Non Im B Extension

A query form a Newbie. Does anyone know how hard it is to extend a 1 year non im B visa issued in another country? I am led to believe this may be possible in Penang or othe places in SE Asia but this hasn't been verified.

Any assistance or knowhow would be appreciated.

scotty

A query form a Newbie. Does anyone know how hard it is to extend a 1 year non im B visa issued in another country? I am led to believe this may be possible in Penang or othe places in SE Asia but this hasn't been verified.

scotty

If you are looking to get a one year non B in SE Asia. Only if you have a work permit and then it still is case by case... in KL or Hanoi.

If your employer meets the criteria, you can get the extension inside Thailand.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

scotty

If you are looking to get a one year non B in SE Asia. Only if you have a work permit and then it still is case by case... in KL or Hanoi.

If your employer meets the criteria, you can get the extension inside Thailand.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Thanks for the assistance. When you say 'fit the criteria', what do you mean? I have tried other contacts and they seem to have a contrary opinion.

Also, in Hanoi and KL, is it best to contact the Thai consulates in those countries?

Thanks in advance,

Scotty

scotty

Scotty I am in Pattaya. Where are u? I might be able to help email me at //email removed - lopburi3//

You can not "extend" a visa anyplace. You can extend your visa stay at an Immigration office in Thailand if you meet the requirements. That would be on a yearly basis and not require any exit of the country.

To obtain a new visa, which appears to be what you are asking about, will require the documents required by the Consulate you visit. You say you have the necessary paperwork but do you even know what is necessary at the Consulates? If you list what you have perhaps someone can advise if it is enough to obtain a new visa at a specific Consulate.

Hi.

I have the necessary paperwork but even my employer says I can not do this in Thailand. The Thai consulate in my own country also say this is not possible.

Thanks again,

scotty

Does your Employer and you have this paperwork? Then you can change your tourist visa exemption stamp or tourist visa to a 90 day non-B immigration visa inside Thailand without leaving.

post-2725-1170928269_thumb.jpg

After you change to the 90 day visa, you then do the one year extension of stay.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com