I hate to say it, but trying to dive out of there, towing the poor lads, is not going to end well.  One moment of panic, and that will be that.  They have to find the chimney that is obviously there somewhere, because they have heard kids and roosters from above.  I have done caving when in the military, and its bloody frightening, and that was without being totally submerged.  Poor lads, I really hope they get out.  But please..leave it to the foreigners to organise.

I read many articles, from many different sources, and it is incredible how information vary from one source to another.

For example, according to one source, there would be only one chamber left completely flooded, while according to others, many chambers are still completely flooded, one of them even requiring a 5 meter deep and tortuous dive, and another needing to stay underwater for 200 meters!

Needless to say that this is not at all the same!

If the boys can keep their head above water most of the time, things will be much easier than having to stay underwater.

In short, the information regarding the results of pumping water out of the cave is far from being clear...as is the water.

And this is crucial since it seems that the preferred solution for the rescue teams would be to evacuate once the water levels have receded enough...

4 hours ago, steve73 said:

Why use written letters?  Surely a video message from each recorded on one of the camera's they have down there would be much better... Unless they (the authorities) are thinking the worst...

Makes even more sense to record their messages via video if it may be their last... 

The Thais I've spoken to, have the attitude nothing will or can go wrong..  GF said, farangs are saving the kids, so they will be OK..  

The U.S., seems they look at the worse case scenario as a possibility and hope for the best..

1 hour ago, Yann55 said:

The way parents and relatives talk to coach Ake should put to shame some of the jerks who said horrible things on this Forum about him.

No need to say more, because I know that talking about intelligence, understanding, compassion, patience, and refraining from hasty judgments to people like that is like trying to teach Latin to a donkey.

Hold on tight, Ake, hold on tight, boys, you're brave and soul-moving, all of you. Thanks to all the people who are working relentlessly to rescue these kids, and RIP to the guy who lost his life in this battle.

I pray, along with millions of people, that you all get out of that ordeal, alive and well. Any other option is unthinkable, unimaginable, unacceptable.

since they were all found alive and well the parents would normally speak that way to the coach given cultural mores and the societal baseline IQ.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DukSiam1 said:

The letter from the coach was heart-wrenching. I place absolutely no blame on this young Thai man. On this forum we are all aware that Thais of this age are still considered kids, as they lack world experiences or knowledge. I worked many years as a program director at a year-round kids camp and everyday I had to make quick decisions on the safety of activities in the outdoors. In retrospect there are some I should have nixed but often the enthusiasm of the kids swung the balance. This Thai coach obviously has the best interests of the boys at heart. I'm sure he, himself, wanted to follow team tradition and write his name on the cave's wall as did the boys. So in they went when conditions or expected conditions were not problem. The sudden storm struck and the coach lead his team (probably frightened and panicy) to a place of relative safety. Once there he calmed them, taught them survival strategies and maintained their moral. True leadership and all the time inwardly questioning his decision to enter the cave. In the end, only the boys should decide what action, if any, should be taken. For me, he should be praised. My whole being is sending hope and strength to these Thai Wild Boars.

an analogy if i may, a boat captain that sees the adverse weather, pending storm yet decides to start the voyage as to not let down all the passengers wanting to have fun snorkeling 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Zetetique said:

I am not sure about how many farang kids, and I am a farang, would have survive or overcome such a horrific situation : trapped in a cave, water coming up, darkness, no food, only muddy water to drink, stress and fear, cold, no blanket, no dry clothes, no communication with outside and the first thing we see is your smile ! you are tough Thai kids and we are proud of you. It is the Football World Cup right now but all eyes are on you Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Ronaldo, Cabana, Zidane are nothing compare to you, you are the champs ! 

What a wonderful post - first of its kind I've seen here. Yes, I wonder if my young English compatriots could behave as bravely and with as much positive spirits as these young Thai guys in this awful, dreadful, nightmarish situation. I hope so. But in any case - these Thai youngsters have ALL my respect and admiration.

• Like 2

Let them hang on to one of these, they'd be out in 1 hour.

image.png.eb58ea1e487fda22b637659c4f4d73f9.png

https://www.divers-supply.com/yamaha-500li-scooter-metalic-black-green.html?utm_source=adwordsfroogle&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=adwordsfroogle&utm_content=CMFSBC-SDO-YME22500&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyYHaBRDvARIsAHkAXctIWVBXVSm_f-jDj-BSxPDkb_Cc8Jb70iRPh_lLyeZ21MrbZ_YLXp8aAuyvEALw_wcB

15 minutes ago, Zetetique said:

I am not sure about how many farang kids, and I am a farang, would have survive or overcome such a horrific situation : trapped in a cave, water coming up, darkness, no food, only muddy water to drink, stress and fear, cold, no blanket, no dry clothes, no communication with outside and the first thing we see is your smile ! you are tough Thai kids and we are proud of you. It is the Football World Cup right now but all eyes are on you Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Ronaldo, Cabana, Zidane are nothing compare to you, you are the champs ! 

i dont mean to be overly reasonable or realistic on this forum but after a week or more in a dark cold wet cave drinking muddy water who wouldn't have a great big smile upon seeing rescuers, food, blankets, etc ??

• Like 2
  • Sad 1