When is a child not a child?

eyecatcher

Kid = under 18 or so by law, no? If you want to define it otherwise you should have done so (like the airlines you mention). Hopefully you didn't annoy them too much with your attempt to withdraw your offer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, taotoo said:

Kid = under 18 or so by law, no? If you want to define it otherwise you should have done so (like the airlines you mention). Hopefully you didn't annoy them too much with your attempt to withdraw your offer.

There was no attempt to withdraw the offer, I am far too long in the tooth to know the value of any customer no matter how cheap, but as I say after 7 years it tells you that most people would be reasonable and understand when their child needs a childs portion and to be honest it seems more than pedantic for someone to try it on and also for us to be talking about creating a new rule.

FAQ - AirTickets

Which are the age group categories of the passengers for the airline companies? 

•    Adult passengers are considered to be from the age of 12 and older.

Should clear up for the most of the tourists who come by air!

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Personally, I think the OP is taking a great risk by allowing young children to be massaged. Wide often for exploitation if any parents shout; inappropriate touching!

I would not allow children under the age of 16, unless being massaged in the company of a parent or asked to see ID cards to prove they are over 15.

Up to the OP, but I wouldn`t take the risk.

You are correct, and this was something we both insisted on from day 1; we also limit children to foot massages and a very limited Thai massage only with the family present and no curtains. I take your point anyway.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Do you charge extra for xxx cm and xxx kg? 

This afternoon I started welding together a new massage table, no really.....because I am balled off with me having to go and repair the wooden bed after xxkg customers have been on their together with our xxkg therapists.

My latest instruction were.....ok if we get a group in, choose the smallest customer and send the smallest customer to do the job!!

to answer your question, no we don't, but its very very noticeable how much extra oil is needed on a fatarse(xxxkg)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hummin said:

FAQ - AirTickets

Which are the age group categories of the passengers for the airline companies? 

•    Adult passengers are considered to be from the age of 12 and older.

Should clear up for the most of the tourists who come by air!

for what reason are they clarifying this..... A child no matter what age is charged full price if they occupy a seat.....aren't they?

50 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

for what reason are they clarifying this..... A child no matter what age is charged full price if they occupy a seat.....aren't they?

Good question and yes same price for the seat most of the routes and with the different airlines. Slightly differences. Buss and train is 16 year, and some amusements parks it is 15 years, or above 140 cm. I guess you just have to see what others do, and find your own solution to your question. It is easy to piss off some potential good regualar customers with an unlucky approach with your pricing. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, taotoo said:

Then I'm not sure why you started telling them about airlines etc.

well, that was me sounding off to the wife on a secondhand conversation, as you do, without knowing the full facts, but she contacted me because she was taken aback as well which is very surprising for her.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:49 PM, NanLaew said:

A lot of parks, aquariums and other tourist attractions define the child's eligibility by height and have a simple ruler marked against the wall at the payment point. Seems to work for places that predominately have Thai families visiting and saves fart-arsing around with ID cards and the like.

Don't mention the height rule! The parents will be hacking their kids legs off at the knee to get a 5 Baht discount.

If we look on to be old enough to have sex, the law here says sixteen (If it is not about having sex with a farrang, then it is 18). But as I see it, you can do like everyone else. You decide what you think is a child when coming to your company.

22 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

A child no matter what age is charged full price if they occupy a seat.....aren't they?

No.  Child fares are less than adult fares and the child occupies a seat, except for babies, don't know about how that works.  Perhaps not all airlines but the 3 I use regularly are and have been this way for many years.

It is for the business to determine what age they consider a child to become adult.  People under 18 are to varying degrees treated as "children" - for example they cant get credit cards in most countries.  Though my children are now fully grown I would have expected the discount to apply to a 15 year old unless it stated otherwise because at that age they are not working and have no other income to support them.  If the sign said children under 12 then that would be fine but if it just said children then I considered them children as long as they were still at school

i feel sorry for your poor wife. clearly, she does all the heavy lifting.  does someone with a small foot or small bum pay differently than someone with a large foot or large bum?  like they say, small minds run small businesses. when you're wife wants to work less and make more have her send me a message.