Long Term Rental

Hi all,

My family and I are about to move to Koh Samui.  Would you recommend any real estate or websites to find a long term let property?  The ones I have found so far are all holiday prices and we're looking for something a bit more reasonable.

Thanks in advance

Yes, as @PoorSucker says, what is your budget..?

There are plenty of possibilities – ranging from around 10,000 baht a month up to what's out-of-reach for "normal" folks like me (yes, I consider myself within that range, however only when it's about money to spend) – many of the possibilities you might not find on the Internet, but only by looking around in various areas of interest.

How big, i.e. number of bedrooms; what comfort do you expect, i.e. pool and European kitchen, etc.; location, i.e. for example sea view or beachfront, or close to shopping center, or distance to nursery or school if you have child/children; a fully serviced house; etc. etc.?

When planning a "move to Koh Samui", I would invest in an investigation trip – talk from experience – and check various areas and prices for rentals. All over the island you'll find nice bungalows and villas for rent, also long term, they'll normally have a sign "For rent" outside. Area check is also (very) important – also for places of interest you found on a website or at Airbnb – so you don't end up with a long term lease, you cannot easily terminate, in a completely wrong area for your life-style; i.e. noise, transportation distance, flooding in rainy season, etc. etc.

With a little more information, I'm sure numerous local forum-members will be happy to advise you where to look, either in Cyberspace, or in real-life...?

• Like 1