Pattaya police out on Beach Road arrest 60 prostitutes

webfact

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Well. if this doesn't convince me that Pattaya is NOT an International World Class Family Resort nothing ever will. I am never going there again and I will warn my family to do likewise. Disgusting!

Disgusting, oh yes, so disgusting.   No prostitutes in your country, then?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Arrest the Johns, charge them and if convicted, publish their details including home countries. That will deter the sex tourists.

Is paying for sex an offence?  With you on that moral high ground, for hypocrisy's sake, I sure hope you have never done it.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Do they finally face reality?

Whatever illegal it is by the law.

Register and let go.

No laughable 500 Baht "fine".

Now they have a lot to do registering the other xxxx freelancers/bar girls whatever.

Being a freelancer/bar girl is a little different from being a street-walking prostitute from a legal standpoint.

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

Is paying for sex an offence?

Hell yes it's offensive. I figure I paid the first wife $400K for sex, the second wife $200K. Recent GF about $25K. Now I save allot by renting. Kinda slow learner.

if these girls know their rights they wouldn't be herded in lines without charge like this, the police had no proof they're not just standing there admiring the view.

Normally in a prostitution 'bust' there would be an informant that 'bought' and received the services 

At least the girls know full well what they're ultimately doing is illegal, and the police gets an update on who the regulars are, this operation then amounts to a registration of known prostitutes and is useful when there's crimes like snatching and scamming of tourist, but if these girls are out on the street the next night in full knowledge of the police, does that mean that they are tolerated?

Well. if this doesn't convince me that Pattaya is NOT an International World Class Family Resort nothing ever will. I am never going there again and I will warn my family to do likewise. Disgusting!

I guess their children and parents in Isaan will have to go without eating.

Ridiculous that the police are told to get strict with Beach road freelancers but not say Soi 6 for example

2 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Normally in a prostitution 'bust' there would be an informant that 'bought' and received the services 

I believe making the deal is sufficient, actually going thru with the dirty deed not a requirement for conviction. If that were the case you would have the entire police force working the beach

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I guess their children and parents in Isaan will have to go without eating.

Ridiculous that the police are told to get strict with Beach road freelancers but not say Soi 6 for example

Look here, I am ok with the hooker deal but having unattractive fat women lined up all down the beach sucks. It attracts large groups of Arabs and Indians like flies on sh1t and crowds the boardwalk. They need to make designated hooker zones with gates and fences and tolls to drive thru like Lion Country Safari.

3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Arrest the Johns, charge them and if convicted, publish their details including home countries. That will deter the sex tourists.

On the beach promenade there is no more activity than a man talking to a woman or ladyboy. That is not an arrestable offence. 

15 minutes ago, champers said:

Who are they conspiring against?

Conspiring to commit prostitution which is a crime. Just as if they were talking about robbing a bank or a terrorist attack. How do you think they bust johns and hookers in NYC

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

How do you know they were prostitutes?  They could just be people waiting for a friend like that old Rolling Stones song went. 

yes of course that would make sense.Or they could be waiting in line to join

weightwatchers.

4 hours ago, poanoi said:

nah, that is unlikely to deter anyone, and beside,

defamation is illegal.

now if they are sentenced to circumcision, that will definitely  deter

You mean castration?

Lots of John's (or Mohammed's) are already circumcised!

5 hours ago, poanoi said:

defamation is illegal.

It is only defamation if it cannot be proven to be true, a police arrest is a police arrest, therefor no chance for claiming defamation.  What did you think it was?

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

I hope your wife or girlfriend wasn't on the game

Me too, and can we assume yours was?

Police harassment pure and simple. No fines, no arrests, released. Sadly Thais are taught from early age never to protest injustice, always kowtow to "superiors".

Prostitution is similar to abortion in respect that "if you don't like it, don't have one"

Face it, one way or another men will wind up paying for sex. No such thing as a "free lunch"

13 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

On what charge?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Section 9. Any person who procures, seduces or takes away any person for the prostitution of such person, even with her or his consent and irrespective of whether the various acts which constitute an offence are committed within or outside the Kingdom, shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of one to ten years and to a fine of twenty thousand to two hundred thousand Baht.

5 hours ago, poanoi said:

defamation is illegal.

Oi vey! We are spared, inshalla.?

16 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

Face it, one way or another men will wind up paying for sex. No such thing as a "free lunch"

face it: that only apply to old or otherwise

unattractive men, or dumb, or a combination thereof

Archived