Pattie Boyd opens up about the struggles of being married to George Harrison during Beatlemania

snoop1130

Pattie Boyd opens up about the struggles of being married to George Harrison during Beatlemania

By Samantha Maine

pattie-boyd-beatlemania-george-harrison-920x584.jpg

Boyd says it was 'terrifying' to live inside Beatlemania Credit: Getty Images

Pattie Boyd has been interviewed by Taylor Swift about being married to George Harrison during the height of Beatlemania.

Boyd married Harrison in 1966 before the pair divorced in 1977. She later married Eric Clapton in 1979 until they split in 1988.

Boyd was something of a muse to both musicians, with Clapton’s ‘Wonderful Tonight’ based on Boyd getting ready when they were together.

Swift asked Boyd what living inside Beatlemania was actually like to which Boyd replied, ‘absolutely terrifying’.

Full Story: https://www.nme.com/news/music/pattie-boyd-beatlemania-george-harrison-2352625

• 2 weeks later...

I read Pattie's book on my last trip to Thailand, she is no saint and reading between the lines she pretty much loved the lifestyle, she made it sound like she was a jet setting queen with a suitcase full of drugs and booze...got to take it with a grain of salt, wouldn't believe to much......she quickly jumped from George's bed to Eric's once she realised George had gone luke warm on her....she wasn't going to give up the life of a Rock and Roll queen.

From the NY Times obit for Cynthia Lennon:

She became pregnant in 1962 and married Lennon on Aug. 23, just weeks before the Beatles recorded their first single, “Love Me Do.” She was ill prepared for the fame that engulfed John and his bandmates.

“I didn’t marry a Beatle,” she told the British newspaper The Independent in 1999. “I married a broke student who played the guitar and ponced all my grant money off me.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/02/arts/cynthia-lennon-the-first-beatles-wife-dies-at-75.html