German allegedly overstayed visa for nine years, 55 others arrested in latest X-Ray Outlaw foreigner raids

webfact

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Do the police conduct their raids by jumping from a parachute ?....all those boys posing and grinning in their black paratrooper uniforms makes, one wonder.. ? ?

There are Airborne courses available to the police, the guy giving the interview and the one on his right have third class, which means they have done static line jumps from an aircraft.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, missoura said:

I am guessing he may have a family, a house and the whole nine yards. Part of me feels sympathy for the man, but he has no one to blame but himself. Sad really.

He could have gotten legal a few years ago, paid the fine, left the country, gotten a visa and then extensions on his return. looks like a 10 year black list

Like to disguise themselves as english teachers.

I suspect it is more a matter of necessity, and they would far prefer to disguise themselves as the idle rich, but lack the means to be convincing.

Edited by HooHaa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

I once visited a uniform making shop in Tapa-Jan, and saw buckets full of badges, insignias and decorations of all shapes colors and purposes lining the floor, apparently, you can decorate yourself to look like a veteran navy seal while pushing a pencil in some office...

youll also need a  heroic  pose  though

Dictator.jpg

• Haha 1

9 years is a good go but not a record. A knew of an individual who with 18 years overstay he gave up. He came up with the 20k and funds for an airline ticket. He went direct to BKK. They keep him overnight to check that he did not have anything else on record. Payed the fine bought the ticket and departed 2014. Over about 4 year I had a few beers with him and even visited his home and met his wife. He lived in an out of the way  village in isaan and the officials and local police knew him. If they knew he was an overstayer or not I cannot say. During his time he even commuted to Bangkok to work by bus. The way I met this person was from a personal friend that who's wife lived in the same village so when we visited him the overstayer happen to drop by. This was before the new laws went into effect and by my info he never returned.

Edited by khwaibah
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, malcoml said:

Not sure you need to live in the shadows as such. I'm a younger guy and only got my passport checked once in 5 years of living there. Given Thai's respect for elders I'm guessing you could go forever without a random check.

6 1/2 years without one. 

Once you know at Chiang Mai Immigration, I saw a very very old guy carried into the office from a tuk tuk they laid him down on the flour. He was there about an hour before any one thought to help him.

He was 91 years old, could not walk.  I left before he was seen. but before I left the office I asked the immigration officer  there what will happen when this guy could not come to immigration any more?

The reply " He must come every year"  I decided then, at that point, in the future if I got like that I would just give up with Immigration runs,over stay just hide out Crazy country

• Like 2

3 hours ago, yellowboat said:

When I think of outlaw, I think of a masked man to steals money

I think BIB.  They were out in force this morning on Suk just after the Ambassador.  I don't know what's come over them - it's no where near the end of the month.  Last week there were two stick-ups in five kilometres.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

These outlaws like to disguise themselves as English teachers. That's easy, arrest all westerners who are wearing a cheap cotton short sleeve shirt, a coffee stained 70 baht Pratunam tie, shiny black polyester slacks, and open sandals with white socks.

yer probably gemans too

30 minutes ago, BimBoon said:

Whilst I am all for Operation illegal foreigners can you please show the same law enforcement tactics for the many drug dealers in my neighborhood please.... Be nice. 

Drug dealers just give the police a cut of the monies and there is no longer a problem with drugs or the dealing of them, I assume. Ever thought about moving areas? 

I wonder how many German's are so proficient in the English language as to be able to teach English ?  If they are so capable,  why would they choose Thailand to practice their skills?

Edited by bumpkin

2 hours ago, greenchair said:

There are a few foreigners that are of the criminal element the overstay their visa. 

Most have thai wives and families to support so teach language  to do that. They don't have the 400000 needed to make a visa...

Fits the Thai definition of 'criminals' and 'undesirables', unfortunately... ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Do the police conduct their raids by jumping from a parachute ?....all those boys posing and grinning in their black paratrooper uniforms makes, one wonder.. ? ?

What is it with all the medals and ribbons? Prince Charles fans do doubt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

I agree. The cost for an extension would have been 1900 baht/year.

Actually it can and does cost more.

in my case around 8000 Baht.

yes and I mean doing it Legally.

for starters  approx 1600 For Stat declaration

allow 2000 Baht for application 

cost of trip to Consulate around 3,00 Baht

of course one can catch Various buses and so on.

I will be 80 by the time my next so long hours on a bus, Baht bus or Tuk Tuk in Bangkok, are not a viable option for me, 

then cost of trip to Immigration  office as well

two days spent on  travel 1 day to Consulate plus basically one day at I/O  

Pretty close to my Estimate at least that is the amount I have budgeted for this year,

No doubt I am going to be flamed and told I could do it Much cheaper   

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lupatria said:

If you were in his shoes, would you start a fight against the "untouchables"?

All these Thai guys in fighting gear and black berets, none of them lookalikes of John Wayne or Audie Murphy,

are they?:cheesy:

2 minutes ago, Ban Phe Dezza said:

Actually it can and does cost more.

in my case around 8000 Baht.

yes and I mean doing it Legally.

for starters  approx 1600 For Stat declaration

allow 2000 Baht for application 

cost of trip to Consulate around 3,00 Baht

of course one can catch Various buses and so on.

I will be 80 by the time my next so long hours on a bus, Baht bus or Tuk Tuk in Bangkok, are not a viable option for me, 

then cost of trip to Immigration  office as well

two days spent on  travel 1 day to Consulate plus basically one day at I/O  

Pretty close to my Estimate at least that is the amount I have budgeted for this year,

No doubt I am going to be flamed and told I could do it Much cheaper   

Well, 8000 in one year is still peanuts. I'm sure some  members are spending this amount in one night at their favourite barstool (barfine included).