'Together Against Trump', thousands protest peacefully in London

rooster59

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

But it's not. That was a rip off from anti-"trump" protest signs in the USA. Y'all don't own humor my Lords.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I never suggested anything otherwise.  I just said "Now THAT is brit. humour at it's best ".

Incidentally, the person holding the placard seems to be of Caribbean descent?  It doesn't matter at all as the placard was very funny, and she's obviously integrated to the extent that she appreciates the brit. humour of under-statement.

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, bristolboy said:

Maybe you believe that the USA is part of the Commonwealth?

I assume you're referring to someone in the US initially holding a placard with this statement?

I'd bet money they are a brit. - as understatement is a staple of brit. humour - not so much american humour.

But please feel free to continue to make your best attempts at insulting me personally ?.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

I assume you're referring to someone in the US initially holding a placard with this statement?

I'd bet money they are a brit. - as understatement is a staple of brit. humour - not so much american humour.

But please feel free to continue to make your best attempts at insulting me personally ?.

Not sure how that was a personal insult. Just pointing out that your original explanation made no sense.

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Maybe you believe that the USA is part of the Commonwealth?

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

Just now, bristolboy said:

Not sure how that was a personal insult. Just pointing out that your original explanation made no sense.

I believe you - your original post "Maybe you believe that the USA is part of the Commonwealth?" - wasn't meant to be insulting ?!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I believe you - your original post "Maybe you believe that the USA is part of the Commonwealth?" - wasn't meant to be insulting ?!

Just trying to come up with a more charitable interpretation than others might invoke. And this is how you repay my kindness!

Apparently there was a pro-Trump rally in London on Saturday in response to the anti-Trump rally on Friday.  Apparently hardly anybody turned up (no surprise there then) and the ones who did just ended up brawling with some getting arrested.  As pathetic as it always is.

8 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Just trying to come up with a more charitable interpretation than others might invoke. And this is how you repay my kindness!

And you continue!  Give it up and accept that insults only hurt the ones using this as an 'argument'....

Edited by dick dasterdly

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:50 AM, The manic said:

FB_IMG_1531586965047.jpg

If you believe that pony, then you are a special kind of stupid!

As I said, we do have free speech in the UK, even if you and the Orange One don't care for it when people use that freedom to criticise him. But there are limits, and if those limits are exceeded then there are legal consequences.

Just two examples:-

Anjem Choudary jailed for five-and-a-half years for urging support of Isis

UK imam who preached support for Isis jailed for six and a half years

Of course, those two, and others, if British citizens by birth cannot be banned from the UK; but hate preachers, suspected terrorists etc. who are not British have been; List of people banned from entering the United Kingdom

The Home Office, a United Kingdom government department, has, from August 2005 to 31 March 2009, excluded 101 individuals from the UK for having "engaged in unacceptable behaviour". Of those, 22 were excluded by then Home Secretary Jacqui Smith between 28 October 2008 and 31 March 2009. On 5 May 2009 Smith publicly "named and shamed" 16 of those individuals.[1] In addition to the sixteen, other people are or have been banned from the United Kingdom...…….

Smith's successor as Home Secretary, Alan Johnson, ended the policy of naming people who are banned from entering Britain.

As can been seen from that list, not all hate preachers are Muslims!

Finally, the people in your propaganda picture are not representative of British Muslims; far more so are those who took back their local mosque from Abu Hamza and his cronies: Finsbury Park Mosque: How religious centre went from 'al-Qaeda guesthouse' to model of moderation

Edit, just noticed the symbol above Trump's left shoulder; FOSP.

It's the logo of the American right wing Freedom of Speech Productions. Odd that an organisation with such a name wishes to restrict the exercising of that right in others!

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Real Christians ( capital C ) don't, but there are not many real Christians around. Getting married in church does not make someone a real Christian.

what is a real christian?

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Removal of children from their parents was done while Obama was president, and the photos of children in cages were from Obama's time as president. I didn't see anyone protesting it then.

Removal of children from parents was not a policy of the Obama administration Only when parents had felony charges pending or convictions was this done. It was very rare.

Under Trump's zero tolerance policy removal of children from parents was the rule.A yuuuge and obvious difference.

16 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Please. Manufacturing is also in the midst of a robotics revolution and automation.Particularly high tech. One of the major points about the ludicrousness of Trumps promise to bring back manufacturing jobs is that the majority of the jobs that were exported couldn't be regained even if those industries came back because technological advances have made those jobs reduntant.

I agree that Trump is wrong about manufacturing jobs for people, as automation is going to devastate the labour market, but why would anyone want illegal immigrants when there will be no work for them?

Surely everyone should be wanting immigration reduced?

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree that Trump is wrong about manufacturing jobs for people, as automation is going to devastate the labour market, but why would anyone want illegal immigrants when there will be no work for them?

so your precious manufacturing workers are gonna pick your tomatoes?? lol

There currently is plenty of work for these immigrants. Are you seriously saying that because automation will be putting people out of work that workers are not needed now?

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

There currently is plenty of work for these immigrants. Are you seriously saying that because automation will be putting people out of work that workers are not needed now?

Loads of people already put out of work by automation. Immigration should be reduced severely now, as many immigrants will become unemployed in the next few years.

You yourself mentioned manufacturing, so you are apparently contradicting yourself by claiming plenty of work in the future.

This is going off topic, so my last reply on the subject.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Loads of people already put out of work by automation. Immigration should be reduced severely now, as many immigrants will become unemployed in the next few years.

You yourself mentioned manufacturing, so you are apparently contradicting yourself by claiming plenty of work in the future.

lol, this is easier than usual! two topics, two bailouts! we're battin 1000!!

Yes if I were you I'd leave too before the going got even worse.

So are you claiming that unemployment is high now? 

Are you claiming that the only work for immigrants is in manfacturing?

Do you believe that the majority of American workers work in manufacturing?

I guess we'll never know the answers.

• Haha 1