Pattaya Court

GeeKay

4 minutes ago, GeeKay said:

Yeh it's only bits and pieces of my story which is easier than the whole thing that would take forever to write.

After everything I went through at Soi 9 I then spent 5 days at Banglamung police cells which was another unbelievable experience. I was locked in a cell once again with no bedding or pillows just cold concrete floor but this time with me in my locked cell were 5 young Cambodians.

Now get this these guys were smoking meth in the cell and they were getting it from a guy who worked in the station that delivered the food. Yes you heard me right this hell hole actually provided food if you would call it that which was only fair considering they were providing methamphetamine. You can imagine whats going through my head now I'm thinking this will be the ultimate downfall if they decide to do a urine test on all of us I'm going to be positive as well due to second hand smoke.

Back to the food for a minute it was little packets of boiled rice with about 2 strands of onion on top an absolute delight especially watching us all eat with our hands. They served twice a day at this place a real dream come true in fact I'm forever watching my weight and restricting carbs so I was starting to think I'll get fat lol. Whenever there was an extra packet I claimed it and told them they shouldn't be hungry anyway smoking "ice" all day. In all seriousness I started doing push ups regularly which I always do at home and there wasn't much else to do I'm not up to speed with Cambodian current affairs.

I don't care if people don't believe the story because I know there are people on here that are aware of this situation now in Thailand. However I do need to point out I am a very normal guy and I don't care what some people say on that score I know this can happen to anyone. I do business in Hong Kong and Singapore and have been to Thailand over 20 times often on my way home to Australia. I would say in that time I have flown Thai Airways Business Class at least 10 times and First class 3 times. The point is it's not a story about some broke expat trying to beat the immigration system. I made a mistake by staying a little longer after missing my flight because I cut my foot and to be honest I have done it once before and just paid the 500 baht per day when I got to the airport immigration they just took me in an office and processed the whole thing in minutes.

I understand they need to toughen their stance on this stuff but I wasn't entitled to be treated like an animal in my opinion.

image.png.18577e1e91cde6d7de4ce707528a8325.png

The mistake wasn’t just overstaying due to your foot injury. It was not attempting to get an extension at any time and going’s out on the piss and attracting interest from the Police. 

I do not disbelieve your story as you seem a genuine guy but you have to accept that you made a gross error in judgement too. 

This is Thailand. I’m sure your jail experience was a prolonged and unpleasant one, but I fail to see from what I’ve read how you was treated like an animal. Maybe I’ve missed something. 

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

The mistake wasn’t just overstaying due to your foot injury. It was not attempting to get an extension at any time and going’s out on the piss and attracting interest from the Police. 

I do not disbelieve your story as you seem a genuine guy but you have to accept that you made a gross error in judgement too. 

This is Thailand. I’m sure your jail experience was a prolonged and unpleasant one, but I fail to see from what I’ve read how you was treated like an animal. Maybe I’ve missed something. 

No you are right mate I wasn't treated like an animal. 

There is no where that an animal can be locked in a cage legally and not given food or water for 15 days so I rescind my statement. I was treated worse than an animal.

Everyone has got their right to an opinion but I've had a gutful of trying to help anyone out that could ever think of risking themselves going through this. I don't get any thrill out typing away writing about this misery.

To say part of my mistake was to go out and have a drink? Well maybe I don't drink like you and carry on like a pork chop. Oh and maybe I don't take kindly to being ripped off blind by some monkey running a bar and if you haven't seen that happen than you definitely don't handle your drink well.

As I've said before I didn't cause a big stir and I paid my bill however I wasn't aware that Tourist Police would be interested in my visa date when all they asked for was some ID. So I could have given them a drivers licence yet when I gave them my passport they thought they might just go through it page by page.

Nobody called them to get involved I'd left the bar and just thought I'd have a chat with them to see if I had any recourse.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Get yourself caught drunk driving , spend one night in the cells and you will see and understand .

cell is shared by as many as are caught or detained, 50, 70 people. Cell is no bigger than 3x3, shared by 20 or do people .

no food, no water, no toilet paper , toilet is s hole in the middle of the room, no bed, no mattress, no pillow,

sleeping on the concrete floor, which never gets washed.

Tiny window, 100 year old ceiling fan which hardly works.

get the picture a little?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GeeKay said:

I'm note sure if that boss guy was there but like I've said I was fairly wiped out by lack of sleep and I actually went a bit mad one day in there after coming back from court. There was a guy that seemed to be in charge I'm sure they were calling him Mr Hong Kong but he wasn't from Hong Kong I don't think. He had tattoos all over him and was quite fit he was good at fixing the tap though with the plastic bag lol.

That’s him, Hong Thong, as in the Thai whisky?

Was our nightly “doze of coke”

now wity him, I still do not get the full story. He was a big drug runner , but never got transferre d to jail , just serving his sentence in Soi 9 cells.

was his gf still there ? She is a young girl with a great ass and usually showered in the cell you stayed.

3 hours ago, BestB said:

was his gf still there ? She is a young girl with a great ass and usually showered in the cell you stayed.

After the way you've described her do I even need to answer that question? Mate this was the episode from hell there were no nice stories like that to tell. I'm picturing the thought of her appearing and showering in my cell now I might have asked for an extension. ( Of time served I mean not my private part).

As for Mr Hong Thong I believe I saw him at IDC when I was leaving. I was out of the room/cell I was staying block 7 I think and down stairs in the common area and he was walking past in a group and he yelled out hello to me. I'm positive it was Mr Hong Thong himself. Still no gf unfortunately though lol.

I have to edit this because it does not make sense even to me. If Mr Hong Thong was a Thai there is no way he would be in IDC?  Maybe it was someone else there's a fair chance I've gone crazy I think.

Edited by GeeKay

21 minutes ago, GeeKay said:

After the way you've described her do I even need to answer that question? Mate this was the episode from hell there were no nice stories like that to tell. I'm picturing the thought of her appearing and showering in my cell now I might have asked for an extension. ( Of time served I mean not my private part).

As for Mr Hong Thong I believe I saw him at IDC when I was leaving. I was out of the room/cell I was staying block 7 I think and down stairs in the common area and he was walking past in a group and he yelled out hello to me. I'm positive it was Mr Hong Thong himself. Still no gf unfortunately though lol.

I have to edit this because it does not make sense even to me. If Mr Hong Thong was a Thai there is no way he would be in IDC?  Maybe it was someone else there's a fair chance I've gone crazy I think.

Pretty sure you confused, after 2 days of not knowing if day or night, time of day, brain starts to go a little . 

For me it it was easier as I had people visiting me , for you I can only imagine the nightmare and frustration of not even knowing what to expect , when, why or what .

seriously give yourself a pat on the shoulder , it’s an absolute nightmare to go through alone with no one to assist in a country like Thailand 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BestB said:

Pretty sure you confused, after 2 days of not knowing if day or night, time of day, brain starts to go a little . 

For me it it was easier as I had people visiting me , for you I can only imagine the nightmare and frustration of not even knowing what to expect , when, why or what .

seriously give yourself a pat on the shoulder , it’s an absolute nightmare to go through alone with no one to assist in a country like Thailand 

Thanks for those words but I can't really give myself a pat anywhere after putting myself in that position.

I hope you don't mind this extended conversation with me but it's so refreshing to hear from someone like you that knows what goes on. The reason I say that is because as you can imagine it was all a blur at some points and I really would like to work out what happened or what may have been hallucinations.

• Like 1

Just now, GeeKay said:

Thanks for those words but I can't really give myself a pat anywhere after putting myself in that position.

I hope you don't mind this extended conversation with me but it's so refreshing to hear from someone like you that knows what goes on. The reason I say that is because as you can imagine it was all a blur at some points and I really would like to work out what happened or what may have been hallucinations.

To put your mind at rest, it all happened even though it’s hard to believe.

Thing is everyone makes mistakes and surely there are consequences . Problem is in Thailand punishment does not fit the crime.

did you deserve to get punished for overstaying ? Sure , but did you deserve to be locked up in general population with no food, water or any basic necessities ? Of course not.

You should have access to basic medical care, legal assistance to say the least.

one thing is being a hardcore criminal, drug runner or rapist or killer and another an overstay of few days, no one got hurt, no one was killed, injured or suffered any discomfort by your few day overstay 

3 hours ago, BestB said:

To put your mind at rest, it all happened even though it’s hard to believe.

Thing is everyone makes mistakes and surely there are consequences . Problem is in Thailand punishment does not fit the crime.

did you deserve to get punished for overstaying ? Sure , but did you deserve to be locked up in general population with no food, water or any basic necessities ? Of course not.

You should have access to basic medical care, legal assistance to say the least.

one thing is being a hardcore criminal, drug runner or rapist or killer and another an overstay of few days, no one got hurt, no one was killed, injured or suffered any discomfort by your few day overstay 

Agreed. Now can I ask  which court I would have been to? Was it the provincial court and have you been there?

4 minutes ago, GeeKay said:

Agreed. Now can I ask  which court I would have been to? Was it the provincial court and have you been there?

This i could not tell you, either one on Pratumnak Hill or one in HuaYai, i am thinking the first one.

Did they bring you in from the side in the back? Had to take off your shoes, then right in front was processing office and to the right is where you saw the cell with people doing weird stuff? If thats the one, then its the Provincial on Pratumnak Hill.

3 hours ago, BestB said:

This i could not tell you, either one on Pratumnak Hill or one in HuaYai, i am thinking the first one.

Did they bring you in from the side in the back? Had to take off your shoes, then right in front was processing office and to the right is where you saw the cell with people doing weird stuff? If thats the one, then its the Provincial on Pratumnak Hill.

I can vaguely remember coming in from the side just a road next to the building. It was fairly low key I was with one other person and we weren't handcuffed. Never was I required to take off my shoes and there were a lot of people around. We went through to an area where we had small rooms to sit in with table and chairs. Then the actual court room was quite full and the magistrate a woman was right up the front on a kind of stage set up with a security type barriers. I had to go to the front and hear my stuff at one stage and fortunately I had a translator because finally on the 2nd week of my time in Soi9 my friend that works in the hotel I always stay at found me in jail. The hotel put 2 and 2 together because all my belongings were in my room and I just disappeared. It sounds like I was at  the Provincial Court on Pratumnak Hill.

After my case was finished we walked back through the building to the front and I firmly believe that cell I spoke about was nearby. I really need to find out if I was hallucinating because there was a big cell with all these guys I'm sure someone said they were some types of monks but they were white guys all shaved heads and tattoos. This is more than likely some psychotic episode but it seems so real.

3 minutes ago, GeeKay said:

I can vaguely remember coming in from the side just a road next to the building. It was fairly low key I was with one other person and we weren't handcuffed. Never was I required to take off my shoes and there were a lot of people around. We went through to an area where we had small rooms to sit in with table and chairs. Then the actual court room was quite full and the magistrate a woman was right up the front on a kind of stage set up with a security type barriers. I had to go to the front and hear my stuff at one stage and fortunately I had a translator because finally on the 2nd week of my time in Soi9 my friend that works in the hotel I always stay at found me in jail. The hotel put 2 and 2 together because all my belongings were in my room and I just disappeared. It sounds like I was at  the Provincial Court on Pratumnak Hill.

After my case was finished we walked back through the building to the front and I firmly believe that cell I spoke about was nearby. I really need to find out if I was hallucinating because there was a big cell with all these guys I'm sure someone said they were some types of monks but they were white guys all shaved heads and tattoos. This is more than likely some psychotic episode but it seems so real.

hard to say, i have not been to HuaYai court so no idea 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2018 at 10:58 PM, snowgard said:

I not believe your story!!! You will never been locked in the police station for 15 days. This is complete BS.
The normal time someone is locked in the police monkeyhouse are only 1-2 days ( on weekend). In normal they bring you direct on the next day to the court. So something stink very much about your story.

I've only just logged on a read a few older posts. I won't get in an argument with you Peanut I can't write in broken English.

59 minutes ago, GeeKay said:

The normal time someone is locked in the police monkeyhouse are only 1-2 days ( on weekend). In normal they bring you direct on the next day to the court.

I've heard that is usual too from people who went in.

13 hours ago, stud858 said:

I've heard that is usual too from people who went in.

You're quote is indicating it's replying to my quote. That isn't my quote and it's a load of bullshit from someone who has never been in the situation.

42 minutes ago, GeeKay said:

You're quote is indicating it's replying to my quote. That isn't my quote and it's a load of bullshit from someone who has never been in the situation.

Yes, you are right. I apologize and it was not my intention. The quote reference source is automatically added by the website. 

Note for Webmaster

I hope the webmaster can change it so partial texts are tagged with the correct author.

Next time I will add a note saying who quoted when copying a quote from a reply.

• Thanks 1