Cathay Pacific lands first Airbus A350-1000 at Suvarnabhumi

webfact

Cathay Pacific lands first Airbus A350-1000 at Suvarnabhumi

By The Nation

Cathay Pacific A350-1000 F-WZGV (B-LXA)(15)(Grd-1) TLS (YD)(46)-625x417.jpg

FILE photo

Staff of Cathay Pacific, led by Kendrick Ko, country manager for Thailand and Myanmar, and sales and marketing manager Yongyut Lujintanon welcomed the first of its new Airbus A350-1000 aircraft to Suvarnabhumi Airport this week.

Cathay Pacific is the first airline to land an Airbus A350-1000 in Thailand and was congratulated by Airports of Thailand deputy vice president Kanogwan Kasetsin and customer relations director Anussara Mongsup.

Cathay Pacific’s A350-1000, the largest variant in the A350 family, carries 334 passengers in all seating categories. 

The aircraft offers unparalleled comfort. Economy Class seats feature a larger, higher-definition personal television and an advanced inflight entertainment system and LED mood lighting, along with enhanced Wi-Fi connectivity.

Cathay Pacific will begin flying the A350-1000 to Washington DC on September 15. The aircraft will also serve Madrid, Tel Aviv, Amsterdam, Manchester and Zurich beginning in the winter.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30350003

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-13

13 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Nice

but do they have the most important thing in cattle class ?

Bigger seats !

its nice to fly on quiet planes, with nice inflight entertainment,  up not if your a big fella squashed in a small space

Large plane so likely to have PE class if you want and prepared to pay for for more space.

• Like 1

Sorry but Cathay is now 10 abreast in cattle class on the new aircraft and retrofitting that in the rest of the fleet.

So nice nd shiny jet but gonna be crowded on a 17 hour hop to Washington DC?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, trawler said:

Sorry but Cathay is now 10 abreast in cattle class on the new aircraft and retrofitting that in the rest of the fleet.

So nice nd shiny jet but gonna be crowded on a 17 hour hop to Washington DC?

I dont care if the planes new or  not anymore or  which airline, used to go with Emirates but service slowly declined, now its whoever does the best price in Business after checking seat layout must have lie  flat bed  etc, I managed to pick up a Turkish Air from Bangkok to the Uk £1350 return absolute bargain, last year used Srilankan air which was nice too includes a stay over in their airport hotel if long transit and car at Heathrow if required, Turkish offer the same without the car.

1 hour ago, trawler said:

Does not match data from seatguru:

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Cathay_Pacific_Airways/Cathay_Pacific_Airbus_A350-1000.php

Economy: 9 seats in a row, 3 groups. 32 inch pitch, 18 inch width.

Premium economy: 8 seats in a row, 40 / 20 inch.

Business: 46 angle-flat seats with 180 degree recline

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

It's also over 100 times quieter than any of its industry rivals, this afforded by the unique engineless wings secretly developed by Airbus.

You have a good vision. It took me a few second to realize that on the Thai Visa Photo the plane has no engines. Must be from archives at Airbus in Toulon,  France. Probably the person posting did not realise that either.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

It's also over 100 times quieter than any of its industry rivals, this afforded by the unique engineless wings secretly developed by Airbus.

Sharp eye!

And of course the picture is nowhere near Thailand.

Maybe Toulouse?

I was a passenger on the first ever commercial flight for this aircraft. DOH-LHR.

Lovely plane and very quiet. Thought I preferred the A380 but flown it again since and maybe A350 just pips it. Both miles ahead of B787 though which I find feels cheaply made and poor quality. Inside anyway.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Does not match data from seatguru:

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Cathay_Pacific_Airways/Cathay_Pacific_Airbus_A350-1000.php

Economy: 9 seats in a row, 3 groups. 32 inch pitch, 18 inch width.

Premium economy: 8 seats in a row, 40 / 20 inch.

Business: 46 angle-flat seats with 180 degree recline

Angle-flat seats???   They had to chance to make a world-class interior configuration, and they went with angle-flat?

18 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

Angle-flat seats???   They had to chance to make a world-class interior configuration, and they went with angle-flat?

Standard business class these days, wish I could afford it. Of more interest is that both the Cathay 900 and 100 series have Premium Economy.

PB280448.jpg

6 minutes ago, bdenner said:

Hey! If you are a big "fella" squashed into a small space have a little thought for the small person squashed up next to you.

Not our fault you are over-sized! How about doing us all a favour and upgrading?

Shlt! If I carry an extra kilo of baggage I have to pay = How about you?

I'm 6,1" tall and nearly 16 stone

so big, but not that big

i always go for an aisle seat and lean away from the middle passenger, and never take the armrest from them

it sometimes either the seat will not allow you to move position too much, or if they recline the seat in front, I cannot use the tray or see the tv

so unless your more than 18 stone, I wouldn't be encroaching on your space

why don't you upgrade, then you wouldn't have to sirt with the riffraff in cattle class

but not all of can afford it, or justify the expense

its bad enough paying 50% more for the tickets from Bangkok, instead of from the Uk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Not sure the frequency of A350s on the HKG-BKK route planned by Cathay, but worth keeping an eye out when booking. It really is a nice plane.

100 times more quiet, is that really true?

No engines on the wings - engines are hidden - intriguing, can someone please share how that all works.

Thanks.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 1duckyboy said:

334 passengers will take a while to deplane before they create a logjam at immigration. Sometimes more isn't better. 

I agree, except most of Cathay 777’s carrry more pax than this aircraft. 

3 of the 4 Cathay 777 aircraft types have more seats than the 350-1000.

777–200 (777) 42/293 (335)

777–300 (773) 42/356 (398)  

777–300ER (77G) 40/32/268 (340)

777–300ER (77H) 6/53/34/182 (275)

3 hours ago, moontang said:

Cathay was great, but HK isn't a great way to go to the US from bkk...And I was a bit disappointed in the airport.  Narita  is better, and PEK  can work, too, but Air China?  Not!

The route structure is virtually identical. In order to get to any mainland USA airport, you would either have to go BKK-hkg, then hkg - USA (the routing hkg to USA almost always goes directly past rjaa, rjtt). Or if you go BKK - Japan and then across it would make little difference. You’d have to look at connecting flights and Cathay would have to have some of the best, with 9 flights a day out of BKK alone and multiple flights to a lot of main ports. 

I find both hkg and the Japanese airports very good. I agree with your sentiments on any Chinese carrier, and you can expect massive delays going to Chinese airports. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, wpcoe said:

What’s wrong with “Angle-flat”? They are still flat bed. I believe a lot of business class are the herringbone design or some variant of that.

6 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

The route structure is virtually identical. In order to get to any mainland USA airport, you would either have to go BKK-hkg, then hkg - USA (the routing hkg to USA almost always goes directly past rjaa, rjtt). Or if you go BKK - Japan and then across it would make little difference. You’d have to look at connecting flights and Cathay would have to have some of the best, with 9 flights a day out of BKK alone and multiple flights to a lot of main ports. 

I find both hkg and the Japanese airports very good. I agree with your sentiments on any Chinese carrier, and you can expect massive delays going to Chinese airports. 

flight time might just be minimally longer to HK, but I would rather take a bigger hits out of the trip on the first leg.  I would rather stop in Japan for a few hours than do a non-stop.  18 hour non stops are better for executives on a tight schedule in business class.

New plane, new comfort? Nahh. It'll be seats, seats and more seats. Maybe cunningly designed, but the traveller is in disgusting conditions nevertheless. Give me Business Class on a Biman Bangladesh or Aeroflot aircraft circa 1995 anytime.

They are all <deleted> nowadays. Some a bit less so than others, but <deleted> nevertheless...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ncc1701d said:

What’s wrong with “Angle-flat”? They are still flat bed. I believe a lot of business class are the herringbone design or some variant of that.

NYC-HKG is almost 15 hours. No way I would accept an angle-flat seat in business. Those seats are generally used in shorter regional flights. Almost everyone uses a lie-flat seat for trans-Pacific flights.

Not sure why you added the comment about herringbone layout since it doesn't have anything to do with lie-flat and angle-flat seats.

Edited by JerseytoBKK