Trump invites Putin to Washington despite U.S. uproar on Helsinki summit

webfact

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

No he Did not sell 20% of the US Uranium production to Russians , He only sold the country down the river to Putin. 

"Sold the country down the river"?

I think you would benefit from a more realistic sense of proportion.

5 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Up until the 90's we lived in the cold war with a coming nuclear war and the end of the world a near certainty, and the hippies would sing give peace a chance. Now they are giving peace a chance and the hippies are so angry.

Priceless!

Putin is playing Trump just as the North Korean leader did but he appears to be just too dumb to see it.  Apparently most of his supporters are the same.

58 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

"Sold the country down the river"?

I think you would benefit from a more realistic sense of proportion.

And I think you would benefit just from some reality. 

Your obvious attempts at deflection (but, but Hilary.....) isn't going to work any more with the VAST majority of informed posters on Thai Visa calling out your BS for what it is. Even the most vocal of Trumpers on this forum are keeping their heads down right now as there is literally no defending Trump on this matter. 

Reality:- YOUR President threw his own intelligence services under the bus in favour of Russia.

Reality:- YOUR President then tried to cover this up with an awful excuse of 'what I really meant to say was..'

Reality:- YOUR President then doubles down by inviting Putin to the US.

You can't make this stuff up and no amount of your attempts at deflection will change these facts.

1 hour ago, RickBradford said:

Yup, GDP up, unemployment down, balance of trade improving. That's some drain, all right.

That's only one half of these stats...

GDP for example is the equivalent of the asset side of a balance sheet.

Then comes the other side, the liabilities.

Growing GDP by 2% while debt grows by 4% is nothing to brag about...

The unemployment rate is low, but what about the employment participation rate?

From its 2007 highs, the rate has declined to its 1970s lows...

What about the 96 million working age individuals out of the workforce?

It is important to always look beyond what the MSM parrots throw at whoever is ready to gobble their words...

4 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

That's only one half of these stats...

GDP for example is the equivalent of the asset side of a balance sheet.

Then comes the other side, the liabilities.

Growing GDP by 2% while debt grows by 4% is nothing to bragg about...

The unemployment rate is low, but what about the employment participation rate?

From its 2007 highs, the rate has declined to its 1970s lows...

What about the 96 million working age individuals out of the workforce?

It is important to always look beyond what the MSM parrots throw at whoever is ready to gobble their words...

That sounds like facts. Trumpers don't do facts

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Priceless!

Putin is playing Trump just as the North Korean leader did but he appears to be just too dumb to see it.  Apparently most of his supporters are the same.

Putin got a political victory...OK...and so what?

Did he get anything tangible: the financial sanctions, the level of US troops in Europe, Syria...?

Nothing! He got nothing useful!

Kim Jong Un on the other hand got a few goodies, such as a reduction of military exercices in South Korea...and a tacit agreement to keep working on his nukes.

Back to Putin, it's as if the TV management was telling you that you are the best poster on this forum, but was not willing to reward you for this (major) achievement!

That may make you feel good, but otherwise what could you make of such a victory?

13 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Trump's hometown paper's take...

vladdy.jpg

The American left is torn apart between those who denounce the cozy relation between Trump and Putin, with pictures like this one, and...

those who are offended by the homophobic aspects of such pictures...

Very entertaining indeed...

4 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

The American left is torn apart between those who denounce the cozy relation between Trump and Putin, with pictures like this one, and...

those who are offended by the homophobic aspects of such pictures...

Very entertaining indeed...

I don't think the left is the least bit "torn apart" by these kind of pictures.

And I think you would benefit just from some reality. 

Your obvious attempts at deflection (but, but Hilary.....) isn't going to work any more with the VAST majority of informed posters on Thai Visa calling out your BS for what it is. Even the most vocal of Trumpers on this forum are keeping their heads down right now as there is literally no defending Trump on this matter. 

Reality:- YOUR President threw his own intelligence services under the bus in favour of Russia.

Reality:- YOUR President then tried to cover this up with an awful excuse of 'what I really meant to say was..'

Reality:- YOUR President then doubles down by inviting Putin to the US.

1) Trump is not my president. My country doesn't do presidents.

2) I am not a "Trumper", whatever that may be.  I think he's a dangerous egomaniac and I can't think of a single person less fit to be president of the US. Except Hillary Clinton.

The rest of your chattering buzz seems borrowed from those talk-show hosts who know they only have to make some lame joke about President Trump to get rapturous applause from the audience.

If that's your version of "reality", you live in a very 2-dimensional place.

34 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Putin got a political victory...OK...and so what?

Did he get anything tangible: the financial sanctions, the level of US troops in Europe, Syria...?

Nothing! He got nothing useful!

Kim Jong Un on the other hand got a few goodies, such as a reduction of military exercices in South Korea...and a tacit agreement to keep working on his nukes.

Back to Putin, it's as if the TV management was telling you that you are the best poster on this forum, but was not willing to reward you for this (major) achievement!

That may make you feel good, but otherwise what could you make of such a victory?

You were in the room then were you?  And I thought that nobody knew what was discussed and that was what all the consternation was all about.

I wonder if Trump will give a State Dinner for Putin as Trump did for France's Emmanuel Macron?

You know, roll out the Red Carpet (remove Hammer & Sickle?) for the guests.

If Trump does, it will be interesting as to whether Melania attends.

Her home country Slovenia has had a history of suppression by authoritarian foreign nations, the last of which was Communist Yugoslavia until 1990 when it had its first election as a democratic republic. 

10 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

You were in the room then were you?  And I thought that nobody knew what was discussed and that was what all the consternation was all about.

There is a little difference between discussing things behind closed doors and making things actually happen!

Trump can hardly remove economic sanctions, or troops, without going through a lengthy and very public process.

When he decided to downsize military exercices in South Korea, he made it public right after the meeting, because there was no other way to do it.

As far as we know, he hasn't made public any decision he might have made during his meeting with Putin...

1 minute ago, Brunolem said:

There is a little difference between discussing things behind closed doors and making things actually happen!

Trump can hardly remove economic sanctions, or troops, without going through a lengthy and very public process.

When he decided to downsize military exercices in South Korea, he made it public right after the meeting, because there was no other way to do it.

As far as we know, he hasn't made public any decision he might have made during his meeting with Putin...

The thing we know about Trump is that he makes all sorts of ludicrous claims and promises before backtracking on them all.  You and I don't know what (if any) commitments he may have made behind closed doors or what Putin's response would have been.  He may not have made any public statements about any verbal agreements  but in the world of Donald Trump, that means nothing!

24 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

I wonder if Trump will give a State Dinner for Putin as Trump did for France's Emmanuel Macron?

You know, roll out the Red Carpet (remove Hammer & Sickle?) for the guests.

If Trump does, it will be interesting as to whether Melania attends.

Her home country Slovenia has had a history of suppression by authoritarian foreign nations, the last of which was Communist Yugoslavia until 1990 when it had its first election as a democratic republic. 

More interesting is to see who will attend the state dinner and who will refuse to do so.

Considering the condemnations from all sides, Trump and Putin should end up alone at the state dinner, unless Trump invites members of the Ku Klux Klan to fill up the empty seats!

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

The thing we know about Trump is that he makes all sorts of ludicrous claims and promises before backtracking on them all.  You and I don't know what (if any) commitments he may have made behind closed doors or what Putin's response would have been.  He may not have made any public statements about any verbal agreements  but in the world of Donald Trump, that means nothing!

True!

2 hours ago, RickBradford said:

Yup, GDP up, unemployment down, balance of trade improving. That's some drain, all right.

If by improving you mean imports are getting less in relation to exports, you're 100% dead wrong. It's getting a lot worse and quickly.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/balance-of-trade

Where do you get your fake news from?

And you forgot to mention how the wages of most Americans are doing. Is that because for most Americans their hourly wages have actually shrunk a bit? And with the anti-worker Supreme Court appointee already in place and another on the way, it doesn't look like American workers will be getting a bigger share of the pie anytime soon. But that's okay, The 1% are making out like bandits.

If by improving you mean imports are getting less in relation to exports, you're 100% dead wrong. It's getting a lot worse and quickly.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/balance-of-trade

Where do you get your fake news from?

Oddly enough, I got my news from the same page you did, but I was alert enough to see that the figures had a minus sign attached to them, meaning the smaller the number, the better the result. A companion page on the same website observes:

US May Trade Deficit Smallest in 1-1/2 Years

The US trade deficit narrowed sharply to USD 43.1 billion in May 2018 from a revised USD 46.1 billion in the previous month and below market expectations of USD 43.7 billion. It was the smallest trade gap since October 2016. 

Exports of goods and services from the US rose USD 4.1 billion from the previous month, or 1.9 percent, to a record USD 215.3 billion in May. 

Trump makes me think of a dog obsessively chasing its tail,   circling around one side and around the other .. Trump accuses Putin. then he clears him, then he accuses him again, . now he invites him

Trump: I’ll be Putin’s ‘worst nightmare’ if talks fail, unlike ‘patsy’ Obama . “I think he knows that,” Trump said. “I’ll be his worst nightmare. But I don’t think it’ll be that way. I actually think we’ll have a good relationship.” 

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/20/trump-putin-russia-obama-734945

Donald Trump is pictured. | Getty Images

3 hours ago, RickBradford said:

Oddly enough, I got my news from the same page you did, but I was alert enough to see that the figures had a minus sign attached to them, meaning the smaller the number, the better the result. A companion page on the same website observes:

As articles pointed out, in spring there is traditionally a rebound. Look at the five year picture. A few months is not a trend.

Archived