Praise for the Wild Boar boys: No kid has cave dived like this before

webfact

Praise for the Wild Boar boys: No kid has cave dived like this before

5PM.jpg

Huge praise for the rescued boys themselves has come from a Danish rescuer at the center of the drama that unfolded at Tham Luang in Chiang Rai.

Thai media reported on the comments of Ivan Karadzic from Denmark who was responsible for refilling tanks and guiding the survivors at one of the notoriously difficult stretches of the rescue route.

Mr Karadzic said in admiration of the Thai boys that no kid had cave dived like this before.

"How cool are these small kids", he said. "They are incredibly strong kids".

A video of the praise for the Thai boys, all members of the Mu Pa or Wild Boars football team who had been stuck in the cave for more than two weeks, was viewed by hundred of thousands of people on the BBC news website in the UK.

The drama in Thailand has touched the hearts of millions throughout the world and inspired a huge Thai and international rescue effort that resulted in all 12 children and their coach being saved.

Source: Mcot

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-11
  • Like 1

I hear they can't go to the world cup final but would like to go to Old Trafford to see Manchester Utd play and after maybe they could tour some UK schools and show our kids how not to fall apart because they haven't enough friends on facebook . What a team your amazing. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

I hear they can't go to the world cup final but would like to go to Old Trafford to see Manchester Utd play and after maybe they could tour some UK schools and show our kids how not to fall apart because they haven't enough friends on facebook . What a team your amazing. 

That is indeed a splendid idea!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, plastkort said:

I wonder what this will do with immigration and the overall respect towards foreigners visiting the country

Sadly, I don't think it will have any appreciable impact on the way officialdom treats us - although I have noticed a lot more friendliness (even more than usual) from ordinary Thais now when they learn I am English. As always - it is the ordinary folk who show the most humanity - rarely the Higher Ups ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Let's not forget why they needed to be taught to cave-dive in the first place.

Yes. I think the example of these boys who learned to swim in the most challenging of circumstances should inspire a whole young generation of Thais to want to acquire this vital life-skill. What better role models could they have than the heroic Wild Boars?

1 hour ago, plastkort said:

I wonder what this will do with immigration and the overall respect towards foreigners visiting the country

Nothing .  Expect more corruption and business as usual . 

This will be remembered of course , especially in the Chiang Rai region for many years to come,  but the Thai laws and corruption is a different topic. 

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

I guess in another week no foreigner was there.......

The resulting epic will be a Naga swam in there and the boys rode out on it's back with the Monk coach between the teeth of the beast. Should be about a week before it's twisted to that, yeah.

1 hour ago, Eligius said:

... although I have noticed a lot more friendliness (even more than usual) from ordinary Thais now when they learn I am English ...

Yeah, I posted this in one of the other threads:-

• Thanks 1

I think that the team was at the right age for this rescue, the age of learning and adventure.

they were not any older where they would be expected to be more adult and start having the

adult fears. They were all young enough to treat the swimming and diving as something new

to learn. With all the expert  divers around them, they would likely feel pretty confident to do

the diving and swimming when they did. Most of us Adult forget the extra confidence we had

when we were that age. I am happy they were all successfully rescued, and hope they all have

good recovery from their ailments, and have good futures.

• Like 1

Praise??? Are you eff...ing brain dead???  Those 12 idiots were so doped up when their dive to safety began they had no idea what was really going to happen.  That little fact has not been spoken about but BBC has written about it. Without them being doped up there was the real chance they would panic under water and the whole operation would go te..ets up and people would die.