Baht Bus - What A Humiliation

think_too_mut

The poll results. Over EIGHTY PERCENT want taxi meters in Pattaya. That is no grey area. People want them:...

Not wishing to stir the BB stew even more, regarding the poll indicating that over 80% of the people that voted wanted taxis. One should consider that it is 82% of English speaking (?) farangs that are members of TV AND that read and responded to the poll wanted taxis. Of the 77 votes cast in favour it is reasonable to speculate that not all of the 736 views (at the time of this posting) are unique people, but even so 77 Votes out of the entire TV membership that read that thread within the Pattaya forum is not many.

Maybe enough to "win" the US presidential election but not enough to lobby the Pattaya City Fathers.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Fidel, a thousand mile trip starts with one step ...

Each user on thaivisa is only allowed ONE vote.

I agree, its not a scientific poll. But it is clear there are lots of people who are interested enough to vote to say they would like to have the option of taking a Bangkok-style air conditioned taxi meter in Pattaya.

I agree its not going to happen anytime soon. I am sure it will happen one day. Big cities with international tourists and residents eventually get taxis, even in Thailand. The only reason there are no taxis are the powerful dark forces.

I do realize there is alot of passion about this subject, but remember we did a poll on this topic, got lots of votes, and most people do indeed want the CHOICE of taxi meters in Pattaya. Of course, the devil is in the details. Would they have Bangkok style meters, would they turn them on, would the taxis also be corrupt and owned by the baht bus mafia company, would they serve the areas where they are needed the most, outside the main baht bus routes?

Difficult problems, no doubt. But I don't understand the reaction, oh, forget it, God ordained baht buses only in Pattaya.

Regarding the concern about increased traffic with taxi meters in Pattaya, I do think that is short sighted. Look at New York City. Jam packed with taxis, yes. Now imagine how much MORE jam packed it would be if everyone who uses the taxis everyday had to run a car. You see, in Pattaya, the transport system is so crummy that it forces way more people to own a car or moto than actually want to. Better options, you would see a reduction in the rate of vehicle ownership.

FYI: The poll results. Over EIGHTY PERCENT want taxi meters in Pattaya. That is no grey area. People want them:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...02190&st=15

Rather misquoting that poll aren't you? (strangely to support your idea ......)

The Poll was simple ... the question was "should metered taxis be allowed in Pattaya?"

Nowhere was it .. do you want them etc etc etc

I do realize there is alot of passion about this subject, but remember we did a poll on this topic, got lots of votes, and most people do indeed want the CHOICE of taxi meters in Pattaya. Of course, the devil is in the details. Would they have Bangkok style meters, would they turn them on, would the taxis also be corrupt and owned by the baht bus mafia company, would they serve the areas where they are needed the most, outside the main baht bus routes?

Difficult problems, no doubt. But I don't understand the reaction, oh, forget it, God ordained baht buses only in Pattaya.

Regarding the concern about increased traffic with taxi meters in Pattaya, I do think that is short sighted. Look at New York City. Jam packed with taxis, yes. Now imagine how much MORE jam packed it would be if everyone who uses the taxis everyday had to run a car. You see, in Pattaya, the transport system is so crummy that it forces way more people to own a car or moto than actually want to. Better options, you would see a reduction in the rate of vehicle ownership.

FYI: The poll results. Over EIGHTY PERCENT want taxi meters in Pattaya. That is no grey area. People want them:

The Poll was simple ... the question was "should metered taxis be allowed in Pattaya?"

Your miniscule nit acknowledged, ye passionate advocate against choice, Sir!

I now expect your rebuttal that it was not a miniscule nit. Look, the dark forces of the baht bus mafia totally rule and that clearly isn't going to change anytime soon. Why rub it in? You win. Enjoy.

Edited by Jingthing

I now expect your rebuttal that it was not a miniscule nit. Look, the dark forces of the baht bus mafia totally rule and that clearly isn't going to change anytime soon. Why rub it in? You win. Enjoy.

You are correct! It was not a miniscule nit, You are incorrect, the way that poll was worded I voted yes :o You are correct again; it isn't gonna change! So you get 66% for that post!

Dark Forces :o ..........the FACTS as I have previously listed speak for themselves :D