package from amazon

krey

I got a package from Amazon coming but it is super late.  According to the tracking they came here on july 9th though I was home that day

in any case i contacted Amazon and the person that sold the product said it is kind of out of his hands now and to contact the local post office as the package did arrive in Thailand.

If I take my USPS code and head to a post office can they track it down with that code? any recommendations on which post office?  I live out by Maya Mall but have a bike so I can go wherever might be best

thanks for your help in advance

You can enter your USPS tracking number in both USPS.com and ThailandPost.co.th to see where the package in currently situated (probably somewhere awaiting customs duty).  If the most recent update says 'Delivery Attempt', it means it's sitting at the post office- which one will mostly depend on whether customs duty is due on it- you'll most likely have to call them (in Thai) and they'll tell you where it is, or you can stop into your local branch for the info (and maybe you'll get lucky and it will be there).

Are you sure it was delivered by Thai Post rather a courier service?

If it is Thai Post you can try asking at Thai post office Phra Singh; even if not situated there, they are very helpful and are longtime employees, so know how everything works.

This is what the tracking will look like providing its not been sent by courier.

If it states out for delivery and you have not received a card, head to your post office and give the guy the tracking number, you mention the 9th was this the date of the out for delivery ?

May 20, 2018
08:48:20
LAK SI MAIL CENTER Accept     200045 Rinbound15   001       10010
May 20, 2018
14:25:01
LAK SI MAIL CENTER Items Into Container     200045 T10010-IR-01   007     05 10010
May 20, 2018
14:25:10
LAK SI MAIL CENTER Dispatch     200045 T10010-IR-01   008       10010
May 21, 2018
22:03:08
UBON RATCHATHANI MAIL CENTER Items Into Container     200139 I417030D1809   007     07 34010
May 21, 2018
22:04:07
UBON RATCHATHANI MAIL CENTER Dispatch     200139 I417030D1809 34010 008       34010
May 22, 2018
04:37:26
UBON RATCHATHANI Container Received     300551 T34000-OU-01   010       34000
May 22, 2018
09:04:53
UBON RATCHATHANI Out for Delivery     300551 T34000-D2-03   011       34000
May 22, 2018
12:00-16:29
UBON RATCHATHANI Delivery Status Successful

ok I put the code into the thailand post and got this  I presume it wants duty charges, it is a pair of sneakers I bought from Amazon, nothing crazy, I will head down there and see if I have better luck,  I was never notified haha, USPS said nothing of this on their site, just said it arrived in thailand on the 9th and a missed delivery and every day i logged on it said that it should be here the next day:) 

PHRA SING Delivery Status Item held,addressee notified due to Importation restricted - Item not delivery

7 minutes ago, krey said:

ok I put the code into the thailand post and got this  I presume it wants duty charges, it is a pair of sneakers I bought from Amazon, nothing crazy, I will head down there and see if I have better luck,  I was never notified haha, USPS said nothing of this on their site, just said it arrived in thailand on the 9th and a missed delivery and every day i logged on it said that it should be here the next day:) 

PHRA SING Delivery Status Item held,addressee notified due to Importation restricted - Item not delivery

Yes you are correct, head to your post office and give them the info and they will hit you for a bill for the duty, take some form of ID to receive the package.

Sorry I should have stated your main post office whare the sorting office is

Thanks all for your help.  I went to Phra Sing  with my code.  Managed to get my sneakers after paying a 1500 Baht duty tax which I was kind of expecting and showing ID

Thanks everyone

2 hours ago, krey said:

Thanks all for your help.  I went to Phra Sing  with my code.  Managed to get my sneakers after paying a 1500 Baht duty tax which I was kind of expecting and showing ID

Thanks everyone

Curious?... What was the price Amazon originally charged for the sneakers... ?

14 hours ago, EL159 said:

Yup. From personal experience ( once and never again) they ll probably charge tax and duty more than you paid for them.

I’ve only ever been charged twice for import tax over the last 15 years and both times it worked out to around 30% of the purchase + delivery price. Unless you order things that cost more to send than they are worth, I don’t see how you can be paying so much VAT and duty.

On 7/18/2018 at 1:47 PM, krey said:

Was this shipped by Amazon or did Amazon send it to another shipper who send it through the post office?

Amazon has a global shipping service which includes both shipping costs and custom duties.

On 7/18/2018 at 8:52 PM, sfokevin said:

Curious?... What was the price Amazon originally charged for the sneakers... ?

about 160 dollars

They are my favorite type of sneakers, last pair lasted 7 years, but were beat to death and needed a new 7 years:)

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2018 at 2:53 AM, DonDoRondo said:

Last year I purchased a $40 pair of Levi's from Amazon.  Not eligible for the Global Shipping option so I had the parcel sent to my mail forwarding service in the USA - then shipped to me in CM.  They were delivered to me at my place so I didn't have to run over to the post office, even so, it was a lesson learned.  They ended up costing around $110.

What courier or postal service did you use and what was the breakdown of the import duty and sales tax you were charged?

Archived