Visa transfer to new passport-where at promenada?

Monkol

I would be very happy to have some information on how to do the transfer of my Non-Immigrant visa from my old passport to a new passport at promenada immigration.

Which counter should i go to?

Is there a fee?

I will have a letter from the consulate for the transfer with me.

Thank you everybody!

Go to the basement at Promenada.

There is a front counter outside the glass windows, they will check whether you have filled out the right form and photocopied the right docs.

Alternatively, you can hire those 'agents' to do everything for you.

You don't have to come before 9 am for this because not many people do this.

Edited by EricTh

No, there's no fee.  It's currently accomplished at office #3 (the shop just to the left of the copy shop which is next to the main office in the basement at Promenada).  Based on my experience (last September), the document requirements (besides having your new and old passports with you) are as follows:

1.  Form - Transfer Stamp to New Passport.  Completed, signed, and you need to write your telephone number in the space to the left of the signature line.  Please note that this form is Chiang Mai Immigration specific [you have to get the form from them as it apparently isn't offered online (they won't accept the one online form that refers to Bangkok Immigration)].

2.  Documents from old passport:

a.  Photocopy of the photo page and every single filled-out page of your old passport.  Please note that they want all the copies to show the pages horizontally (intern got a bit bent out of shape about that as some of my page copies were copied vertically).  Sign your name on all the copies.  I didn't need a copy of any 90-day address Receipt or my TM30 Receipt (but you ought to have a copy on hand just in case).  Also take a copy of your current departure card if you obtained the passport while in Thailand (i.e., there is no new departure card in your new passport). 

3.  Documents from new passport:

a.  If you got the new passport out of Thailand as I did, then you need a photocopy of photo page, page showing your entry stamp, and your new TM6 (departure card).  If you got your new passport within Thailand (i.e., there are no stamps at all in your new passport), then all you need is a copy of the new photo page.  Sign all copies.

Edited by CMBob

I assume this is because your passport is expiring.  This may be of interest.

When I went through this process I had several months left on my visa (extension of stay). 

But they said, "No, that was our mistake. The 'visa' expires when the passport does". 

You must renew by the expiry date of your passport. Like now.

Our mistake, your problem. 

I assume this is because your passport is expiring.  This may be of interest.

When I went through this process I had several months left on my visa (extension of stay). 
But they said, "No, that was our mistake. The 'visa' expires when the passport does". 
You must renew by the expiry date of your passport. Like now.
Our mistake, your problem. 

May not be an issue. I and many others get new pp 6 months before old one expires because you need 6 months on your pp to get into most places. Without 6+months, you ain't mobile.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, sfokevin said:

Does one need a letter from ones Embassy/Consul?...

No....at least I didn't need such a letter.  I didn't have one (maybe because I got the new passport when on a trip back to the US?) and CM Immigration didn't ask for it.