No stamp on entry to Canada??!

RickG16

I didn't get one on the way in, assumed this is because I had an ETA and it was all done electronically.... my only concern is that if I do not get one on the way out, there is basically a 'gap' in my passport which could look odd to border officials in other countries.

Can anyone shed any light on this?....

Cheers 

Many countries don't stamp in / out it's not an issue.

My passports have gaps all over due to my using whichever is most convenient (more space) when I travel.

No immigration officer has ever said anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you are still in Canada or not however if you approach one of the border officials at the airport when you leave they may be able to stamp your passport if you are worried about it. I have had this done in Australia before on 2 occassions and it was no problem with a valid reason (mine was a travel medical claim).

10 hours ago, khughes77 said:

Not sure if you are still in Canada or not however if you approach one of the border officials at the airport when you leave they may be able to stamp your passport if you are worried about it. I have had this done in Australia before on 2 occassions and it was no problem with a valid reason (mine was a travel medical claim).

That's a good idea, but if it isn't going to be a problem I might as well save the space....

On 7/25/2018 at 1:21 PM, khughes77 said:

Why would you be stamped leaving your own country,? As a Brit I have never been stamped on departure or arrival in the UK. There's no such thing as a problem gap. It just means you were in your own country.

1 hour ago, The manic said:

Why would you be stamped leaving your own country,? As a Brit I have never been stamped on departure or arrival in the UK. There's no such thing as a problem gap. It just means you were in your own country.

Canada isn't my country.

I am pretty sure it was the same in the USA, no stamp in my passport.  Everything is on the computer. Also you can clear US immigration in Canada before boarding the actual flight. US and Canada may use the same system and methods.

Korea, Hong Kong, no arrival stamps in US passport Maybe on departures for HK. Singapore you can use auto-gates for departures.

Many countries are getting rid of stamps. Japan did away with the arrival card and I read they will do away with the stickers soon. Japanese will be able to enter the country on facial recognition technologies being implemented to increase efficiency.

Thailand is far behind, not even doing fingerprints yet!

Archived