Pattaya Court

GeeKay

I recently arrived home to Australia after a torrid Thailand trip. I overstayed my visa in Pattaya by 6 days after I cut my foot and was hospitalised causing me to miss my original flight home. 

Wow I don't recommend ever making that mistake to anyone. After 15 days in Pattaya police cells on Soi 9 I went to court paid the overstay fine and then was shipped to Bangkok for 9 more days in IDC before before being deported and flying home. Anyway it was my own fault but it was a harsh treatment when I had money to buy my ticket and pay the fine but no one would deal with me or even talk to me for long periods.

My real question is has anyone been to and seen the court building in Pattaya? I'm not sure if I was hallucinating from sleep deprivation or it really was true. Inside the building there was a big cage full of weird men like from some cult doing strange exercise type things almost involving self harm.  Was I delusional or was that really happening?  

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Get Real said:

Hmmmm.... My bet would be delusional, but I guess everything is possible.

I'd say it's probably a safe bet but I'm hoping someone can upheld my protest and say it was true.

I definitely was in court and went through the process before being handed down a 3000 baht fine for 6 day overstay. I'm sure outside the actual court room but in another section there were these crazy goings on. If not that was some hallucination.

My real question is has anyone been to and seen the court building in Pattaya?

The only court building I know of in town is the one on Thappraya Road, near to Treetops condo and Grande Carribbean condo. Dont know if it has cells.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

The only court building I know of in town is the one on Thappraya Road, near to Treetops condo and Grande Carribbean condo. Dont know if it has cells.

it will almost certainly have some sort of secure holding areas, The accused, being transported in the caged wagon will not have to sit outside whilst each case is dealt with. There is also the issue of separation according to sex. However I am sure a previous inmate will be along soon to illuminate with their personal experience. 

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

OP you have told half of the story, kindly let us know what else went on.

No problem mate as I said to robblok If you don't mind I'll put on the full story tomorrow. By the way in response to your post believe me I haven't told half the story it's an eyeopener.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robblok said:

The thing is mate, that normally you only get locked up if there is more then a 6 day overstay. I have had friends with a short overstay and they had no problems at all. Usually it happens that you committed an other crime or were grabbed for something else and then they will prosecute as your already someone they don't want here. 

By just giving half the story.. like.. did you have a ticket flying out already (makes a big difference) or no ticket then it looks more that you want to overstay longer. 

Anyway I think its an exception for them to go after a 6 day overstay (might happen, but rare). The usual case is you get involved with the police in a bad way (crime) and then they see your in overstay too.

Well I can tell you you're wrong I'll get around to my story but I'm a little busy now.

I can assure you I didn't commit any crime but I showed my passport to police over another matter. Once they notice you have overstayed do you honestly think they will just let you walk around with no visa until your flight is due to leave or you purchase another ticket? It's straight into lockup you have no visa.

• Thanks 1

I find it hard to understand why you spent 15 days in Soi 9 where they have only holding cells and when normally you would be in court the next day unless you were in over a weekend then you would be in court on the Monday. Then after court you would be transferred or released depending on the outcome.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I spent 4 years dealing with police issues in and out of  Soi 9 and I said "normally" and regarding the court said "released .... depending on outcome". Your outcome did not allow release but many other outcomes do. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oxforddon said:

I spent 4 years dealing with police issues in and out of  Soi 9 and I said "normally" and regarding the court said "released .... depending on outcome". Your outcome did not allow release but many other outcomes do. 

Mate I'm only talking about my outcome and anyone else that is found to overstay. In this case you are subject to deportation there is no other outcome you're not going free you will walked onto the plane by immigration police and it actually means jack-shit if you have a ticket already booked because you are now a deportee and some airlines will not fly you. I don't know what happens to some khatoey that's locked up for hitting someone over the head with his high heels. They can go to court pay their fine and walk free maybe.

On 7/15/2018 at 1:18 PM, GeeKay said:

I recently arrived home to Australia after a torrid Thailand trip. I overstayed my visa in Pattaya by 6 days after I cut my foot and was hospitalised causing me to miss my original flight home

It is a shame that the OP hasn't come back with a better description of what happened, his story may well be true, who knows, however it was totally avoidable and it would have been interesting to know which hospital he was in, as he would have been perfectly entitled to have extended his stay due to medical reasons and any decent hospital would know this and even arrange for it to be done.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mattd said:

It is a shame that the OP hasn't come back with a better description of what happened, his story may well be true, who knows, however it was totally avoidable and it would have been interesting to know which hospital he was in, as he would have been perfectly entitled to have extended his stay due to medical reasons and any decent hospital would know this and even arrange for it to be done.

"however it was totally avoidable". I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't need to be told that... Hindsight is 20 20 vision.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tropo said:

"however it was totally avoidable". I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't need to be told that... Hindsight is 20 20 vision.

True, my point was more knowing which hospital he was in, coz they really should have avoided this, info sharing, so that folks can learn from it.