Pattani man arrested in Phuket motorbike theft

webfact

Pattani man arrested in Phuket motorbike theft

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__10674198.jpg

Police have arrested a man from Pattani wanted over a stolen motorbike that was parked at a music school in Phuket Town yesterday (July 24).

Phuket City Police have arrested 33 year old Tuanbudeeman ‘Tuan’ Tanamae from Pattani at a rental room in Phuket Town. Police also  seized the stolen Honda motorbike. The man was taken to the Phuket City Police Station where he has been charged with theft.

The arrest follows police being notified last week on Wednesday (July 19) that a thief had stolen the Honda motorbike from the parking area of  a music school in Phuket Town.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/pattani-man-arrested-in-phuket-motorbike-theft

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-07-25

A buddy of mine had his scooter stolen in Patong. When he went to the police to report it the police spent 30 minutes trying to get him to not file a police report. They finally took the report (I think, I was there) Of course nothing happened. No insurance claim or anything, just the principle for the statistics. I would guess the guy had more pull than an average tourist to get action from the police.

3 hours ago, Ulic said:

A buddy of mine had his scooter stolen in Patong. When he went to the police to report it the police spent 30 minutes trying to get him to not file a police report. They finally took the report (I think, I was there) Of course nothing happened. No insurance claim or anything, just the principle for the statistics. I would guess the guy had more pull than an average tourist to get action from the police.

I agree. Years ago we had a bike stolen. Wife went to Patong police. Officer said he would look if my wife 'paid his petrol money to go search'. We drove about Patong and found the bike outside a guesthouse.