New Triumph Bonneville Street Twin gets excellent fuel economy

8 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

OK if you fit those cams you better upgrade the brakes or you might end in trouble.

I wouldn't worry about the brakes too much...they're up to the job. I will upgrade my brake lines as soon as HEL or Goodridge release a kit for it tho.

Free Spirts (and a few others) do a 4 pot Brembo upgrade kit if you really do feel the need for a bit more stopping power, and want to keep the standard wheels.

https://www.freespiritsparts.com/en/triumph/brakes/triumph-street-twin-street-cup-front-brake-calliper-4-pot-kit.html

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, damascase said:

I am seriously interested in the 2019 Street Twin, with better performance (+ 10hp), improved braking (four pot Brembo) and a bit more padding in the seat - plus several other improvements. Had 7 Triumphs during my motorcycling career, 6 of them Hinckley’s, so not unfamiliar with the brand but it would be my first motorbike in Thailand. The new Street Scrambler is on my list too, but will be quite a bit more expensive. 

Must be great riding up here in the North (Chiang Rai area)!

2019 SPEED TWIN.

There, fixed it for ya.

1200cc instead of Street twin 900cc, and more importantly, an incredible 83 Ib ft of torque !!!

That torque figure alone makes me want one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, damascase said:

I am seriously interested in the 2019 Street Twin, with better performance (+ 10hp), improved braking (four pot Brembo) and a bit more padding in the seat - plus several other improvements. Had 7 Triumphs during my motorcycling career, 6 of them Hinckley’s, so not unfamiliar with the brand but it would be my first motorbike in Thailand. The new Street Scrambler is on my list too, but will be quite a bit more expensive. 

Must be great riding up here in the North (Chiang Rai area)!

2019 SPEED TWIN.

There, fixed it for ya.

1200cc instead of Street twin 900cc, and more importantly, an incredible 83 Ib ft of torque !!!

On 12/12/2018 at 12:40 PM, thaiguzzi said:

2019 SPEED TWIN.

There, fixed it for ya.

Two Questions:

1. Anyone know what the price for this new Speed Twin will be in Thailand?
  2. What is the Triumph dealer network like here in Thailand? (I'm in Buriram so I might have to drive the 1.5 hrs to Korat to find a Triumph dealer.)

I've seen this bike in the YouTube intro videos and man that bike looks great. Especially the silver or red. I've only been living in Thailand for just about 1 1/2 yrs and want to get a bike here (after having ridden in the US for almost 40 yrs.)

• Like 1

Well to answer my own question, 407.000 baht. Not too bad. Would love the 1200 but my shares has gone to this year so not an option at the moment.

I might wait a bit and read about some owners experience which should come out early next year.

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.th/bikes/classic/bonneville-street-twin/street-twin

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Sold the last of the carb'd ones - a '97 Tiger 900, earlier this year.  Still got a few fuel injected ones though. 

DAMN!

One of my fave to own Hinkley bikes would be a Thunderbird Sport with the twin discs, bikini fairing and 80 odd hp, and an early carb'd Speed Triple with a normal swing arm. Mate of mine has a Japan import in the UK - stunning.

Got an 08-10 round headlight Speed Triple?

Want one of those too.... sigh..........

5 hours ago, damascase said:

According to that site, the price is 407.000 baht, not 576.000.

As already said above, the thread is about the Street Twin, but the post I was replying to asked about the Speed Twin.

One thing missed in all this is how useful the CheckRaka site is.  Not only can you search by manufacturer, you can also enter a bike category in the first tab, select "took yeeho" (all manufacturers) in the second, click "GO" and it will spit out the price of every bike of that type available in Thailand so a price comparison can be made.  (And, if you click on the Home button, on the bottom left of the screen shot, it takes you to the front page, where you can choose to see the price of cars, phones, condos, credit cards.....)

image.png.0106a911a97ca46c1399ef3011467fe2.png

Edited by ballpoint