Pattaya police out on Beach Road arrest 60 prostitutes

webfact

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:
6 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Well. if this doesn't convince me that Pattaya is NOT an International World Class Family Resort nothing ever will. I am never going there again and I will warn my family to do likewise. Disgusting!

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Disgusting, oh yes, so disgusting.   No prostitutes in your country, then?

Glad to see you too have a sense of humor!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Arrest the Johns, charge them and if convicted, publish their details including home countries. That will deter the sex tourists.

Why not just leave them alone, they are doing no harm, and go after real criminals, there are plenty of drunken drivers and riders around. Why not spend more time and use more manpower and go after them?      

48 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Section 9. Any person who procures, seduces or takes away any person for the prostitution of such person, even with her or his consent and irrespective of whether the various acts which constitute an offence are committed within or outside the Kingdom, shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of one to ten years and to a fine of twenty thousand to two hundred thousand Baht.

You have misinterpreted that Section.
It refers to Trafficking Laws, as in a person who pays (procures) a (woman or man) to become a prostitute, or seduces one (and then convinces that person to "turn tricks" for them) or a person who offers someone a job somewhere (as a prostitute or other employment) and then forces that person into becoming a prostitute.

So it is illegal to recruit women (or men) to be prostitutes (in Thailand or another country) even if they are willing to do so. 

It is illegal to seduce someone and then make them prostitute themselves for you.

It is illegal to pay someone (i.e. a family member) to gain control over someone with the intent of using that person for prostitution (supposedly a lot of girls in the "soapies" in Bangkok are there because someone "procured" them by giving their families a lot of money in exchange for them taking their daughters and putting them to work in the soapies for a certain period of time - a least a couple of years or more - but of course the families "don't know" what is really happening).

Me too, and can we assume yours was?
Wrong assumption, I'd pick a wife or girlfriend who wasn't on the game, but i have no problem with girls trying to earn a living this way.

Problem is guys have double standards they are in Thailand and have most likely paid for some kind of sexual contact and even worse pay their girlfriend or wife but are hypocrites

2 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Arrested? Forgot to pay tax again?

A lot less crime in Pattaya. No more pickpockets, bag snatchers, necklace snatchers, only pussy snatchers. Cops still need their tea money.

Section 5. 
Any person who, for the purpose of prostitution, solicits, induces, introduces herself or himself to, follows or importunes a person in a street, public place or any other place, which is committed openly and shamelessly or causes nuisance to the public, shall be liable to a fine not exceeding one thousand Baht.

So "Soliciting" is illegal, but "paying for it" isn't apparently.
https://ilo-phuket.com/legal-documents/prostitution.html

It is a good idea to have photos and register the females engaged in selling their booty and talents....in case of any trouble later, much easier to identify by the victim and the police.....seriously, it is a good step, but good luck if this registry is planned for all the women in Thailand renting their charms !!

58 minutes ago, poanoi said:

face it: that only apply to old or otherwise

unattractive men, or dumb, or a combination thereof

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

and don't forget the fat, facial haired, tattooed brigade.

I take it neither of you actually spends much time in any "a-go-go" bar.

If you did you'd notice that there are a lot of "handsum" men in those places who don't appear to fit any of the descriptions you've noted.

(But there are also a lot that do.) 
The fact is, a lot of guys, of every description, like the concept of a "guilt free" sexual encounter that doesn't take 3 weeks of dating, 8 fancy dinners, 10 bouquets of flowers, 4 boxes of chocolates and a weekend at a ski resort (in separate rooms) before finally (maybe) getting laid.
And a lot of guys don't want to get into a relationship and then get dumped 6 months later and find out they've just lost half of everything they ever owned and worked for. 

Prostitution is known as the "oldest" profession for a reason. It's been going on ever since women realized they could get paid for what they used to give away (or had taken) for free. If the world ended tomorrow, then one of the first "professions" that would start up again would be prostitution (if there were any people left that is).

4 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

If you did you'd notice that there are a lot of "handsum" men in those places who don't appear to fit any of the descriptions you've noted.

The fact is, a lot of guys, of every description, like the concept of a "guilt free" sexual encounter that doesn't take 3 weeks of dating, 8 fancy dinners, 10 bouquets of flowers, 4 boxes of chocolates and a weekend at a ski resort (in separate rooms) before finally (maybe) getting laid.
And a lot of guys don't want to get into a relationship and then get dumped 6 months later and find out they've just lost half of everything they ever owned and worked for. 

Prostitution is known as the "oldest" profession for a reason. It's been going on ever since women realized they could get paid for what they used to give away (or had taken) for free. If the world ended tomorrow, then one of the first "professions" that would start up again would be prostitution (if there were any people left that is).

i'm not even uncertain when i state i have been drinking beer in gogo bars more than you ever will, and i know of at least one man that rather skip sex

than risk gonorrhea or any other shit

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Arrest the Johns, charge them and if convicted, publish their details including home countries. That will deter the sex tourists.

What? Empty Pattaya hotels and put everyone in jail? This is a tea money exercise, nothing more.

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"Pattaya police out on Beach Road arrest 60 prostitutes"

so they covered about 50 or 60 meters and then stopped. :cheesy:

Prob got the ones who were not working for the police and cutting into their profits. Oldest trade in the world never stamp it out. Be like the Netherlands when I was there Made the Hookers pay Tax and run it like a business  Cant beat them so gov makes out of them 

Just now, Happyman58 said:

Prob got the ones who were not working for the police and cutting into their profits. Oldest trade in the world never stamp it out. Be like the Netherlands when I was there Made the Hookers pay Tax and run it like a business  Cant beat them so gov makes out of them 

money

9 minutes ago, Belzybob said:

Why don't they clear out the various Eastern European and African club hostesses and whores and leave things clear for the Thai girls....

Why? Everybody loves a bit of variety 

15 minutes ago, poanoi said:

i'm not even uncertain when i state i have been drinking beer in gogo bars more than you ever will, and i know of at least one man that rather skip sex

than risk gonorrhea or any other shit

Yeah, I've only been doing it for 25 years (in Thailand). And of course have never seen "prostitution" in place like Budapest, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Canada, the USA so I would have no idea that only "old, unattractive and/or dumb men" use prostitutes. :dry:

And so you don't use prostitutes because you think you'll catch gonorrhea or "any other shit". LoL. But you've been drinking beer in gogo bars more than I ever will.
Hilarious.

8 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

50% future commission by any chance we have your name and address.

Years ago I met a girl in Pattaya, who told me that she had to stay for weeks with a policeman for free (action) thanks to being nabbed for prostitution. Wonder, whether this is a job benefit of the BiB...

4 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Years ago I met a girl in Pattaya, who told me that she had to stay for weeks with a policeman for free (action) thanks to being nabbed for prostitution. Wonder, whether this is a job benefit of the BiB...

Somchai doing his best to uphold the law

47 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Personally, I am not against prostitution, in fact I think it should be made legal.

Just think of all the rapes there would be if there was no prostitution, mostly by the ugly people

who cannot get laid without paying as us handsome guys can.?

6 hours ago, quandow said:

I often shake my head in wonder when I see parents with a child in a stroller rolling down Walking Street, or hand-in-hand with their 6 year old daughter going up Soi 6.

The Russians don't know this , all they hear from  their Russian travel agency is that Pattaya is a family paradise.  And they do not read English so they wouldnt know better.  

But when they walk past a  ladyboy bar you keep wondering what they will tell theire 6 year old daughter.  "Look at that weird creature, let's buy some ice cream "

Section 10- Any person found guilty under Section 9 who procures any prostitute off of Beach Road Pattaya that weighs in excess of 85 kilos or requires brown bag placed over head of prostitute to complete sex act shall have all penalties doubled.

58 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Yeah, I've only been doing it for 25 years (in Thailand). And of course have never seen "prostitution" in place like Budapest, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Canada, the USA so I would have no idea that only "old, unattractive and/or dumb men" use prostitutes. :dry:

And so you don't use prostitutes because you think you'll catch gonorrhea or "any other shit". LoL. But you've been drinking beer in gogo bars more than I ever will.
Hilarious.

yes: during the 12 years i drank beer in pattaya gogo bars,

i went out nearly every day, only taking a rest when diarrhea

became unbearable and i had to eat norfloxacin a few days,

and drank around 25 bottles every evening.

...and no, i dont 'think i'll catch',

i know from statistic its 50% chance

i rest my case

1 hour ago, poanoi said:

yes: during the 12 years i drank beer in pattaya gogo bars,

i went out nearly every day, only taking a rest when diarrhea

became unbearable and i had to eat norfloxacin a few days,

and drank around 25 bottles every evening.

...and no, i dont 'think i'll catch',

i know from statistic its 50% chance

i rest my case

1 hour ago, poanoi said:

gonorrhea or "any other shit".

That was the least of your problems. Sucking down 110,000 Leos' over 12 years is enough to kill most folks

2 hours ago, balo said:

The Russians don't know this , all they hear from  their Russian travel agency is that Pattaya is a family paradise.  And they do not read English so they wouldnt know better.  

But when they walk past a  ladyboy bar you keep wondering what they will tell theire 6 year old daughter.  "Look at that weird creature, let's buy some ice cream "

Always wondered what was up with that along with the bar girls who think it's a good idea to bring their kids to work everyday?

5 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Always wondered what was up with that along with the bar girls who think it's a good idea to bring their kids to work everyday?

yep, i also find it odd and weird that the children

are being brought up inside a brothel ?

Archived