Disabled Access To Pattaya Will Improve, Says The Deputy Mayor

Khun ?

Awaiting the arrival of more disabled vistors make for a slow day in crime

Police Lieutenant Colonel Sirichai organized a Police Parade in the car park of Pattaya Police Station on Friday Night to inform his officers that the Police Checkpoints which began before the New Year are to continue as the fight against crime continues. On this night checkpoints were set up in Soi Potisan in Naklua, Soi Bongkot in Central Pattaya, Soi Gopia in South Pattaya and Soi Watboon in Jomtien. These areas have been identified by Police as crime hotspots. We looked-in at two of the checkpoints and we are pleased to report that no arrests were made. These checkpoints are clearly having an effect as crime is reportedly down by as much as 50% from last year according to reports in the local media.

On this night checkpoints were set up in Soi Potisan in Naklua, Soi Bongkot in Central Pattaya, Soi Gopia in South Pattaya and Soi Watboon in Jomtien. These areas have been identified by Police as crime hotspots. We looked-in at two of the checkpoints and we are pleased to report that no arrests were made.

Checkpoints set up at crime hotspots and they're *pleased* that no arrests were made?

I *hope* the point they were trying to make was that there was no criminal activity the night the checkpoints were in these crimeridden areas, but unless these checkpoints are to be permanent nightly occurrences, what progress has really been made in being able to declassify them as crime hot spots?

On this night checkpoints were set up in Soi Potisan in Naklua, Soi Bongkot in Central Pattaya, Soi Gopia in South Pattaya and Soi Watboon in Jomtien. These areas have been identified by Police as crime hotspots. We looked-in at two of the checkpoints and we are pleased to report that no arrests were made.

Checkpoints set up at crime hotspots and they're *pleased* that no arrests were made?

I *hope* the point they were trying to make was that there was no criminal activity the night the checkpoints were in these crimeridden areas, but unless these checkpoints are to be permanent nightly occurrences, what progress has really been made in being able to declassify them as crime hot spots?

as far as I am aware these checkpoints and the emphasis on tackling the `hot spots` of crime are to continue which has to be good news for everybody except the criminals :o

Can someone explain to me how disabled people can board baht buses or moto taxis?

I am beginning to feel sorry for you.............you can`t leave it alone can you?

Excuse me, wasn't the topic how things are going to improve for DISABLED people in Pattaya?

you can`t leave it alone can you?

(Answer: can but no)

Edited by Jingthing

Can someone explain to me how disabled people can board baht buses or moto taxis?

I am beginning to feel sorry for you.............you can`t leave it alone can you?

Excuse me, wasn't the topic how things are going to improve for DISABLED people in Pattaya?

you can`t leave it alone can you?
(Answer: can but no)

You seem to want to change every thread to encompass your bias against baht bus drivers.......this is really sad.

I regularly see people in wheelchairs on baht buses.

Their mates or volunteers pick the chair up with the person inside it and place it on the bus. When they ring the bell they take it off again. Or the disabled person can be taken straight to their destination for around £1.

Buses may be more accessible to the disabled in London but have you ever been on one when it stops for a disabled person? The other passengers are less than polite and the fares are considerably more than £1 and totally ludicrous if you do not own an oyster card (which tracks your movements).