DEATH ISLAND RIDDLE:  Koh Tao mystery deepens as ‘healthy’ dad becomes TENTH Westerner to die in suspicious circumstances

webfact

DEATH ISLAND RIDDLE  

Koh Tao mystery deepens as ‘healthy’ dad becomes TENTH Westerner to die in suspicious circumstances

Cops said Bernd Grotsch died of ‘heart failure’ or a snake bite but his family say they don’t believe it

By Jon Rogers

bg.jpg

The body of Bernd Grotsch was discovered at his home on the island // VIRAL PRESS

A DAD, 47, has become the tenth Westerner to mysteriously die on Thailand's notorious "death island", it emerged today.

German Bernd Grotsch's body was found at his home deep in the jungle in the Mae Haad part of Koh Tao.

He had recently returned to the island after building up a motorbike rental business over the past two decades.

The father-of-one’s family in Ingolstadt, Germany, said authorities told them he died of “heart failure” or had been “bitten by a snake” - but they don't believe a word of it.

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6729031/thailand-koh-tao-island-dad-dead-mystery/

-- THE SUN 2018-2018-07-10

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the hell would anyone, ever, visit the god-forsaken place!

Haven't enough people died there under unusual circumstances to trigger a response? What more do people need?

"...The father-of-one’s family in Ingolstadt, Germany, said authorities told them he died of “heart failure” or had been “bitten by a snake” - but they don't believe a word of it.

They claim they have still not received an autopsy report and say his body was sent against their wishes to the same Bangkok hospital that carried out botched reports on the bodies of two Brits murdered on the same island in 2014..."

Yet more discrepancies...

"...The father-of-one’s family in Ingolstadt, Germany, said authorities told them he died of “heart failure” or had been “bitten by a snake” - but they don't believe a word of it.

They claim they have still not received an autopsy report and say his body was sent against their wishes to the same Bangkok hospital that carried out botched reports on the bodies of two Brits murdered on the same island in 2014.,,"

Yet more...

"...Bernd is the tenth known foreigner to die in suspicious circumstances on the notoriously corrupt island in recent years.

Brits Hannah Witheridge and David Miller were bludgeoned to death on the beach in September 2014.

And last year, Belgian backpacker Elise Dallemagne was found dead and half-eaten by lizards having apparently hanged herself on the island - an explanation rejected by her family.

Other unexplained deaths include Brits Ben Harrington, 32, in 2012; Nick Pearson, 25, in 2014; Luke Miller, 26, in 2016; and Christina Annesley, 23, in 2015.

Russians Dimiti Povse, 29, and Valentina Novozhyonova, 23, also died mysteriously in 2015 and 2017..."

How many more?

Boycott the place.

Today!

22 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Why the he;ll would anyone ever visit the god-forsaken place!

For the sake of money.

He had recently returned to the island after building up a motorbike rental business over the past two decades.

12 minutes ago, tagalong said:

Those learned above surmising about a snake bite...As I know very well, snakes have 2 teeth to inject venom...

Did they find 2 snake teeth marks on the body?  NO!...So why say it without proof first...

A fatal snake bite tends to leave a little more than two teeth marks, more like a mark like this one.

snake-bites-4.jpg.f13e799c255e7e69c2647872b8d0f09f.jpg

What you do for friends:

I had to come on like a bad guy to persuade the daughter of a co-worker of decades back NOT to go to this island on their trip last December. My niece two years back was easier. 

Friends don't let Friends go to Koh Tao

Competing with locals for the tourist dollar on Koh Tao is a very high-risk occupation.

A friend of mine had a successful dive shop on Koh Tao. Was woken up one night with a gun in his face and told he had 24 hours to leave.

3 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Competing with locals for the tourist dollar on Koh Tao is a very high-risk occupation.

A friend of mine had a successful dive shop on Koh Tao. Was woken up one night with a gun in his face and told he had 24 hours to leave.

I worked on KT in 2001 and from what I saw then, your comment is very likely true.... It's a lawless little place...

5 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Sure but from the linked 'Sun' article he had already left:

Bernd, a wealthy entrepreneur, moved to the island two decades ago, buying two properties and building up a motorbike rental business.

But he left in 2016 after becoming frustrated with the corruption and hostility towards foreign business owners.

He started another business in neighbouring island Koh Phayam before returning in March to "tie up loose ends".

Just now, JLCrab said:

Sure but from the linked 'Sun' article he had already left:

Bernd, a wealthy entrepreneur, moved to the island two decades ago, buying two properties and building up a motorbike rental business.

But he left in 2016 after becoming frustrated with the corruption and hostility towards foreign business owners.

He started another business in neighbouring island Koh Phayam before returning in March to "tie up loose ends".

before returning in March to "tie up loose ends".

Tying up loose ends on Koh Tao can be FATAL

2 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Why the hell would anyone, ever, visit the god-forsaken place!

Haven't enough people died there under unusual circumstances to trigger a response? What more do people need?

They claim they have still not received an autopsy report and say his body was sent against their wishes to the same Bangkok hospital that carried out botched reports on the bodies of two Brits murdered on the same island in 2014..."

Yet more discrepancies...

They claim they have still not received an autopsy report and say his body was sent against their wishes to the same Bangkok hospital that carried out botched reports on the bodies of two Brits murdered on the same island in 2014.,,"

Yet more...

"...Bernd is the tenth known foreigner to die in suspicious circumstances on the notoriously corrupt island in recent years.

Brits Hannah Witheridge and David Miller were bludgeoned to death on the beach in September 2014.

And last year, Belgian backpacker Elise Dallemagne was found dead and half-eaten by lizards having apparently hanged herself on the island - an explanation rejected by her family.

Other unexplained deaths include Brits Ben Harrington, 32, in 2012; Nick Pearson, 25, in 2014; Luke Miller, 26, in 2016; and Christina Annesley, 23, in 2015.

Russians Dimiti Povse, 29, and Valentina Novozhyonova, 23, also died mysteriously in 2015 and 2017..."

How many more?

Boycott the place.

Today!

So from 2012 to 2018 there have been 10 deaths of foreigners on this island, I don't think it would take much to work out who did it, just see who was on the island on the those dates and go from there, but then again, do they want to expose who did it, that is the question, money talks, corruption walks.

RIP, gone far too early

Another ten or twenty unexplained death and still ignorant folks would keep flocking to that damned place.

I visited K.T. four times before the murder of the two young Brits. The last time I was so furious about the rude handling of passengers by the staff of Lompraya ferry company. Never ever...

To anybody who has any doubts about the murders of Hannah and David I've seen the crime scene photos and the court ruling and there is no way they were murdered by the Myanmar 2. Perhaps a concerned Brit on here might request a copy of the full MET report under the Freedom of Information Act and enlighten us all and help these 2 boys abandoned after all the money was collected to support them. I'm not involved only concerned and curious.

Yes it is suspicious. Yes, nothing will happen. The same motivation shown by incredibly brave foreigners who consistently put themselves in harms way to save the Wild Boars will not be reciprocated by the authorities to clean up this island and re-investigate the unbelievable string of deaths. 

8 minutes ago, shillhater said:

really?..soon as anything shady happens you are the 1st to defend the place..why?

Why? Because I lived through the 'Son of Sam' serial murders in New York City 1976-77 when a city of millions of people were scared silly to go outside at night lest they get their heads blown off with a high-powered hand gun. Anyone who lived through anything like that knows that what is called 'serial killings' here is a mockery to anyone who lived through the real thing.

Archived