DEATH ISLAND RIDDLE:  Koh Tao mystery deepens as ‘healthy’ dad becomes TENTH Westerner to die in suspicious circumstances

webfact

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 1933 the island was for political prisoners, they got moved to the mainland in 1947 with a royal pardon. Then 2 brothers from KPG  went over, then followed by their families who settled on what is now known as Sairee Beach today,  even though it was officially under royal patronage!

9 hours ago, Spectator2020 said:

Does anyone else get the impression that Bernd Grotsch's death is being swept under the carpet? 

nope, nothing has been swept under the carpet as there is zero suspicious to this , just give up, this threads not going anywhere try as you might!

On 7/30/2018 at 6:33 PM, swanny321 said:
On 7/10/2018 at 9:52 AM, JLCrab said:

Why? Because I lived through the 'Son of Sam' serial murders in New York City 1976-77 when a city of millions of people were scared silly to go outside at night lest they get their heads blown off with a high-powered hand gun. Anyone who lived through anything like that knows that what is called 'serial killings' here is a mockery to anyone who lived through the real thing.

So one could say you went from Son of Sam to the sun of Siam

No -- you could maybe say I went from people getting their heads blown off with a high-powered handgun to Gee that death was suspicious. Maybe it was murder. Whaddaya think?

Regardless of the recent comments from balo and frank83628 above, any objective assessment must lead to the conclusion that Bernd Grotsch's death is probably being swept under the carpet.

His body was found back in June.  The 17th of June.  It is now August.  The cause of death has so far been concealed. 

If he died of natural causes then the Thais would want to release that information and any supporting autopsy report as soon as possible.  It should also be obvious if he died from a snake bite but no one has provided anything to support that theory other than a picture of the guy handling a snake.  Hardly compelling.

Until there is some hard evidence it is reasonable for any rational person to suspect that this is one more death on Koh Tao that is being swept under the carpet.

From the link in post #1:

"German Bernd Grotsch's body was found at his home deep in the jungle in the Mae Haad part of Koh Tao."

So his body was found per the above 17June 'deep in the jungle' but neither the above post nor THE  SUN linked article says when he actually died.

13 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

From the link in post #1:

"German Bernd Grotsch's body was found at his home deep in the jungle in the Mae Haad part of Koh Tao."

So his body was found per the above 17June 'deep in the jungle' but neither the above post nor THE  SUN linked article says when he actually died.

Correct.  We don't know when he died but the Thai police and the "Thai coroner" have had the body since 17 June.  No one else has had custody of the body.  His family back in Germany have not been able to arrange an autopsy.  The control has remained with the Thais and given the passage of time it is all very suspicious.

So that leaves open the question as to how many days in June the body was 'deep in the jungle' before being found and in what condition.

From the Samui Times:

Grotsch’s estranged wife and daughter currently reside in Ingolstadt. As a Thai citizen his wife is the only one with the legal right to sign any documents relative to the release and repatriation of Grotsch’s remains. She is reluctant to do so.

http://www.samuitimes.com/yet-another-suspicious-death-on-koh-tao-a-k-a-death-island/

he was found the next morning buy his friend that was helping him with some house renovations.

as far as i am aware he didnt get on with his german family and had little to do with them, the article mentions his estranged wifre in Germany, i believe he has a wife here too, so maybe that story isnt totally correct.

his house is no where near Mae Haad as that is the town centre and the least bit jungle of the whole island..

Spectator2020... exactly what business is it of yours or anyone one elses for that matter on what imformation the police give?..just because you read something on social media doesnt mean you are part of any police force or should be privy to any info, as far as i would think it would be his next of kin that would be given any details or information..not joe bloggs from facebook....just curious.

On 8/4/2018 at 3:36 AM, frank83628 said:

he was found the next morning buy his friend that was helping him with some house renovations.

as far as i am aware he didnt get on with his german family and had little to do with them, the article mentions his estranged wifre in Germany, i believe he has a wife here too, so maybe that story isnt totally correct.

his house is no where near Mae Haad as that is the town centre and the least bit jungle of the whole island..

Spectator2020... exactly what business is it of yours or anyone one elses for that matter on what imformation the police give?..just because you read something on social media doesnt mean you are part of any police force or should be privy to any info, as far as i would think it would be his next of kin that would be given any details or information..not joe bloggs from facebook....just curious.

Your level of knowledge about Bernd Grotsch and his death looks like it will be greater than that of most people reading this forum Frank.

It sounds like you live and maybe work on the island.  Is that a fair guess?

You seem to be saying he was seen alive the day before he was found dead by his unnamed friend.  Do you know the name(s) of any person/people who saw him the day before he was found?  Do you know the name of the friend who found him dead?

You also mentioned that as far as you are aware he did not get along with his German family.  What gave you that idea?  Did he tell you or did someone else tell you?

Was the estranged wife in Germany a Thai wife? 

Your post is interesting but it's difficult to follow.  If you could clear up a few things you might enlighten a few readers and not just me.

You asked "what business is it .. ?" of mine.  I suppose all these unexplained, suspicious and mysterious deaths are a legitimate concern for everyone and not just the people who live there or who make a living there.  I don't think the residents have a monopoly on what should or should not concern people unless collectively they are God.  

13 hours ago, Spectator2020 said:

<snip> I suppose all these unexplained, suspicious and mysterious deaths <snip2>

Oh come on just say it straight: You want to suggest that because these deaths are 'unexplained, suspicious, and mysterious' they may (or must) be the result of murder.

I think the fact the Thai authorities try to cover it up for as long as possible makes it suspicious don't you? If not suspicious they would be the first to announce it  , photos of a snake bite for example, with them pointing at it for every photo opportunity possible!

26 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

No. Indeterminant, maybe.

You're absolutely right, theres nothing suspicious about anything that gone on, on that island.  Nothing strange at all and all investigating procedures have been conducted to the letter. ??

I don't think your sense of humor is appreciated on here!! 

4 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

You folks have already got it figured out that all the 'suspicious' deaths in THE SUN article linked in Post #1 were actually murders and now you are just working backwards.

Good for you.

But your take on everything is nothing short of outstanding, you simply don't think theres anything strange about anything thats happened....i think your total defense of everything has been magnificent! Theres nothing and no one thats going to change your mind about anything.....bravo!!?

1 minute ago, carmine said:

But your take on everything is nothing short of outstanding, you simply don't think theres anything strange about anything thats happened....i think your total defense of everything has been magnificent! Theres nothing and no one thats going to change your mind about anything.....bravo!!?

His little business on Koh Tao would suffer, if he admitted there might just be something fishy going on ?

There are none so blind as those that will not see !!

I just think it's hilarious that, if the Koh Tao/Surathani investigative teams don't show the acumen of  Hercule Poirot, then it must be murder. Maybe it is murder. But because everything isn't tied up in a nice bundle to your satisfaction, don't mean that it is.

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There is no secret here. And the solution to this problem is relatively simple, but will never, ever happen. Arrest the serial killer. Many know who the guilty family is.

Great -- so all it will take is one of those who know with as much guts as you have writing on here to come forward. 

They should call it Spy Island. All these people dying from weird unexplained circumstance. 10 so far. So glad it's such a small number in comparison to the tens of millions who have visited it. Such a small tiny place as well. Heaven for a  cobra wrangler , I would bet. As well as  for others of a similar mind.

51 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

I just think it's hilarious that, if the Koh Tao/Surathani investigative teams don't show the acumen of  Hercule Poirot, then it must be murder. Maybe it is murder. But because everything isn't tied up in a nice bundle to your satisfaction, don't mean that it is.

No, what hilarious is that you wouldn't accept a signed confession of guilt with cctv to back up evidence if it didn't suit your position and its equally hilarious that so many posters on here haven't realized that they are banging their heads against a brink wall trying to rationalize with you.  And all in all its been quite entertaining. ?

5 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Well when you get the above, please let me know

Brilliant!! ? Thing is, i've read through this entire thread, and i know i'm right.  Lets just say, you ain't open minded on the matter!!  Probably enough said.

5 hours ago, jimmynewbie said:

I think the fact the Thai authorities try to cover it up for as long as possible makes it suspicious don't you? If not suspicious they would be the first to announce it  , photos of a snake bite for example, with them pointing at it for every photo opportunity possible!

If the police should publish in the media every time someone dies of a snake bite , scorpion bite or whatever, it would be very busy for them. 

Well we had a woman who was bitten by a cobra snake hiding in her toilet some days ago, now that's a funny story and she didnt die, 

I agree that any negativity on any island resort is bad for tourism and maybe some locals want to hide bad media attention. But really all you are chasing here is another example of speculation that will lead to nothing. 

Fact is the German was crazy about his snakes as we have seen in the photos and to me it looks like he paid the price . 

Just now, balo said:

If the police should publish in the media every time someone dies of a snake bite , scorpion bite or whatever, it would be very busy for them. 

Well we had a woman who was bitten by a cobra snake hiding in her toilet some days ago, now that's a funny story and she didnt die, 

I agree that any negativity on any island resort is bad for tourism and maybe some locals want to hide bad media attention. But really all you are chasing here is another example of speculation that will lead to nothing. 

Fact is the German was crazy about his snakes as we have seen in the photos and to me it looks like he paid the price . 

balo, you must remember, according to some TV posters no one is allowed to die on Koh Tao due to drug overdoses, high jinks, drinking too much, deep diving without experience or playing with snakes. They have all been murdered by the island mafia, though the motives are as yet to be ascertained and the suspects are yet to be seen.

2 hours ago, balo said:

No it wouldn't be busy for them, in so much as i for example have lived here for 15 years and never heard of anyone getting bitten by a snake or stung by a scorpion.  It would be no great burden to them whatsoever to publish in the media.  No burden at all.

Aside of this, if the guy was a snake handler i doubt it was particularly dangerous to be handling it.  Should you be commenting about this when you clearly don't know anything about snake handling?

Balo if it was a snake the Thais would have reported it very very quickly!

We would have photos with pointing fingers

Like the Chinese man that drowned, not suspicious it was reported immediately

Snakes leave their mark!

The authorities and the KT mafia do not want 'Death Island' in the news again for a suspicious death!

You can not compare it to other places

Enough said can not argue with people that obviously live on Koh Tao.

Archived