Pattaya Court

GeeKay

3 hours ago, snowgard said:

I not believe your story!!! You will never been locked in the police station for 15 days. This is complete BS.
The normal time someone is locked in the police monkeyhouse are only 1-2 days ( on weekend). In normal they bring you direct on the next day to the court. So something stink very much about your story.

Have no idea where you getting your facts from but there is no time limits or regulations , as already posted a page ago, you stay locked up until paperwork is prepared to go to court.

1-2 days is if you are lucky, a thai or a tourist caught drunk driving , anything more serious and you can forget about your imaginary 1-2 days .

my last lock up, they were 2 girls , Russian and African , both on overstay, both were there for 12 days prior to my arrival and remained after my departure,, easily 3 weeks and this was not the end.

On the day I got locked up , they brought in a couple , Chinese hubby and Korean wife, 4 days later they were still there and no indication of when they would be facing court. They were caught with 1 joint.

Your life and time spent in the cells entirely hangs in the hands of roywen

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

Have no idea where you getting your facts from but there is no time limits or regulations , as already posted a page ago, you stay locked up until paperwork is prepared to go to court.

1-2 days is if you are lucky, a thai or a tourist caught drunk driving , anything more serious and you can forget about your imaginary 1-2 days .

my last lock up, they were 2 girls , Russian and African , both on overstay, both were there for 12 days prior to my arrival and remained after my departure,, easily 3 weeks and this was not the end.

On the day I got locked up , they brought in a couple , Chinese hubby and Korean wife, 4 days later they were still there and no indication of when they would be facing court. They were caught with 1 joint.

Your life and time spent in the cells entirely hangs in the hands of roywen

But you never locked up so long in the police station Soi 9!!! Maybe at Court or Immigration. 

6 minutes ago, snowgard said:

But you never locked up so long in the police station Soi 9!!! Maybe at Court or Immigration. 

I was locked up long enough and the only reason why I was taken to court was because donation was made to do the paperwork in the middle of the night , yes at 3am roywen came to work to do my papers 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, tropo said:

I overstayed one day myself once. I needed one day and decided to chance it and get it free at the airport. It could have been a costly mistake.

I just wonder how flexible they are if they see you got a ticket booked to leave the country the next day or after 2 days. I guess it depends on the officer. But the chances of getting caught are pretty low. I have almost no contact with the police, just once many years ago when my car crashed. Never been stopped or asked for my passport.

On 7/21/2018 at 9:00 AM, colinneil said:

Not a wind up, get to the airport, pay the overstay bye bye.

Get caught on overstay, get locked up, everybody knows that.

OP was stupid enough to get tourist police involved whilst on overstay, so he got locked up.

Give the guy some slack, he probably is not as smart as you are.

Not every tourist probably none knows the police workings here.

By your own admission did even a smart Aleck like you end up in the police cells.:mfr_closed1:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

I just wonder how flexible they are if they see you got a ticket booked to leave the country the next day or after 2 days. I guess it depends on the officer. But the chances of getting caught are pretty low. I have almost no contact with the police, just once many years ago when my car crashed. Never been stopped or asked for my passport.

Same here, but I was still hoping that the police wouldn't want to see my passport on the one time I was on overstay LOL. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 1:20 PM, GeeKay said:

Ok thank you to those members that understood my reluctance to write the full story due to a few posts that were questioning the validity of my episode. I guess some people think I was making the whole thing up ( I don't know what I would get out of that) I've got enough to do and I'm just glad I got home and out of the situation.

All that in mind I decided not to type the whole saga out on here as it would be a long post and a pretty big effort even though I really only wanted anyone to be mindful if they were ever in the same position.

Just a couple of quick points are my problems didn't occur when I was in hospital that was a just the unfortunate circumstance causing me to miss my flight home. It was days after that when I had a dispute in a bar over my bill and I was not aggressive at all and actually "bit the bullet" and paid in full. Then I happened to see some Tourist Police nearby and asked them for their thoughts on the incident and they agreed to look into and also asked if I had some ID. I always carry my passport and I never thought they would even look to see that my visa had expired 6 days earlier and it was all down hill from there. The bottom line is to anyone don't risk overstaying because it's not worth it if you are forced to show your passport before leaving the country. Contrary to a previous members post I was held for 2 weeks in Soi 9 and then 5 days in a Police cell at Banglamung and then 8 days in IDC in Bangkok. I've never been incarcerated in my life but I consider myself fairly resilient but hell that was something else I don't recommend sleeping on concrete floors with nothing else for 27 days straight and that was only part of the misery.  

I believe you must hve beeen a bit drunk - asking the tourist officer ???

22 hours ago, stud858 said:

Can you post an image of your fine receipt and others. That may silence the critics.

I have no idea what happened to my receipt from paying the fine as once I did so at court I was taken back to Soi 9 and locked up again before being taken to Banglamung police cells for 5 days. You must remember I have no bags or change of clothes or anything except what is on me. However I just noticed in my passport where it was stamped for departure there are some other things in Thai writing and I would imagine the part in red would say I am excluded from entering for 5 years. I'll attach a photo of it.

WIN_20180729_20_13_42_Pro.jpg

8 minutes ago, GeeKay said:

I have no idea what happened to my receipt from paying the fine as once I did so at court I was taken back to Soi 9 and locked up again before being taken to Banglamung police cells for 5 days. You must remember I have no bags or change of clothes or anything except what is on me. However I just noticed in my passport where it was stamped for departure there are some other things in Thai writing and I would imagine the part in red would say I am excluded from entering for 5 years. I'll attach a photo of it.

WIN_20180729_20_13_42_Pro.jpg

Police took the receipt , as you had to show fine was paid and they need it for their records .

i do not have a single receipt from my dealings , including police and court.

all taken by either court or police for their files as evidence of fine/bail being paid.

as silly as it sounds , that’s how it works in this legal jungle 

3 hours ago, BestB said:

Police took the receipt , as you had to show fine was paid and they need it for their records .

i do not have a single receipt from my dealings , including police and court.

all taken by either court or police for their files as evidence of fine/bail being paid.

as silly as it sounds , that’s how it works in this legal jungle 

Ok that makes some sense so much as everything that happened is hard to remember I was in quite a state of sleep deprivation.

You mentioned you do not have a single receipt from your dealings , including police and court. I have to ask you did you go through a similar episode as mine? 

12 minutes ago, GeeKay said:

Ok that makes some sense so much as everything that happened is hard to remember I was in quite a state of sleep deprivation.

You mentioned you do not have a single receipt from your dealings , including police and court. I have to ask you did you go through a similar episode as mine? 

No, my thing not overstay. But went through the entire saga and have been helping others in similar situation , this is why very familiar with how this madness works , lol

for court bail, they give you blue booklet with all the info and your case number for the weekly sign ins. Once all done , they even take that as proof for their files , you get nothing , not even a paper stating you fulfilled bail conditions 

3 hours ago, BestB said:

No, my thing not overstay. But went through the entire saga and have been helping others in similar situation , this is why very familiar with how this madness works , lol

for court bail, they give you blue booklet with all the info and your case number for the weekly sign ins. Once all done , they even take that as proof for their files , you get nothing , not even a paper stating you fulfilled bail conditions 

Mate I take my hat off to you if you are helping people in such difficult situations.

I could have done with someone like you in my corner even though somehow I managed to weave some magic on my own. If I was a bit younger I certainly would not have fancied my chances in that environment because on leaving Soi 9 I became aware the police had stolen my pair of new Nike Air max runners and also my jeans with all my credit cards and some cash in the pockets.

4 minutes ago, GeeKay said:

Mate I take my hat off to you if you are helping people in such difficult situations.

I could have done with someone like you in my corner even though somehow I managed to weave some magic on my own. If I was a bit younger I certainly would not have fancied my chances in that environment because on leaving Soi 9 I became aware the police had stolen my pair of new Nike Air max runners and also my jeans with all my credit cards and some cash in the pockets.

Sad reality is thailand lock up is nothing like the West with rules or regulations. They do not feed you or give you water, do not care if you sick or unwell.

if you alone, without a thai coming to visit you or there to speak on your behalf , they care even less and as you said , all your stuff goes missing.

cells itself is worse than a dog house, though personal safety wise I would say a lot safer than the West .

glad to hear you back home and safe, my legal troubles are not over yet so i am yet to experience more of this madness?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BestB said:

Sad reality is thailand lock up is nothing like the West with rules or regulations. They do not feed you or give you water, do not care if you sick or unwell.

if you alone, without a thai coming to visit you or there to speak on your behalf , they care even less and as you said , all your stuff goes missing.

You know your stuff I was in an amazing predicament in Soi 9 cells because I was alone in Thailand so for the first 3 days I had no food or water and the only way for inmates to get anything was to have a visitor pass them something once a day during a short visiting period.

Fortunately other inmates realised my situation and shared their things with me mainly water was what I needed because I'd actually begun drinking from the filthy tap in my cell. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeeKay said:

You know your stuff I was in an amazing predicament in Soi 9 cells because I was alone in Thailand so for the first 3 days I had no food or water and the only way for inmates to get anything was to have a visitor pass them something once a day during a short visiting period.

Fortunately other inmates realised my situation and shared their things with me mainly water was what I needed because I'd actually begun drinking from the filthy tap in my cell. 

Thats spot on, the only way for someone to survive is if someone brings food and drinks, Amazingly everyone who is locked up shares everything they get.

And also just as amazing or weird, but everyone kind of sticks together, i actually made lots of friends while locked up.

Its definitely an experience to remember  and when looking back, makes you think, how the hell did i survive??

12 hours ago, BestB said:

Thats spot on, the only way for someone to survive is if someone brings food and drinks, Amazingly everyone who is locked up shares everything they get.

And also just as amazing or weird, but everyone kind of sticks together, i actually made lots of friends while locked up.

Its definitely an experience to remember  and when looking back, makes you think, how the hell did i survive??

Yes well I think I was in shock as much as anything because I've never been in any trouble before so certainly never incarcerated. As I stated I was initially in Pattaya Police station cells at Soi 9 or whatever they call it. If you asked me it's right on beach road  but I'm guessing Soi 9 is there somewhere as a side street. I was then taken to Banglamung Police station for about 5 days before being sent to IDC in Bangkok for about 8 nights before I managed to organise my deportation.

I'm interested to know if you were in any of those lock ups or seen them firsthand. It's correct what you said about other inmates sharing which I found happened to me at Soi 9.

Another thing that happened was a volunteer group of Westerners came one particular day with some food and water they were called handtohand. By this stage the cut on my foot had become quite infected due to the atrocious conditions. The lady from hand to hand tried to clean it but there wasn't much she could do with her limited resources. I managed to pass a gentleman name Brian my email address and we have had some correspondence since my return. Below is part of an email he sent to me................................................

"I am pleased to hear that you made it home eventually and safely in the end.  Margie is pleased to hear that we were of some help to you.  We try to visit the soi 9  and Banglamung prisons twice a week well aware of the horrific conditions that the inmates face.

We just try to bring some relief with the water and bread and jam sandwiches that we bring. First aid is nearly always required by someone but yours was a worry to us. The infection didn't look to good and with what we have all we could really do was prayer for God's healing protection for you.

I really appreciate your letting us know how things have turned out.  Most of the time we don't get any feedback.  We just keep believing that we are doing what we have been called to do and that somehow peoples lives are changed.

All the very best to you from all of us here at Hand to Hand. God bless you and your family.

Brian"

Edited by GeeKay
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GeeKay said:

Yes well I think I was in shock as much as anything because I've never been in any trouble before so certainly never incarcerated. As I stated I was initially in Pattaya Police station cells at Soi 9 or whatever they call it. If you asked me it's right on beach road  but I'm guessing Soi 9 is there somewhere as a side street. I was then taken to Banglamung Police station for about 5 days before being sent to IDC in Bangkok for about 8 nights before I managed to organise my deportation.

I'm interested to know if you were in any of those lock ups or seen them firsthand. It's correct what you said about other inmates sharing which I found happened to me at Soi 9.

Another thing that happened was a volunteer group of Westerners came one particular day with some food and water they were called handtohand. By this stage the cut on my foot had become quite infected due to the atrocious conditions. The lady from hand to hand tried to clean it but there wasn't much she could do with her limited resources. I managed to pass a gentleman name Brian my email address and we have had some correspondence since my return. Below is part of an email he sent to me................................................

"I am pleased to hear that you made it home eventually and safely in the end.  Margie is pleased to hear that we were of some help to you.  We try to visit the soi 9  and Banglamung prisons twice a week well aware of the horrific conditions that the inmates face.

We just try to bring some relief with the water and bread and jam sandwiches that we bring. First aid is nearly always required by someone but yours was a worry to us. The infection didn't look to good and with what we have all we could really do was prayer for God's healing protection for you.

I really appreciate your letting us know how things have turned out.  Most of the time we don't get any feedback.  We just keep believing that we are doing what we have been called to do and that somehow peoples lives are changed.

All the very best to you from all of us here at Hand to Hand. God bless you and your family.

Brian"

I was in Soi 9 cells and yes inmates share the food and drinks it’s an unspoken rule. Whenever someone has a visitor , you would order double or triple of everything to go around to share.

Hand to hand operates out of south Pattaya , based in suksabai villa.?

3 hours ago, BestB said:

I was in Soi 9 cells and yes inmates share the food and drinks it’s an unspoken rule. Whenever someone has a visitor , you would order double or triple of everything to go around to share.

Hand to hand operates out of south Pattaya , based in suksabai villa.?

Righto so you've been in the Soi 9 cells. I am still having nightmares about that place I took up residence in the first cell right near the entrance and where all the visitors come to the window. You would know where I mean as you walk in towards the cells its the first one on the right facing the other way. I preferred sleeping in there because I was on my own and even though I had nothing to sleep on except concrete I could just curl up against the wall.

Incredibly the cell had a whole pool of water and whatever else in the middle so I could only sleep on the outside of that. I still can't believe the conditions I endured. On one occasion when some of the hierarchy of the police made their daily inspection they locked me out of that cell because one of the coppers decided it was too putrid which was hard to believe he would even give a care . Somehow I had them unlock it again and found some rags and soaked up all the piss and water and wrang it out over the hole in the ground toilet. I dried the whole cell and I was starting to think "wow I'm getting a little too used to living here". I even yelled out to the other inmates that I was living in 5 star in my own apartment while they were all crammed together. Amazingly near my toilet where the tap was to fill up the big plastic barrel used as the shower I had to do some plumbing work with a rolled up plastic bag otherwise the water went everywhere. Also I had to turn it on or off I can't quite remember to enable the other cells to use their water at different times.

I'm even finding it hard to believe my story but I'm adamant it's all true.  

17 minutes ago, GeeKay said:

Righto so you've been in the Soi 9 cells. I am still having nightmares about that place I took up residence in the first cell right near the entrance and where all the visitors come to the window. You would know where I mean as you walk in towards the cells its the first one on the right facing the other way. I preferred sleeping in there because I was on my own and even though I had nothing to sleep on except concrete I could just curl up against the wall.

Incredibly the cell had a whole pool of water and whatever else in the middle so I could only sleep on the outside of that. I still can't believe the conditions I endured. On one occasion when some of the hierarchy of the police made their daily inspection they locked me out of that cell because one of the coppers decided it was too putrid which was hard to believe he would even give a care . Somehow I had them unlock it again and found some rags and soaked up all the piss and water and wrang it out over the hole in the ground toilet. I dried the whole cell and I was starting to think "wow I'm getting a little too used to living here". I even yelled out to the other inmates that I was living in 5 star in my own apartment while they were all crammed together. Amazingly near my toilet where the tap was to fill up the big plastic barrel used as the shower I had to do some plumbing work with a rolled up plastic bag otherwise the water went everywhere. Also I had to turn it on or off I can't quite remember to enable the other cells to use their water at different times.

I'm even finding it hard to believe my story but I'm adamant it's all true.  

Lol, it’s all true . The cell you chose is actually “ bosses” private shower and toilet .

”boss” is a tallish guy with tats all over his back.

that cell is the only one with running water and half decent toilet. Girls cell also has a usable shower and toilet. All other cells are for hybornating .

and yes surreal yet totally real

40 minutes ago, BestB said:

Lol, it’s all true . The cell you chose is actually “ bosses” private shower and toilet .

that cell is the only one with running water and half decent toilet. Girls cell also has a usable shower and toilet. All other cells are for hybornating .

What were you done for?

3 hours ago, BestB said:

I'm note sure if that boss guy was there but like I've said I was fairly wiped out by lack of sleep and I actually went a bit mad one day in there after coming back from court. There was a guy that seemed to be in charge I'm sure they were calling him Mr Hong Kong but he wasn't from Hong Kong I don't think. He had tattoos all over him and was quite fit he was good at fixing the tap though with the plastic bag lol.

5 hours ago, seasia said:

Yes

Incredible.

Amazing you both got thru it.

Fascinating ( and scary ) read.

Yeh it's only bits and pieces of my story which is easier than the whole thing that would take forever to write.

After everything I went through at Soi 9 I then spent 5 days at Banglamung police cells which was another unbelievable experience. I was locked in a cell once again with no bedding or pillows just cold concrete floor but this time with me in my locked cell were 5 young Cambodians.

Now get this these guys were smoking meth in the cell and they were getting it from a guy who worked in the station that delivered the food. Yes you heard me right this hell hole actually provided food if you would call it that which was only fair considering they were providing methamphetamine. You can imagine whats going through my head now I'm thinking this will be the ultimate downfall if they decide to do a urine test on all of us I'm going to be positive as well due to second hand smoke.

Back to the food for a minute it was little packets of boiled rice with about 2 strands of onion on top an absolute delight especially watching us all eat with our hands. They served twice a day at this place a real dream come true in fact I'm forever watching my weight and restricting carbs so I was starting to think I'll get fat lol. Whenever there was an extra packet I claimed it and told them they shouldn't be hungry anyway smoking "ice" all day. In all seriousness I started doing push ups regularly which I always do at home and there wasn't much else to do I'm not up to speed with Cambodian current affairs.

I don't care if people don't believe the story because I know there are people on here that are aware of this situation now in Thailand. However I do need to point out I am a very normal guy and I don't care what some people say on that score I know this can happen to anyone. I do business in Hong Kong and Singapore and have been to Thailand over 20 times often on my way home to Australia. I would say in that time I have flown Thai Airways Business Class at least 10 times and First class 3 times. The point is it's not a story about some broke expat trying to beat the immigration system. I made a mistake by staying a little longer after missing my flight because I cut my foot and to be honest I have done it once before and just paid the 500 baht per day when I got to the airport immigration they just took me in an office and processed the whole thing in minutes.

I understand they need to toughen their stance on this stuff but I wasn't entitled to be treated like an animal in my opinion.

image.png.18577e1e91cde6d7de4ce707528a8325.png

• Like 2