GF submitting UK tourist visa application

12 hours ago, Stevetaylor123 said:

Refused.

Said she hadn’t provided sufficient proof of employment/finances, ties to Thailand and even said weren’t satisfied evidence we were in a stable relationship

It felt like they hadn’t even looked at half the stuff, to say we didn’t provide evidence of a relationship is a piss take. In the 25 weeks or so since we met I’ve been here 14,  had a lot of travel plans together and a few video calls (mostly they got deleted and we haven’t had any in the 10 weeks I’ve been back here) all submitted.

I can accept the job and money thing as we decided not to put her bank statements in to get picked apart and getting paid cash that doesn’t see a bank account (or appear to be taxed) isn’t really easy to prove. I expected it really. The relationship thing is a piss take though, i will get a video uploaded to xhamster for them next time 

But in all seriousness, maybe we shouldn’t have rushed into it.  Her circumstances will improve soon with a new business (not bought by me I hasten to add) that will be registered properly and have a bank account showing (hopefully) some income.  Probably won’t bother trying again now until the spring.

She says ‘they say no to many today’.  How you make Facebook friends at the Trendy I don’t know but she said nobody got a yes.

oh, also they said the plans were vague.  They were laid out perfectly clearly

Sorry to hear about that. So many getting a 'no' then. I've said all along that the perceived 96% pass rate is utter nonsense, but people on here won't have it.

I suppose your relationship is very early so always a chance of a knock back...I've been with mine 10 years with 2 kids and I'm still half expecting a no, that's if the thing ever comes back.

As you said, re-group and make it tighter for next year.

This is the nonsense I got back after paying gbp5.48 to email them. This is the second email from them after I replied to the first very basic one saying please can this be hurried along as it has already been 25 working days, etc.

Dear Mrs Maradona,
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
With regards to your enquiry, i can see your case was escalated earlier today (10/08/2018), please wait until the 15 work day have finished to be contacted.
Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.
Also please note that we cannot provide case specific advice or pre-assess an application but we can provide information and support you through sign posting and website navigation. If you require more specific advice then please speak to a qualified immigration advisor.
Regards,
Callum
UK Visas and Immigration

15 hours ago, Stevetaylor123 said:

Refused.

Said she hadn’t provided sufficient proof of employment/finances, ties to Thailand and even said weren’t satisfied evidence we were in a stable relationship

It felt like they hadn’t even looked at half the stuff, to say we didn’t provide evidence of a relationship is a piss take. In the 25 weeks or so since we met I’ve been here 14,  had a lot of travel plans together and a few video calls (mostly they got deleted and we haven’t had any in the 10 weeks I’ve been back here) all submitted.

I can accept the job and money thing as we decided not to put her bank statements in to get picked apart and getting paid cash that doesn’t see a bank account (or appear to be taxed) isn’t really easy to prove. I expected it really. The relationship thing is a piss take though, i will get a video uploaded to xhamster for them next time 

But in all seriousness, maybe we shouldn’t have rushed into it.  Her circumstances will improve soon with a new business (not bought by me I hasten to add) that will be registered properly and have a bank account showing (hopefully) some income.  Probably won’t bother trying again now until the spring.

She says ‘they say no to many today’.  How you make Facebook friends at the Trendy I don’t know but she said nobody got a yes.

oh, also they said the plans were vague.  They were laid out perfectly clearly

IMO the financial side is far more simple if you are sponsoring.

As said, deep breath, re-group and resubmit when you are ready.

IF you feel inclined to post the decision letter there are many experienced guys on here who may chip in with some advice.....

• Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 11:54 AM, Maradona 10 said:

Sorry to hear about that. So many getting a 'no' then. I've said all along that the perceived 96% pass rate is utter nonsense, but people on here won't have it.

I suppose your relationship is very early so always a chance of a knock back...I've been with mine 10 years with 2 kids and I'm still half expecting a no, that's if the thing ever comes back.

As you said, re-group and make it tighter for next year.

It's not "perceived" at all -  they are the published figures by ONS.

You only hear about the people who moan and gripe when their application gets refused (usually through their own/their applications shortcomings)

You can check for yourself here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/immigration-statistics-october-to-december-2017-data-tables

RAZZ

• Like 1

Turns out this was for the best.

I didn’t pick it with this girl, perhaps there were a few red flags in hindsight but turns out she had another boyfriend in Sweden who was giving big money (it’s always the Scandinavians throwing it about isn’t it ?!)  She said she hasn’t seen him since she met me and she just liked to keep in touch because he sent her money sometimes for her daughter and ‘you not like to give’ 

Whats wrong with some of these girls?  I did give her a little bit extra (5000 to help out with her daughter and bought stuff for her, she by no means went without) but I’ve done the whole ATM thing when I first came to Thailand so no more from me.  I’d rather be ke nok and single than do that again!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stevetaylor123 said:

Turns out this was for the best.

I didn’t pick it with this girl, perhaps there were a few red flags in hindsight but turns out she had another boyfriend in Sweden who was giving big money (it’s always the Scandinavians throwing it about isn’t it ?!)  She said she hasn’t seen him since she met me and she just liked to keep in touch because he sent her money sometimes for her daughter and ‘you not like to give’ 

Whats wrong with some of these girls?  I did give her a little bit extra (5000 to help out with her daughter and bought stuff for her, she by no means went without) but I’ve done the whole ATM thing when I first came to Thailand so no more from me.  I’d rather be ke nok and single than do that again!

You sound like a bit of a mug to be fair mate.