Video: "Red plate" Thai bride left standing at the "altar" - 3.6 million netizens show their support

webfact

Video: "Red plate" Thai bride left standing at the "altar" - 3.6 million netizens show their support

4PM.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A Thai bride in white went on Facebook live even though her groom failed to turn up to the wedding.

The bride bravely went on stage to thank her parents and relatives and all the guests present for their support.

Her composure as her big day was wrecked was praised as 3.6 million online showed their support and the story was shared nearly 30,000 times.

The bride was "Manow" or Jutathip Nimnual according to her Facebook page.

She has become known as the "Red Plate Bride" after cars that are given such registration before they are fully legal on the road.

Later Daily News reported that relatives of the bride had gone to Muang Ratchaburi police to file a complaint for financial losses.

Cops are set to meet each side tomorrow, Tuesday, to sort out the financial claims.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-23

2 minutes ago, Darcula said:

A case of buyer remorse after a test drive and down payment.

Or perhaps a case of down tools.

I bet he never got the 3,000 Baht deposit back for the red plate. (Is that a double entendre I wonder?)

• Haha 2

Public sympathy pours in for scorned bride, complaint lodged with police

By The Nation

c3ab22f247b57e3bdc474e857c2d18d6-sld.jpe

Facebook users have expressed sympathy for a Ratchaburi woman who stood in front of guests at her wedding on Sunday and announced that her groom had run away.

The event was broadcast live on the Facebook page of Manow Jutathip Nimnual.

By 9am on Monday - 20 hours after the five-minute clip was broadcast live - it had generated 3.7 million views, been shared more than 30,000 times and received more than 69,000 reactions, most of them weeping for the scorned woman.

The post received an enormous amount of comments, most of which expressed support for her.

In the clip, the bride, Jutathip Nimnual, thanked relatives and friends for attending the ceremony, said she did not expect to turn it to turn out as it did and apologised if she had failed to take good enough care of the guests.

The 24-year-old bride had been due to marry Phakin Junjerm, 20.

According to Jutathip's cousin, Kanyalak Puangmala, 25, Jutathip fell in love with Phakin recently, after which they agreed to get married and ordered pre-wedding photos.

The bride's parents had demanded Bt200,000 in cash and gold ornaments worth Bt200,000 as a dowry.

Then, one week before their planned wedding, Jutathip was told that Phakin had a secret lover.

He nevertheless insisted he would marry her but on Friday, sent a message on the Line app telling Jutathip he would have to cancel the wedding because he could not afford the dowry.

The following day, the bride's relatives offered to give him Bt140,000 he needed to reach the Bt200,000 demanded as a dowry.

Phakin then disappeared for the whole of Saturday until 11pm, when his relatives called the bride's family to tell them he had been found, all was well and the wedding would be held as scheduled on Sunday.

After he failed to turn up, the woman’s relatives begged Phakin's young uncle, who looks similar to him, to wear the groom's suit and pretend to be the groom to save face for the scorned woman.

However, the uncle demanded Bt1million for acting the role so the plan was aborted.

Kanyalak said a total of 1,000 invitation cards were sent out and 170 Chinese-style banquet tables were planned.

Kanyalak said the dumped bride had filed a complaint against Phakin with police.

Meanwhile, the uncle admitted on his Facebook page that he had indeed demanded Bt1 million because he considered it ridiculous to have him stand in his nephew’s place in a fake wedding ceremony.

Her added that his nephew did not love Jutathip but she had forced him to agree to marry her.

The video clip can be seen here:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011741728843

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30350612

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-23

1 hour ago, webfact said:

After he failed to turn up, the woman’s relatives begged Phakin's young uncle, who looks similar to him, to wear the groom's suit and pretend to be the groom to save face for the scorned woman.

However, the uncle demanded Bt1million for acting the role so the plan was aborted

?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Daily news reported that relatives of the bride had gone to Muang Ratchaburi police to file a complaint for financial losses.

Cops are set to meet each side tomorrow, Tuesday, to sort out the financial claims.

I must have missed something: where is the criminal conduct?

Or is making someone lose face a crime in Thailand?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horace said:

I must have missed something: where is the criminal conduct?

Or is making someone lose face a crime in Thailand?

This is the religious police we're talking about now..

same-same normal police, but still chance to make money, stick their noses in and have a photo opportunity while it's in the spotlight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

oh what a  surprise,the family demanding payment for the daughter.i thought the slavery trade was abolished centuries ago.i gave the mrs mother my old fridge for sin sot to make room for my new one.the mrs was over the moon and her heads always in it.cost me a small fortune to keep filling it up.looking back I should of just paid the sin sot.

Carefully examine conventional western marriage ceremonies and you will find plenty of stupid traditions too.

TVF News posts an article that is sympathetic to a Thai woman jilted on her wedding day. The article makes reference to wide support and sympathy for the woman from Thai people.

TVF members rush to post derogatory and offensive remarks about this woman, while doing so displaying their own ‘women issues’.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

This is the religious police we're talking about now..

same-same normal police, but still chance to make money, stick their noses in and have a photo opportunity while it's in the spotlight.

Yeah,  but that's the Khalwat squad but they're down below the border. The other only worry are also over the border where Cambodia clamps down on losing their pretty ones to over 50s foreigners 

Chomper H.
You're spot on Sir.
Just can't fathom why these pond scum make such remarks, it certainly reflects their mind set!
I wonder what they would be saying if it was their daughter, god forbid if they have and my commiserations to her if they do.

• Like 1

"Later Daily News reported that relatives of the bride had gone to Muang Ratchaburi police to file a complaint for financial losses.

Cops are set to meet each side tomorrow, Tuesday, to sort out the financial claims

Kanyalak said the dumped bride had filed a complaint against Phakin with police."

So the article makes these claims, but does Thai law really state that she can press legal charges against him because he did not marry her. Yes it sucks that her and her family did so much, but how can or why can the police get involved in this one?

Also, I'm betting there was warning signs prior, just she did not want to accept them. I mean, it was told that the groom had a secret lover. I don't know enough about either person to feel strongly, one way or the other.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Does Thailand have anything like the UKs trade description act?

Took her for a test drive but didnt perform as per the advertising leaflet.?

Never mind the TDA. Years ago, the UK had a specific law against marital breach of contract.

However, the uncle demanded Bt1million:shock1: for acting the role so the plan was aborted.:cheesy: