Pattaya club raided in middle of night, 36 suspected drug users found

webfact

Pattaya club raided in middle of night, 36 suspected drug users found

By The Nation

pat.jpg

video screenshot

Police and district officials raided a club in Chon Buri in the early hours of Monday and found 36 customers testing positive to drug use.

Pichet Thammahone, assistant Bang Lamung district chief, led the raid on JT Club Karaoke in Tambon Nong Plue, Pattaya, at 3.30am.

The officials found 150 customers dancing, even though the legal closing time is 2am.

They also found that 70 of them were under 20 years old, the legal age for going to pubs and clubs. Of the 70, seven were under 16 - two boys and five girls.

More than half – 36 - tested positive to drugs and of those, 31 were under 20. A small bag of ketamine, a medication that induces a trance-like state, was also found on the floor.

The club manager, Praewprao McCulloch, was arrested and charged with violating opening hours, selling alcohol after licence hours, allowing underage people to enter an entertainment venue, selling alcohol to underage people, and allowing drugs to be used in a venue under her responsibility.

The 36 patrons were also arrested for abusing drugs and will be sent for mandatory rehabilitation.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30350610

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-23

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, webfact said:

The club manager, Praewprao McCulloch, was arrested and charged with violating opening hours, selling alcohol after licence hours, allowing underage people to enter an entertainment venue, selling alcohol to underage people, and allowing drugs to be used in a venue under her responsibility.

Well, no matter how connected the owner is/was, they ain't going to pay their way out of those charges; that window along with the doors of the venue have been slammed shut.

5 year ban on license = shut forever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Notice that the Assistant Chief of Bang Lamung District led the raid into the Club that is located in Pattaya. I wonder why Pattaya Police didn't conduct the raid?

I don't know what's behind.

But this karaoke seems to be another "Thai only" place.

I tried hard to find any info about/locate it to no avail.

Can anyone pinpoint where this place is?

And like in the past it is the district authorities who care about such places.

You will rarely see that they are leading raids on typical tourist spots.

3 hours ago, The manic said:

The whole world has lost the pretend war on drugs. The Pursuit of Oblivion is fundemental human right. The war on drugs is a war on the peoples and war on freedom.

freedom to be addicted insane post people on drugs can't keep a normal job or life 

17 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Whereas the alcohol addicted are free to run big corporations, countries etc., to beat their wives, to drive and kill and to blame it all on 'social pressures'

Yes, a quite insane post.

Nah that's just affluenza, surely!

Recreational drugs are little different to alcohol...problem is, it's what people do once they take them and alcohol being legal causes way too many problems already. Banning everything isn't the answer and neither is opening the flood gates so everyone can do anything they want in some bohemian headonistic playground of a society. The answer, as usual, probably lies somewhere in between. Unfortunately, many recreational substances are now so addictive that few would be able to control their intake (if legal plus cheap) and so many would end up on the unproductive & hopeless drugs trash heap needing endless treatment and help (which has to be paid for). You can't stop drug taking...only try to keep a lid on it. The so called "war on drugs" was probably never meant to be won per say but just to limit it's damage to society somewhat. Legalizing pot might work, like it's slowly becoming so in some other parts of the world, but I'm unsure they will go for it here for the same reasons as the won't go for gambling legalization...if anything the current ones in authority are going the other way as the morality squad holds sway atm and the PM is a fully signed up member of the killjoy brigade, so I wouldn't hold your breath on this one whilst these dinosaurs are around. Maybe in 20 years.

Edited by Sir Dude
Typos

4 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Notice that the Assistant Chief of Bang Lamung District led the raid into the Club that is located in Pattaya. I wonder why Pattaya Police didn't conduct the raid?

Because the local BIB would be biting the hand that feeds them the brown envelops.Most of these midnight Pattaya raids are military ordered without the local Bib not knowing where they are raiding until they are led there

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I don't know what's behind.

But this karaoke seems to be another "Thai only" place.

I tried hard to find any info about/locate it to no avail.

Can anyone pinpoint where this place is?

And like in the past it is the district authorities who care about such places.

You will rarely see that they are leading raids on typical tourist spots.

Thought I saw a farang in the video 

42 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Whereas the alcohol addicted are free to run big corporations, countries etc., to beat their wives, to drive and kill and to blame it all on 'social pressures'

Yes, a quite insane post.

To meny drug lovers in this forum and sorry people there run big corporations and counties or just normal people with normal life is not addicted to alcohol 

drug addicted people can't just understand this because meny of this kind of people don't have any education or jobs 

but please continue to take your freedom in drugs 

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Mandatory rehabilitation? That's hysterical. Why don't they come out and tell the truth? What they mean is 60 days in jail. And there isn't any rehabilitation, only degradation.

Not sure about that. I know of a Thai guy who got popped for yabaa possession a while back, small quantity, first time arrest. And, although he ended up getting sent to a govt. psych hospital to kick the habit, there was talk at one point of him being sent to some kind of Army-run rehabilitation camp for druggies in his local region. I'm guessing that would have meant shaved heads, cold showers, physical labor, etc etc Army style.

So apparently some such "rehabilitation" places do exist, either run by the Army or by monks, AFAIK. Whether they actually qualify as rehabilitation, I can't say. But they are, perhaps, better than getting detained in a regular jail for 3 months or so.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Most of Pattaya lies within Bang Lamung.

4 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

freedom to be addicted insane post people on drugs can't keep a normal job or life 

Many people do. Many drugs are recreational such as weekend dance drugs.  Most are not as addictive as tobacco or alcohol. If people have a problem they need help not punishment. You are big on opinions but have scant experience. Prohibition never work except for the mafia,  bent politicians and is a waste of time for the police. They tried banning booze in the states and it didn't work.  Certainly not your business what people do in their own time.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jonah Tenner said:

Most of Pattaya lies within Bang Lamung.

All of Pattaya lies within the boundaries of Bang Lamung district. But details/responsibilities are quite complicated due to the special status of "Pattaya city". Don't want to derail the thread. Best read in the WiKi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattaya

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 hours ago, The manic said:

Many people do. Many drugs are recreational such as weekend dance drugs.  Most are not as addictive as tobacco or alcohol. If people have a problem they need help not punishment. You are big on opinions but have scant experience. Prohibition never work except for the mafia,  bent politicians and is a waste of time for the police. They tried banning booze in the states and it didn't work.  Certainly not your business what people do in their own time.

it start with weed continue to "party"drugs end with addiction for meny young people because meth, heroin etc get your brain and body hurt without the drugs and yes alcohol and tobacco have same effect 

drug and alcohol addicted people can't see and understand families hurt, none of addicted people can have a normal life or keeping a job so where do they get the money from? 

stealing, killing people 

A good example for understanding this is just to look at USA and Mexico