Level of safety in Bangkok declining?

AlphaCanadian

On 7/26/2018 at 9:52 AM, LomSak27 said:

Never,  but last year a good friend was riding his bicycle, while his eyes were on the road he went into a hole, in the road - Head over handlebars and when he came down he involuntarily put arms out to protect himself. That's one broken collarbone. Pins had to be reset once so May - October basically one handed. Bad sure, but he felt he was lucky as it was light traffic so a car did not run him over and kill him when he was on the pavement. 

Oh and another non friend bashed his shin and tore a lot of skin because he went through a sidewalk paving while jogging, yuck. I didn't see it either. 

The first was a westerner, the second a local.

Not a bad statistic in a city of over 10 million

On 7/29/2018 at 11:22 AM, Number 6 said:

I feel in a small drain in Penang. I was VERY lucky the rusty rebarb did not skewer me. The drain simply disintegrated under foot.

Cement covers in BKK are much the same.

This is one of the first things people should learn when arriving to Thailand. Do not walk/step on them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 9:35 AM, Time Traveller said:

ok believe whatever you want. You know everything. 

But having witnessed local people - office workers / school kids - injured from falling into drains or being hit by motorbikers riding on sidewalks...I disagree.

What were you doing following school kids? it would take years of hanging around kids to see them "fall into drains" thats just creepy

Edited by badjoke