Cabinet retreat in NEast ‘not part of an attempt to build political alliance ahead of election’, govt figures insist

snoop1130

Cabinet retreat in NEast ‘not part of an attempt to build political alliance ahead of election’, govt figures insist

By The Nation

21e41ac12cb3048966052bb34e6eb459.jpeg

File photo

Amid alleged attempts to woo former MPs into a pro-Prayut party’s fold, government figures on Monday rejected suspicion that the Cabinet retreat in the Northeast early next week was part of the bid to build up a political alliance ahead of the next general election.

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said the mobile Cabinet meeting in Ubon Ratchathani and Amnat Charoen was aimed at hearing opinions from local residents regarding development in their area.

“This has nothing to do with wooing politicians at all,” Wissanu insisted.

He also said that he had not heard of any move to mobilise local residents and politicians to welcome Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.

General Prayut, who also heads the ruling junta National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), on Monday refused to answer a Government House reporter’s question as to whether the upcoming Cabinet retreat was politically motivated. 

The next mobile Cabinet meeting is scheduled for July 23-24 in Ubon Ratchathani and Amnat Charoen.

The meeting’s original venue was the northern provinces of Chiang Rai and Phayao, but the Cabinet decided to move it to the Northeast because local officials in Chiang Rai had worked hard for many days in the operation to rescue the 12 young footballers and their assistant coach trapped in the Tham Luang cave, according to PM’s Office Minister Kobsak Pootrakool.

Former Chiang Rai governor Narongsak Osottanakorn, who headed the rescue operation, has now become governor of neighbouring Phayao province.

Kobsak also denied any political motivation for the Cabinet to choose Ubon Ratchathani and Amnat Charoen as their mobile meeting’s venue. 

He said the allegation linking the retreat with ongoing moves by the pro-Prayut Palang Pracharat Party was “untrue”.

A group of political veterans calling themselves “Sam Mit” (Three Friends) are touring the Northeast to meet with former MPs and local red-shirt leaders. 

Critics and fellow politicians from established parties have accused the group of wooing ex-MPs to defect to Palang Pracharat, which plans to nominate Prayut as its prime ministerial candidate in the next general election.

Sam Mit has met with many red-shirt leaders in more than 10 northeastern provinces, according to former Nakhon Ratchasima MP Pirom Polwiset, who is the group’s secretary.

He said Sam Mit was aiming to help bring about reconciliation by reaching out to all political groups involved in the political conflict in the past, particularly the red shirts.

Pirom said supporters of the red-shirt umbrella group United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) formed the majority of people in the Northeast and his group wanted to share views with their leaders.

“We met with UDD leaders in more than 10 provinces and they gave us a warm welcome,” he said.

Sam Mit would hold a meeting with UDD people as soon as the NCPO gives permission, Pirom said, adding that he expected more than 500 red-shirt people to attend that meeting.

The former MP also dismissed an allegation that Sam Mit was wooing former MPs into its fold. “We just ask for their views and thoughts,” he said, adding that his group now has “almost 200 members”.

Core UDD leader Nattawut Saikua on Monday wished the defecting red-shirt leaders good luck.

“We are still friends but politically, we need to part ways now,” he said.

Nattawut added that voters often gave “painful lessons” to politicians who “turned their back on the democratic movement to join a dictatorship”.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30350181

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-7-16

Of course not. But if it was, would he say so? Of course not, so the whole article is pointless fluff, whose only objective is to keep his bloody name in the papers.

It's depressing how low these thugs will bend.

• Like 1

When you don't believe this one, I will tell you another tale... LOL!

One can be an hypocrite without being a liar, but congrats, you won gold in both categories. Sadly, for you, it won't make 1st page news, as that is your tiring, boring, daily routine.

Please, do wake us all up, in total surprise, ...telling some meaningfull TRUTH about the country you are shamelessly abusing, ...for the next 20 years, it seems!

• Thanks 1

Just now, ratcatcher said:

image.jpeg.b1fa79eb2c6fcbef5ac086ca8f460c77.jpegpray1.jpg.af134b8ca434b6dfd903391e94c44394.jpg

Thank you, so much, 'ratcatcher': in just a picture, the right one, you really hit the nail, deep (outside of the 'innocent' hypocrite's face, copying the sign made by the ones hating him, how silly can you be...)!

No, rather that you made me think of the efforts Charly Chaplin and the people around him developped to ridicule the subject of 'The Great Dictator', ...compared to the huge quantity of 'material' readily available here, which could have made it much more easy, and even more hilarious, not even thinking about the contribution of Froggy-the-watch-man at his side. But slapstick is dead, as are silent movies, which could though be much appreciated by most basic Thai TV-watchers every Friday evening...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

image.jpeg.b1fa79eb2c6fcbef5ac086ca8f460c77.jpegpray1.jpg.af134b8ca434b6dfd903391e94c44394.jpg

As The Who sang, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...".

Unfortunately for Thailand, the song seems to end there or more specifically, they're listening to vinyl and the record skips at that point in the song. They don't ever get to "We won't get fooled again...".

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eligius said:

Don't you, like me, just get so sick and tired of being treated by these people as a complete and utter idiot?!

Next to nothing they say or do is calculated for my (or any other foreign, non-voter) consumption.

That I know what they say and do is a "by-product" (courtesy of translators).

The performance is for Thai people.

People who can vote and defend (or storm) a barricade.  If I am in Thailand at the time I can, of course, join in the latter activities, but nobody is much concerned about me seeking to initiate them.

In this area of discourse "they" are not treating me in any way,

Edited by Enoon

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

"..., instead we did a team building effort by playing "Connect Four" and doing the Chicken Dance."

There is article somewhere else which is prohibited posting here saying a Surin red shirt leader admitted switching side. He rebuked Nattawut keep emphasizing democracy yet the UDD secretary-general and other key members appointed themselves to lead the UDD. 

Self-appointed = dictator ?? 

Yet they keep talking about democracy. So contradicting.

Does anyone know more about this? 

On 7/17/2018 at 7:36 PM, chama said:

Oh no! Their lips are moving again!

'chama': as if that kind of characters need to move their lips to lie their heads off! ...Ah, when that last would be true, some ugly bowling bowls would be rolling down the streets! But TiT, must be a part of that Thainess thing 'uncle'&Co. want to spread, wonder why...

On 7/17/2018 at 8:47 PM, IAMjustAforeignerWHOloveTH said:

There is article somewhere else which is prohibited posting here saying a Surin red shirt leader admitted switching side. He rebuked Nattawut keep emphasizing democracy yet the UDD secretary-general and other key members appointed themselves to lead the UDD. 

Self-appointed = dictator ?? 

Yet they keep talking about democracy. So contradicting.

Does anyone know more about this? 

As much as you probably, having read it on 'the other paper', seems true.

P.S.: when you'd need some help to choose a, shorter, avatar, no doubt a lot of help available on TV, 26 caps, wow! 'Alien loving TH' would already reduce it to 15, no doubt others could come up with better, and shorter.

21 minutes ago, bangrak said:

As much as you probably, having read it on 'the other paper', seems true.

P.S.: when you'd need some help to choose a, shorter, avatar, no doubt a lot of help available on TV, 26 caps, wow! 'Alien loving TH' would already reduce it to 15, no doubt others could come up with better, and shorter.

I like to use full capacity on the avatar.

cheers~ ?

• Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 7:16 PM, ratcatcher said:

And if my memory serves me right our Mr. T held some mobile cabinets meetings, in Issan.

Our PM has a low regard for Thaksin, but he is doing more and more of his ideas, the 200 000 baht village fund, helping rice farmers, (heard just today wife's daughter is a rice farmer and the government is going to pay1500 baht/rie). 

He will be implementing a rice-buying scheme next.

On 7/17/2018 at 9:08 PM, IAMjustAforeignerWHOloveTH said:

I like to use full capacity on the avatar.

cheers~ ?

As you feel IAJAFWLT... When so, please, do add an 's' to make 'loves', as you are 'a', so singular, reaching 27, a record here I guess, wow! As for what 'full capacity' is concerned, I leave you with the full responsibility to prove it to us all very openly quite soon... Evidence, undisputable evidence, that's what we need here, LOL ?

6 minutes ago, kickstart said:

And if my memory serves me right our Mr. T held some mobile cabinets meetings, in Issan.

Our PM has a low regard for Thaksin, but he is doing more and more of his ideas, the 200 000 baht village fund, helping rice farmers, (heard just today wife's daughter is a rice farmer and the government is going to pay1500 baht/rie). 

He will be implementing a rice-buying scheme next.

Yes Thaksin is being copied and his MP's lured away. I wonder how much impact this has on the elections later on how many people really switch sides. Will be real interesting to see. Whoever wins is of no concern to me. I dislike them both and don't want either of them to win but they are the only 2 who have a chance. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bangrak said:

As you feel IAJAFWLT... When so, please, do add an 's' to make 'loves', as you are 'a', so singular, reaching 27, a record here I guess, wow! As for what 'full capacity' is concerned, I leave you with the full responsibility to prove it to us all very openly quite soon... Evidence, undisputable evidence, that's what we need here, LOL ?

?? My englishh is not powderful ass yourS. PleazeS forgiveS MeS. 

What was the name of that minister from Saddham's Irak again, telling the members of the foreign press he had gathered at the riverside that the invading forces had been all pushed back into the sea, ...while in the background, on the other bank, a couple of humvees were speeding, lifting a dustcloud?

Please, TV posters, give me the name, to use it as the determinative for the bunch of crap sabre draggers here! 

6 minutes ago, bangrak said:

What was the name of that minister from Saddham's Irak again, telling the members of the foreign press he had gathered at the riverside that the invading forces had been all pushed back into the sea, ...while in the background, on the other bank, a couple of humvees were speeding, lifting a dustcloud?

Please, TV posters, give me the name, to use it as the determinative for the bunch of crap sabre draggers here! 

Comical Ali? 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Hope he packed the Gucci scarf. Latter will be cold up that way. Or that could have been for the French press to show that he fits in anywhere.

Just be happy that he is not wearing buberry boots ?