A visa run to Singapore, how long should I stay?

I have done 3 visa runs to SIN. On all three occasions, I flew with Scoot, went out  from BKK mid morning and I was back at BKK by 7pm. Cost was 3,200 Bhat, plus 200 for the car park for a day.  Not bad as I got a free drink, took a sandwich with me, not really allowed by Scoot, but they didn't challenge me when I was eating it,  and watched movies on my iPad for the two flights.  Easiest border run in the world, just not the cheapest. 

18 minutes ago, AlphaCanadian said:

Next month I'm doing a tourist visa run to Singapore.

Are you planning on applying for tourist visa at the embassy or are you wanting to fly out and back for a 30 day visa exempt entry?

A visa application takes a couple of days and you have to apply online for it. See: http://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-consular

Your post doesn't specify you're looking for the minimum time required to accomplish your visa  goal so I take a different viewpoint.

I'd allow as much time as you can afford.     Singapore is a very nice well run city with loads of interesting things to see.    It's not inexpensive but I'd say it well worth the cost and time invested.

Have fun and you sit back and enjoy this final rehearsal.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It gets a bit boring after a week

Yes a week is enough for singapore, if longer than i would take the boat to the islands from there.

But there's plenty to see and do in singapore...i love to be there and eat indonesian food in their great foodcourts and restaurants.

This year they will make the public transport able to be paid by Mastercard creditcards with a wireless chip.

So from Changi you can hop in the train very easy.

30 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It gets a bit boring after a week

Everyone likes different things or the world  would suffer from oneness.

A man told me a few years back that he wondered why I was visiting Hanoi for two weeks.    He said it would be boring to me after 2 - 3 days.      Nothing could have been further from the truth.

The same holds true for me regarding Singapore.    I know for sure if I went through the  effort and cost to get to Singapore, I'd darn sure want to take  advantage of some of the  great things the city has to offer.

I look forward to a return visit.   If it weren't   for the high housing cost, I'd give living there a shot.   

Again, to each his own.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thian said:

Yes a week is enough for singapore, if longer than i would take the boat to the islands from there.

But there's plenty to see and do in singapore...i love to be there and eat indonesian food in their great foodcourts and restaurants.

This year they will make the public transport able to be paid by Mastercard creditcards with a wireless chip.

So from Changi you can hop in the train very easy.

Singapore has public transportation down to a pure science.   I recall looking up a train route from my hotel room and seeing  a minute notice for the next arriving train at the station nearest to me.

The City/State  has its act together.

• 7 months later...
On 7/25/2018 at 9:22 AM, Pilotman said:

I have done 3 visa runs to SIN. On all three occasions, I flew with Scoot, went out  from BKK mid morning and I was back at BKK by 7pm. Cost was 3,200 Bhat, plus 200 for the car park for a day.  Not bad as I got a free drink, took a sandwich with me, not really allowed by Scoot, but they didn't challenge me when I was eating it,  and watched movies on my iPad for the two flights.  Easiest border run in the world, just not the cheapest. 

On 7/26/2018 at 9:09 AM, Fallangpakwan said:

Last time I did it I flew THAI using my airpoints; they gave me a return boarding pass at swampy and on the return I sat in the adjacent seat to the one I went out on. Did have to pay 150baht for my carparking.

On 7/26/2018 at 11:24 AM, 50BahtLeo said:

Did a visa run to KL same day no questions asked (DM - AirAsia). Had 20K with me just in case as was a visa-exempt entry at the time.

Other than the 20k for visa exempt runs, did the Airlines ask for onward bookings out of Thailand? I am in between jobs and need to do a run next Friday due to WP cancellation. Be on tourist for a month till they put together paperwork and then do a proper Non-B application. Thanks

A number of years ago (about 15 or 16 I think) I needed a visa run... 

The simplest option for me was a return flight to Singapore - Thai airways.

I returned on the same flight with the same crew. 

I exited Immigration into arrivals, then straight up to departures, checked in and back out again through immigration. I think the layover was about 1.5 hrs. I entered Thailand with a Visa Exemption Stamp.

If getting a tourist visa from the Thai Embassy I think you need to submit in the morning and collect the following afternoon. So, a very early departing AM flight and an evening return flight the following day.

16 minutes ago, Poppadom said:

Other than the 20k for visa exempt runs, did the Airlines ask for onward bookings out of Thailand? I am in between jobs and need to do a run next Friday due to WP cancellation. Be on tourist for a month till they put together paperwork and then do a proper Non-B application. Thanks

Singapore are one of the places where the Airline staff always paw through my Passport looking for a Visa if I am using the return leg of a ticket. 

Thus: IF traveling on the return leg of your flight and entering Visa Exempt you may well need to show proof of onward travel to the Check In staff in Singapore (and possibly at Immigration in Bangkok). 

If I'm not mistaken, if you have a Visa there is no need to show proof of onward travel.

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Singapore are one of the places where the Airline staff always paw through my Passport looking for a Visa if I am using the return leg of a ticket. 

Thus: IF traveling on the return leg of your flight and entering Visa Exempt you may well need to show proof of onward travel to the Check In staff in Singapore (and possibly at Immigration in Bangkok). 

If I'm not mistaken, if you have a Visa there is no need to show proof of onward travel.

That's the thing... I will be between jobs on a tourist visa exempt run.

BUT

Just found out that upon wp and extension stay cancellation I can apply for a 60 day spouse visit extension.

That will be more than enough time for new employer to put together paperwork.

Like going back to SG every now and then. Uses to live and work there for 6 years and still have lots of friends there.

10 hours ago, Poppadom said:

No they didn't.