Is 90 day report online possible for Koh Samui ?

Not to my knowledge, it's never been mention in this local forum, where there are lots of talk about our Immigration Office. However, they have a "90-day" line, and normally it's done within 10-15 minutes...?

3 hours ago, khunPer said:

Not to my knowledge, it's never been mention in this local forum, where there are lots of talk about our Immigration Office. However, they have a "90-day" line, and normally it's done within 10-15 minutes...?

You can have it done in 5 min if you are coming from Phangan or Tao.... ?

12 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

12 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Who told you that I come from Phangan the quickest I have done a 90 day report is 19 minutes the longest was 4 hours and now when you do your yearly extension they make you come back 7 days from your initial application so that’s 2 trips ?

Well, sorry to contradict all the experts, but you definitely can do online reporting.

I have been using this method for a long time, last time a week ago.

You actually report to Surat and if they do not process within the time limit you can call the office: they suddenly 'remember' to check the system and okay it ...while you hang on listening to them laughing about how they forgot to do their job! ... ?

You just have to get the window right. Fifteen days before up until eight days before the report date.

1 hour ago, ParadiseLost said:

Well, sorry to contradict all the experts, but you definitely can do online reporting.

You actually report to Surat and if they do not process within the time limit you can call the office: they suddenly 'remember' to check the system and okay it ...while you hang on listening to them laughing about how they forgot to do their job! ... ?

You just have to get the window right. Fifteen days before up until eight days before the report date.

Thank you for this answer! :smile:

7 hours ago, pennine said:

Samui Immigration now only requires your passport for 90 day report. No forms needed. A big improvement.

Improvement? I've been here on extension with 90-days reports for 10+ years and I've never supplied anything to Samui Immigration but my passport, and a handwritten small note with the address, which I actually have scotch-tape to my passport. Never seen, or being asked for a form...?

5 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

Many thanks, do you have a link to the web-page for online reporting..?

In response to the earlier posts:

1. Use Internet Explorer (I am on IE11.0)

2. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Works for me.

If it is at status 'In Progress' longer than the [7 working days] deadline, call Surat Thani Imm: 077 380 881/2

Note, it occurred to me that I fall under Surat as I am on KP. Perhaps KS people online report to KS?

OK I feel like I have to explain the reason for my question.

My passport has taken the water, however, although everything is legible and when I say everything is everything and perfectly legible,  the cover is impeccable only a few pages inside shows old traces of moisture, so little that on a photocopy it is hardly visible. In short the young attendant told me during my last extension so a year ago, you must change your passport, thereafter for the 3 times 90 days not a word. I thought OK it was just a bad mood they do not talk about it anymore.

Error last week appointment for the annual extension, small crisis! What! How! You have not changed your passport! 

So no more stubborn than that, now I'll do it ... but not sure that I'll have enough time, first because I need to receive a certificate of residence since my address changed, then have to make the appointment in the embassy in Bangkok because for passports it's only on appointment. So I thought of doing the first 90 days report online in case I would be a little short of time. 

So I'm not lazy to the point of not wanting to move my a*** on this little island:smile:

12 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

OK I feel like I have to explain the reason for my question.

My passport has taken the water, however, although everything is legible and when I say everything is everything and perfectly legible,  the cover is impeccable only a few pages inside shows old traces of moisture, so little that on a photocopy it is hardly visible. In short the young attendant told me during my last extension so a year ago, you must change your passport, thereafter for the 3 times 90 days not a word. I thought OK it was just a bad mood they do not talk about it anymore.

Error last week appointment for the annual extension, small crisis! What! How! You have not changed your passport! 

So no more stubborn than that, now I'll do it ... but not sure that I'll have enough time, first because I need to receive a certificate of residence since my address changed, then have to make the appointment in the embassy in Bangkok because for passports it's only on appointment. So I thought of doing the first 90 days report online in case I would be a little short of time. 

So I'm not lazy to the point of not wanting to move my a*** on this little island:smile:

Taking that at face value; they're unlikely to notice on a 90 day unless they recognise you.

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

Taking that at face value; they're unlikely to notice on a 90 day unless they recognise you.

The young lady at the 90 days line, (the poompooye one) knows me very well and she recognizes me all the time for a few years.

My wife told me maybe the embassy could refuse to change it, it is written nowhere that all passports must look like a brand new one, but telling them the immigration insist on doing it they won't refuse. 

What makes me a little moan is that my passport is valid until 2023, therefore this unnecessary costs, the price of the passport, the return trip to Bangkok the price of the hotel. But most of all, I do not really like going to Bangkok so much less against my will...but now the voice of wisdom suggests to me that the incident is over and changing it with a smile will be better for my health:smile:

Archived